Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Job Braves Fans

RE: Nice Job Braves Fans
(10-12-2012, 05:10 PM)dlcarst Wrote: Beer is great
I'm 37 and never had a beer. I'm now handicap and can't have beer, b/c I can't eat or drink anything orally. I had brain stem surgery and doctors advised me against drinking beer. I don't even feel like I missed out on something by never drinking beer. My parents told me that beer was nasty anyways.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-12-2012, 05:40 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I'm 37 and never had a beer. I'm now handicap and can't have beer, b/c I can't eat or drink anything orally. I had brain stem surgery and doctors advised me against drinking beer. I don't even feel like I missed out on something by never drinking beer. My parents told me that beer was nasty anyways.
I would have to agree with your parents. It is nasty. I'm 36, from Wisconsin AND a Brewer fan which puts me in the minority in these parts.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(10-12-2012, 06:12 PM)aprirr Wrote: I would have to agree with your parents. It is nasty. I'm 36, from Wisconsin AND a Brewer fan which puts me in the minority in these parts.
Hey, Thanks. I live in a city in Texas that surprisingly enough is still dry. Both with regards to a drought and alcohol. They keep putting it up for a vote and we keep voting down the sale of alcohol.

How can someone drink something that resembles urine in a glass?

I drink beer, but I would be all for either banning it or at least limiting it at ballparks ... maybe a $10 voucher gets you punch cards for two beers?

And once you're out of punch cards, you're out of beers?

You could sell them at the gate/ticket window, and not have any sales inside the stadium so that people couldn't just buy more punch cards during the game.

I mean, I've never understood getting drunk at a game ... isn't it exciting enough without it, and don't you want to remember it (insert "no" jokes about bad teams' games here) ...

The problem is, they make SO much money on beer, it'll never happen — you get one at a game for the same price basically as a sixer at the store.

It's like sodas at fast food restaurants — it costs them like 7 cents for a large Coke at the fast food joints.

(10-12-2012, 06:33 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I drink beer, but I would be all for either banning it or at least limiting it at ballparks ... maybe a $10 voucher gets you punch cards for two beers?

And once you're out of punch cards, you're out of beers?

You could sell them at the gate/ticket window, and not have any sales inside the stadium so that people couldn't just buy more punch cards during the game.

I mean, I've never understood getting drunk at a game ... isn't it exciting enough without it, and don't you want to remember it (insert "no" jokes about bad teams' games here) ...

The problem is, they make SO much money on beer, it'll never happen — you get one at a game for the same price basically as a sixer at the store.

It's like sodas at fast food restaurants — it costs them like 7 cents for a large Coke at the fast food joints.
Thank You for your comments!!

As far as beer goes, around these parts (metro-Detroit) people love to complain about the prices at the game. "TEN DOLLARS FOR A BEER!" they say. Actually, it's more like 8.50. And that's for 22-24oz. Which is basically 2x the size of a normal beer that people have no problem paying $3.50 for in a bar. So, we're down to the fact that someone carried 40 beers around, up and down stairs, to give you 2 of them, and they're complaining about $1.50-2.00.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(10-12-2012, 06:49 PM)uvaspina Wrote: As far as beer goes, around these parts (metro-Detroit) people love to complain about the prices at the game. "TEN DOLLARS FOR A BEER!" they say. Actually, it's more like 8.50. And that's for 22-24oz. Which is basically 2x the size of a normal beer that people have no problem paying $3.50 for in a bar. So, we're down to the fact that someone carried 40 beers around, up and down stairs, to give you 2 of them, and they're complaining about $1.50-2.00.
True, but those guys make SO much money it's worth the wear and tear on their legs and backs.

(Not really.)

(10-12-2012, 09:28 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: True, but those guys make SO much money it's worth the wear and tear on their legs and backs.

(Not really.)
My brother used to sell beer at cleveland browns games. -Suffice it to say, he found another calling. Smile I don't really go to games to drink beer, but I'm glad to be able to buy one large one for ten bucks out the door (w/ tip) and call it good.

I used to work at comerica park (when it first opened). People always complain about the outrageous(!) concession prices, but there's actually a lot of people, time, and money that goes into making those stands churn for 4 hours a night. Make no mistake, the teams do just fine on concessions, but it costs a lot to keep the ship running.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

red sox fans would have thrown small children onto the field
\
just sayin'

(10-12-2012, 10:05 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: red sox fans would have thrown small children onto the field
\
just sayin'
Just the ugly ones, right?
(10-12-2012, 10:00 PM)uvaspina Wrote: My brother used to sell beer at cleveland browns games. -Suffice it to say, he found another calling. Smile I don't really go to games to drink beer, but I'm glad to be able to buy one large one for ten bucks out the door (w/ tip) and call it good.

I used to work at comerica park (when it first opened). People always complain about the outrageous(!) concession prices, but there's actually a lot of people, time, and money that goes into making those stands churn for 4 hours a night. Make no mistake, the teams do just fine on concessions, but it costs a lot to keep the ship running.
True ... and the other side of the equation is that nobody is forcing people to buy stuff at the games. My dad and brother and I have done that at Kings games many times, where we meet up early and hit up Carl's Jr. or whatever is close to the arena beforehand.