`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help identifying Hull card

Need help identifying Hull card
Hello, I am a long time collector of Brett Hull cards. I have made the rare post and purchase from Beckett a long time ago, back before the site change. I am in the long, slow process of getting my collection more organized. I am looking for some assistance in determining the origin of the following Hull card. I am pretty sure it is from the 19990-00 season, however I am not sure what product it was released in.

Card in question front
[Image: 1999-00%20UD%20Authentics%20a.jpg]

Card in question back
[Image: 1999-00%20UD%20Authentics%20b.jpg]

First thought is that it was from 19990-00 HoloGrFX UD Authentics as this has a simular design, however I know this is the card from that set as the copy right / trade mark info on the back mentions HoloGrFX.

1990-00 HoloGrFX card front
[Image: 1999-00%20UD%20HoloGrFx%20UD%20Authentics%20a.jpg]

1990-00 HoloGrFX card back
[Image: 1999-00%20UD%20HoloGrFx%20UD%20Authentics%20b.jpg]

The only other set I can find from around this time with "UD Authentics" in the set name is the 1990-00 Upper Deck Gold Reserve, and this is that card.

1990-00 Upper Deck Gold Reserve UD Authentics
[Image: 1999-00%20Upper%20Deck%20Gold%20Reserve%...cs%20a.jpg]

[Image: 1999-00%20Upper%20Deck%20Gold%20Reserve%...cs%20b.jpg]

Thanks for the look and any assitance you can provide.

RE: Need help identifying Hull card
You have me stumped! I checked the listings and found nothing different than you have posted. So, you might want to contact Upper Deck and find out if they can help you with this identification.

Then you should contact the Beckett Hockey Magazine Editor by email (dhitt@beckett.com) and let him know what you have found out. Send pics and everything that you have done here, and hopefully it can get posted to the database! Amazing cards and I am sure that we (especially Brian!!!) would all like to see more of your brilliant collection! Best wishes!

Randi

I'll have to do some research when I get home from work. I'm a long life Brett Hull collector as well. Are either of the Authentics for trade?

If I remember correctly the Authentics autos for The Gold Reserve series 1 look like the ones from the Hologrfx. Do you know for sure what series of the Gold reserve the one you have came from?

(10-15-2012, 04:31 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: If I remember correctly the Authentics autos for The Gold Reserve series 1 look like the ones from the Hologrfx. Do you know for sure what series of the Gold reserve the one you have came from?
I did not know there was both a series 1 and series 2 Authentics inserts in the Gold Reserve product. I do not know which series the Gold Reserve card I have came from as I did not pull it from a pack myself.

After digging on UD's website I found the checklists for both series 1 and 2 Authentics autos from Gold Reserve and Hull is in both. Actually there is a lot of similarity in the checklists for the Gold Reserve and HoloGrFX sets.

1999 Upper Deck Gold Reserve Series 1 - UD Authentics
BH Brett Hull Stars
BM Bill Muckalt Canucks
CD Chris Drury Avalanche
CJ Curtis Joseph Maple Leafs
DL David Legwand Predators
PB Pavel Bure Panthers

1999 Upper Deck Gold Reserve Series 2 - UD Authentics
BH Brett Hull Stars
BL Brian Leetch Islanders
BL Brian Leetch Rangers
CJ Curtis Joseph Maple Leafs
PS Mike Comrie Thrashers
PS Patrik Stefan Thrashers
SS Sergei Samsonov Bruins
SS Sergei Simsonov Sergei
SY Steve Yzerman Red Wings

1999 Upper Deck HoloGrFx - UD Authentics
BH Brett Hull Stars
BM Bill Muckalt Islanders
CD Chris Drury Avalanche
DK David Legwand Predators
PB Pavel Bure Panthers
PS Patrik Stefan Thrashers
RB Ray Bourque Bruins
WG Wayne Gretzky_1 Rangers
WG2 Wayne Gretzky_1 Kings

So maybe I have both the series 1 and series 2 cards from Gold Reserve. I will see if I get any response from UD.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry the cards are not available for trade.