Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
86 fleer jordan real or fake?
Photo 
86 fleer jordan real or fake?
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b525...7b3eff.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b525...91aea2.jpg

is this jordan real or fake? the above links show detailed pics of the card thanks

RE: 86 fleer jordan real or fake?
Fake. The coloring alone proves it's a copy. Fake fake fake. Stay away

(10-09-2012, 02:44 PM)bengu Wrote: Fake. The coloring alone proves it's a copy. Fake fake fake. Stay away
+1 colors to bright.
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

(10-09-2012, 03:35 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: +1 colors to bright.
not sure how its fake because the fleer logo is solid and the yellow flag is diffrent color yellows, on the back the little basketball has the lines in it and the bulls logo is clear and sharp. could it be the colors were printed like this from the factory? I googled how to spot a fake Jordan and this one dose not have any of the red flags

(10-09-2012, 03:45 PM)goldcoin2012 Wrote: not sure how its fake because the fleer logo is solid and the yellow flag is diffrent color yellows, on the back the little basketball has the lines in it and the bulls logo is clear and sharp. could it be the colors were printed like this from the factory? I googled how to spot a fake Jordan and this one dose not have any of the red flags
I know what you mean about the clear fleer logo and how all the small printing on the back needs to be legible but it looks too bright in the coloring. The only ones I have seen this bright have been reprints. They are getting better and better at making fakes. Need to be careful. That’s why it’s always a good idea to buy a graded card. BGS, PSA and a few others are your best bet. This is all just my opinion. You can take a look at my photobucket link bellow if you want to campare the two.
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

im pretty good at spotting fakes. ive seen them all. this actually looks real. im almost ppsitive its real and it looks like a high grading one also. i hopwe im right for your sake. good luck!
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(10-09-2012, 04:38 PM)quavis Wrote: im pretty good at spotting fakes. ive seen them all. this actually looks real. im almost ppsitive its real and it looks like a high grading one also. i hopwe im right for your sake. good luck!
+ 1

If it's fake, then wow. Seems like the grading companies have their work cut out for them. But, I would be cautious on why a copy this nice hasn't been submitted yet.

I wonder why it is in a toploader & not a hard case...?? I would think after 20+ years, somebody would of switched the case... at first glance, it looks too perfect....

wonder why the owner of the card has not sent it in themselves for grading....?? probably because they are scared to find out it is a fake or they already know it's a fake.... hmmm... not sure...

Most collectors, even ones that have gave up the hobby long ago... including non-collectors.. would know a MJ RC is very valuable.... I know a few 12 year old kids that know that it is worth hundreds of dollars..

Lets say for discussion purposes... you buy the card that is showing in the OP & which I reposted below.... You send it into BGS or PSA to get graded & it comes back as a fake... now, you go back to the person you bought it from, saying it was a fake... & asking for your money back or what ever cards you traded for the MJ RC... .. Now, the seller says that the card was switched & the one that he sold/traded you was real... how can you prove that it did not get switched? The seller might think you switched it.. while you will think it is either fake, or somebody at BGS/PSA switched it.... You might be out of money.. It is a "he say, she say" situation. Both the buyer & seller's words against each other....

I went to my LCS today to drop off a couple cards that I sold to the owner through ebay.. Save him the shipping costs.... there was a customer in there talking to the shop owner & another long term customer/friend of the owner.. they were discussing sending cards for grading to PSA.. the customer, which is probably around my age (early 30's).. was asking if the LCS sends in cards for grading for customers.. & what the difference in PSA compared to BGS grading... we all know that PSA is a little more easy on grading PSA-9.5 & 10's... while BGS is harder to get a GEM MINT card... I do like the appearance of BGS graded slabs more, but that is only for appearance... ... the owner of the shop said he does not send in cards to grading any longer, because he had a customer accuse him of switching a card.. it was not serialized, so it was another story of "he say, she say".... Customers words Vs. Shop Owners words.... it kind of feels like a lose-lose situation for the shop owner, because he wants to make the customer happy, especially if it is a long term customer.... while as, a seller (if the card being discussed from OP is actually for sale) either gives the money back, or keeps the money believing the card was switched... if it was purchased through a Sports card website (i.e. Beckett or any other forum) or ebay.. then the seller can get negative/bad feedback... from the buyer... they can either accept the bad feedback or try to defend themselves.... it is hard to say what would happen, because every situation is difference...

If you are looking for a MJ RC, I'd suggest buying or trading for a graded one.... ... but then again, if you look at another point of view... think about BGS or PSA letting a fake MJ slide through their grading process... I am pretty sure it will happen sooner or later, if not already... some of the grading companies are already accused of letting fake or questionable patches slide through.. there was a MJ letterman 1/2 patch that was brought up to the Beckett Forum's attention recently... ....

not to change the subject, but why would 1 out of 23 cards have a letterman patch, while all the rest are jersey swatches..?? & the patch is not even the 1/23 card... doesn't make since.. I am sure the card companies would not let something like that happen.. they'd make a different serial number & call it a different card or version... like MJ patch card, ect.... sorry, just ranting...

[Image: img530_zps987b3eff.jpg]
[Image: img531_zps2f91aea2.jpg]
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

It's clearly fake, the face of the Bull on the back is a little different when you blow the pic up.

I know the OP asked if the card was fake or not.... but I wanted to bring up condition.. if you are going to buy or trade for an ungraded MJ RC... then you should look at condition, because more likely you will want to send it in for grading & pray that it will receive a 9+ grade or higher....
I do not think this card would be worth sending in, if you are trying to make a profit.. & that is my opinion without looking at the card in my hand.. & assuming it is real... I am not a grader, nor have I ever send any cards in for grading... so I do not want to comment on what grade I think the card would get if it was real...

look more closely to condition... appears as if there is a crease on left side # 57 & above GO of bulls log on back of card... chipping on front of card, top right on red border..

another possible crease, but may be just a wrinkle in the pennysleeve... front of card, left side of MJ's shorts.. between two larger red blotches, which is supposed to be fans in the background...

again, why would the collector keep this card in a toploader? In my opinion, & it is an opinion only.. please do not use it as fact.. but those that want to pass off shaved cards to make them appear that they are perfect would have the card in a toploader & pennysleeve instead of a nice magnetic or screwdown hard case... because those cases are supposed to hold the card perfect, without movement... with the pennysleeve & toploader, there is no way you can tell that the edge was shaved or trimmed... unless you have the card in hand & are able to compare it to another card... hopefully, comparing it to a similar card from same set.. when looking through my 86-87 Fleer set, when I first started chasing it... I found two cards that were shaved... luckily they were commons.. but why would anybody want to shave a card, unless they are trying to pass it off as a better condition than it is....