`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I think i bought a fake auto :(

RE: I think i bought a fake auto :(
if you thought it was odd, why did you bid on it then?
Supercollecting DeMarco Murray LMK if you have anything
PC Stats: 860/1435. 91 1/1's, 189 Autos, 182 Gu, 216 #ed, 180 Base/RC's

[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(09-29-2012, 01:30 PM)CowboysFan829488 Wrote: if you thought it was odd, why did you bid on it then?
Very good question...im actually surprised youre the first to ask. I figured if i got it cheap enough it was worth the risk.....and for $18 i think that was cheap enough for this gronk auto. I havent got it in yet so i dont know what it looks like in person. We'll find out.

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile

I agree it looks different, compared to the autograph card that I have of his and the autos in your recent mailday post. Is the card listed on Beckett? Was this card released a sticker autograph? If the answers are no, then it's fake, or an in-person. If it's an in person, then send it in to Beckett. That is what I would do. Just my two cents.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(09-29-2012, 01:43 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: I agree it looks different, compared to the autograph card that I have of his and the autos in your recent mailday post. Is the card listed on Beckett? Was this card released a sticker autograph? If the answers are no, then it's fake, or an in-person. If it's an in person, then send it in to Beckett. That is what I would do. Just my two cents.
The card is listed in beckett and i have seen legit copies of it that all look the same with exception to the auto being wirtten differently. However they did put out a non auto version of the card which is what got me skeptical.....but the picture he showed of the back shows the panini authentic stamp of approval basically...so until i get it in hand i wont know for sure. Even then it is strange....id like to know the story behind it. The more i hear what people are saying and the more i think about it....it would be hard to fake it if it does have the panini thing on the back...but its still a very odd sig....like did he have someone else sign this one or something lol

I agree that the auto looks different than others,but I would rest better knowing that the COA is on the back.Like many have said already,some sign thousands at a time and I am sure are distracted at times while signing those.I think you have a great piece!
[Image: LSU-Saintsbanner.jpg]

maybe Gronk signed it different to see if we are paying attention. if its the only card with a sloppy auto, does that make it a 1/1? LOL
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

(09-29-2012, 08:05 PM)420ramsfan Wrote: maybe Gronk signed it different to see if we are paying attention. if its the only card with a sloppy auto, does that make it a 1/1? LOL

Yea im surprised they didnt list it as an "ebay 1 of 1"

That looks extremely odd, but if someone was going to fake it he probably would not make it look like that!

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.