`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Serious Question for Hockey Fans And Collectors
10-12-2012, 09:07 PM
RE: Serious Question for Hockey Fans And Collectors
It really bothers me that there will probably be no hockey this season ...they should cover Bettmans butt with bacon strips and let the dogs out but hey what can you do......as for me I would figure all I would have to say is I am from Montreal but some may not get that one so I will just say that Hockey is in my blood I live it although there is a lockout it will not stop me....there are still a few new up and coming Habs that I will be chasing as well as past stars......if you want to get a little more insight on players there will be as rayeates wrote.......The player all have either gone back to their OHL/WHL/QMJHL clubs, have gone overseas, or have decided to play in the AHL. ......some of those games will be televised you can check them out best way to see who to chase is to see them in actual game action growing up...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 09:10 PM
(10-12-2012 09:07 PM)ty4orce Wrote:  It really bothers me that there will probably be no hockey this season ...they should cover Bettmans butt with bacon strips and let the dogs out but hey what can you do......as for me I would figure all I would have to say is I am from Montreal but some may not get that one so I will just say that Hockey is in my blood I live it although there is a lockout it will not stop me....there are still a few new up and coming Habs that I will be chasing as well as past stars......if you want to get a little more insight on players there will be as rayeates wrote.......The player all have either gone back to their OHL/WHL/QMJHL clubs, have gone overseas, or have decided to play in the AHL. ......some of those games will be televised you can check them out best way to see who to chase is to see them in actual game action growing up...

Hopefully they get it worked out.

I know with the NBA lockout last year — and no new cards to chase, retail-wise (LOL) — it gave me a lot more time to sort, build sets, organize, etc. ... so it was a good thing in that sense.
10-13-2012, 01:48 PM
I only collect 90's, So the lockout won't affect me. And my favorite stuff to break is ITG, so even if I decide to break (which I rarely do), the lack of RC's doesn't matter in ITG stuff. The only collecting benefit to losing a season is how strong the RC will be when it comes back (two drafts, an extra year of prospect development - more NHL-ready younger players). But UD and Panini will just load up so heavy on RC's it should still be relatively diluted within a box... what hurts me, as a collector, is that if there are less products, more people may try to chase the things I chase

[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)
10-15-2012, 06:20 PM
(10-13-2012 01:48 PM)phildo37 Wrote:  I only collect 90's, So the lockout won't affect me. And my favorite stuff to break is ITG, so even if I decide to break (which I rarely do), the lack of RC's doesn't matter in ITG stuff. The only collecting benefit to losing a season is how strong the RC will be when it comes back (two drafts, an extra year of prospect development - more NHL-ready younger players). But UD and Panini will just load up so heavy on RC's it should still be relatively diluted within a box... what hurts me, as a collector, is that if there are less products, more people may try to chase the things I chase

Yeah, good points. I wish there was an ITG equivalent for the other sports. Leaf is trying (sort of), but they're still trying to find their niche.
10-16-2012, 03:14 PM
I said it wasn't going to effect my card buying, but I haven't bought any hockey in about 3 weeks.

PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket
10-16-2012, 08:42 PM
(10-16-2012 03:14 PM)anavrin78 Wrote:  I said it wasn't going to effect my card buying, but I haven't bought any hockey in about 3 weeks.

Wow ... is that from anger over the lockout, lack of products, or lack of enthusiasm due to no preseason games (i.e., no way to figure out which rookies look good early?)

Or something else LOL
01-15-2013, 10:54 PM
EDIT AT TOP, JUST WANTED TO CONGRATULATE YOU GUYS ON THE LOCKOUT BEING OVER! RJ
01-16-2013, 07:31 AM
as long i still have Whaler cards to chase i will go after it

but for me it is all about being a kid again

using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)
01-16-2013, 11:23 AM
(01-16-2013 07:31 AM)bonnev659 Wrote:  as long i still have Whaler cards to chase i will go after it

but for me it is all about being a kid again

Ahhhh, Kevin Dineen, bring back memories of the "thumbtack design" ... what year was that? '87? 88?
01-16-2013, 01:14 PM
It really didn't affect my collecting at all. I collect mainly vintage cards and older inserts pre 1999. I concentrate heavily on Leafs, vintage star players, all OPC from 1972-1989 with a heavy love of the 1979-88 era, and inserts of Leafs from the 90's.

I also collect with my 11 year old and together we collect Newfoundland born players as well as some Habs (YUCK!!) Martin St Louis and Halak (his favorite). We eased back during the lockout but will likely start up again with his collection now that hockey is back. We are excited to have NHL hockey again.

[Image: MapleLeafs.jpg]

NHL hockey is back!!!!