`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Advise pls! 33 authentic signatures, incl. James, Duncan, Marion...

Advise pls! 33 authentic signatures, incl. James, Duncan, Marion...
Dear All,

I was volunteering back in 2004 at the Olympic Games of Athens and more concrete at the Basketball Games. During those days I had the opportunity to meet in person many Basketball Players from around the world. I asked many of them if it is possible to sign on my original Athens 2004 Volunteer Polo Shirt and the outcome was to collect the signatures of:

Lebron, James (USA) #9
Marion, Shawn (USA) #11
Duncan, Timothy (USA) #13
Ginobili, Emanuel David (ARG) #5
Scola, Luis Alberto (ARG) #11
Basile, Gianluca (ITA) #5
Galanda, Giacomo (ITA) #6
Pozzecco, Gianmarco (ITA) #9
Bulleri, Massimo (ITA) #12
Chiacig, Roberto (ITA) #14
Hatton, Roberto (PUR) #6
Arroyo, Calros (PUR) #7
Dalmau, Christian (PUR) #9
Ayuso, Elias (PUR) #10
Fajardo, Sharif (PUR) #13
Santiago, Daniel (PUR) #15
Alvertis, Fragkiskos (GRE) #4
Papaloukas, Theodoros (GRE) #5
Zisis, Nikolaos (GRE) #6
Papanikolaou, Dimitris (GRE) #7
Spanoulis, Vasileios (GRE) #8
Fotsis, Antonios (GRE) #9
Chatzivrettas, Nikolaos (GRE) #10
Ntikoudis, Dimosthenis (GRE) #11
Tsartsaris, Konstantinos (GRE) #12
Diamantidis, Dimitrios (GRE) #13
Papadopoulos, Lazaros (GRE) #14
Kakiouzis, Michail (GRE) #15
Giannakis, Panagiotis (GRE) Coach
Kakiousis, Eleftherios (GRE) Coach
Kostaki, Anastasia (GRE) #5 Women's Squad
Stachtiari, Eirini (GRE) #12 Women's Squad
Samoroukova, Maria (GRE) #13 Women's Squad

Now, 8 years later, I wondered how much this Polo Shirt may be worth since I seriously consider to auction it.

Could you please tell me how much such a product could be worth? (If anything...)

Thank you in advance for your time,
Alex

The Polo Shirt:

[Image: IMG_2567_zps31ee68ce.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2568_zps287e59d3.jpg]

[Image: DSC00789_zpsebb8f448.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Advise pls! 33 authentic signatures, incl. James, Duncan, Marion...
If u go to "photobucket.com" and open an account with the site, you would be able to upload your scans on there and post them here by copying the "IMG CODE" and then pasting it on your thread. Photobucket allows u to provide many options with the items u scan/upload on there.

I'm telling u this because you posted "thumbnails" and they do not show anything. Most of the members on here would tell u the same thing.

Hope this helps to provide us some viewing pleasure as I'm sure we r all curious to see this piece.

Hope this helpsSmile

sounds interesting! please upload a photo using photobucket or imageshack. attachments don't work

Thank you very much for the tip. I just updated my post.

nice piece there, if youre going to sell it, its a must to get it authenticated from someone reputable such as jsa. if you go that route, tell them the story and send a clear picture like you posted, this will help your case. As far as value, its kind of a tough sell more then likely. mainly because you will have to find a buyer that wants all of those signatures. there may be some diehard lebron collectors that wouldnt want this piece because its on a polo and it has alot of international players on it. but on the other hand, there are tons of olympic collectors that may like something like this. i would throw out a guess price of around $200 in an auction. this is just a guess and it could be extremely high or extremely low. but thats a cool story and it would be sentimental, i would just hang onto it because more then likely what money you get out of it isnt going to be life changing.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(10-21-2012, 04:43 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: there may be some diehard lebron collectors that wouldnt want this piece because its on a polo and it has alot of international players on it.
I agree, it might have complicated a sell and probably brought the price down to have so many non-NBA players on it. (I hate to admit that btw.)

I love the auto in Greek at the bottom of the shirt on the first photo. I bet that if you pronounce it three times the god Ares resurrects to bring mahem to the modern world.

Hi Alex,

I strongly recommend against selling it.

Personal items like this usually hold far greater sentimental value than the actual price you'll get for it on eBay.

I think it's an awesome item, a real one-of-a-kind. Surely the memories you have of the Olympics - and collecting the signatures - are worth more than $100-200 or so? (Which is what I think it'll sell for, even if you got it authenticated by PSA, which in itself will cost you some money)

What does $100 buy you? A couple of meals out and a taxi back home?

Keep the polo shirt Smile

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Will