`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Smudged autos

Smudged autos
I've searched the forum for a while but haven't been able to find a thread where this has been addressed. Forgive me if it has. I just broke a 2012 Topps Pro Debut box yesterday & my 2 auto cards have badly smugded autos. I carefully placed them in toploaders anyway but i'm wondering if 1. This has happened to any of you, 2. What, if anything did you do about it, and 3. I assume the answer is yes but does a smudged auto greatly de-value a card? Planning on talking to my local shop where i made the purchase & give Topps a ring but just wanted some info from anyone who's experienced this. Thanks guys.

RE: Smudged autos
i have not expreienced this before, but i do know that topps does take care of defects in cards.
they will probably ask u for the the upc of the box and the empty packs to go with it.
hope this helps.
thanks

(09-16-2012, 06:00 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: i have not expreienced this before, but i do know that topps does take care of defects in cards.
they will probably ask u for the the upc of the box and the empty packs to go with it.
hope this helps.
thanks
Exactly what i was hoping to hear. Thx for replying!

Chris

(09-17-2012, 11:00 AM)tcu1993 Wrote: Exactly what i was hoping to hear. Thx for replying!

Chris
If you want to know if Topps will do something about it, just call them and ask. My guess is that they will NOT do anything for you, but maybe you'll catch them on a good day.
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

just list them as 1 of 1's on the bay someone will buy them.lol joking i think topps will replace them.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

Well I'm pretty much screwed. I was mistaken in my first post. Instead of 2012, the cards were from a 2010 Topps Chrome set. Topps' website says they'll replace damaged cards from the CURRENT year & I obviously missed that boat. Thanks again for the replies.

Sorry to hear that. Still might be worth a phone call - you never know
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I have returned 4 autos since 2009 and the latest (2 weeks ago) a Jaff Decker limited to 199 (jersey with auto) with a smudged auto. In all 4 cases I received back a NEW card with a perfect auto. This never took more than two weeks. The Jaff Decker I just got back, like two others, were serial numbered and that is what I got back no substitutions.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

(09-19-2012, 04:08 PM)happy14027 Wrote: I have returned 4 autos since 2009 and the latest (2 weeks ago) a Jaff Decker limited to 199 (jersey with auto) with a smudged auto. In all 4 cases I received back a NEW card with a perfect auto. This never took more than two weeks. The Jaff Decker I just got back, like two others, were serial numbered and that is what I got back no substitutions.
That is seriously encouraging news. I just registered the 2 cards in question to my Organize. One is a $50 Mike Stanton RC Auto & the other is a $30 Ivan Nova Auto. Ouch. Of all of my 2010 Topps to be messed up it's these two. Oh well. Thx again

I have a 2010 TOpps Chrome Stanton auto that is smudged. -The way I look at it, Mike threw his fingerprint in for free. lol
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*