`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Football - What's a good low-end brand to start with?

Football - What's a good low-end brand to start with?
I just recently got back into collecting and been doing mostly baseball, but with the baseball season winding down, I also want to do football. What's a good low-end brand to start with? Thanks!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

RE: Football - What's a good low-end brand to start with?
I like Platinum and Topps Prime. With Platinum, every card looks like an insert Smile Plus, you can usually get blasters of each at Target. Rookies and Stars is cool too..JMO!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(10-16-2012, 10:11 AM)koolkellygirl Wrote: I like Platinum and Topps Prime. With Platinum, every card looks like an insert Smile Plus, you can usually get blasters of each at Target. Rookies and Stars is cool too..JMO!
Thanks for the opinion. Appreciate the feedback.

PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Score and Topps are the most low-end you can go. Topps Jumbo wouldn't be bad either. A lot of base but also an auto/gu thrown in there with nice some short prints and a few nice reprint designs.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

I say Topps Prime, it's reasonably priced and have seen some great hits! I like the photography on the cards also.
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/

(10-16-2012, 12:29 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: Score and Topps are the most low-end you can go. Topps Jumbo wouldn't be bad either. A lot of base but also an auto/gu thrown in there with nice some short prints and a few nice reprint designs.
Thanks. Went out and got a few packs of 2012 Topps this afternoon. Got a few inserts/parallels. I think my favorite is the Ed Reed throwback design mini-tall boy.

(10-16-2012, 12:29 PM)Magnifico21 Wrote: I say Topps Prime, it's reasonably priced and have seen some great hits! I like the photography on the cards also.
I'll have to consider that. I just got regular Topps. I did pull a Paramount Pair Dez Bryant/Justin Blackmon. Thanks for the advice.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Don't forget to check your commons for the SPs too.
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

Well does it matter the year? If not go with score inscriptions or there's a few from last year. You are more likely to get some better hits from 2011 than 2012 because this years class is ehhh

My choice for the prices that Prime and Platinum go for would be Certified. I'm not sold on the redesign this year but it has been great since 2010.
If you want to try some last years stuff out, Absolute prices have dropped to around $100.
2012 Finest mini boxes have an auto in each and you get a shot at die cut inserts and refractor parallels.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

I'd say stay away from Absolute, or anything else with limited packs. Jdetter is right, you want to find something decent go with Score inscriptions, the only hits are autos, quite a few low $ cards and a healthy mix of vets and rcs.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"