`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kobe bryant donruss elite auto

RE: Kobe bryant donruss elite auto
(09-05-2012, 10:34 AM)skywalker Wrote: That was the first thing i noticed that there is nothing on the back to 'verify the authenticity' of the autograph. But what gives me hope is that it is numbered out of 39, and i cannot find a numbered version of this card to 39 leading me to believe one of 2 possible scenarios. Number 1 being it is a fake and someone forged an auto and somehow numbered it? OR that it is a real, but rare card? (i hope? lol) Any thoughts on the serial numbering here? The numbering looks authentic enough.

i agree about the serial numbering but then as i look at "the same card" link i just posted the serial numbering looks diff! spaced out and is one blackish? or just a bad scan?? also the numbering is not straight on one... hmm so strange...still think fake but ???
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(09-05-2012, 10:38 AM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: i agree about the serial numbering but then as i look at "the same card" link i just posted the serial numbering looks diff! spaced out and is one blackish? or just a bad scan?? also the numbering is not straight on one... hmm so strange...still think fake but ???
It seems as though several people believe that the gold 24 in the left corner is the authenticity and that was confirmed by panini? I may have to contact Panini myself to check it out.

Also, i sent a message to the guy i purchased the card from on ebay. Hope to hear back from him soon to get his take.

yea i hope it works out for you just looks strange though. i would contact panina for sure! i just checked their site and they have checklists for all years and i cant find that card!

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

My thoughts are to contact Mr. Hackler or Mr. Prusha about this. Seeing as how I think it's from the National, there wouldn't be anything stating that the AU is certified (as no other version of that card has AU), that is what the 24 sticker is for. Go to paniniamerica.wordpress.com, find a basketball article, and then ask him for his Twitter or email and he'll likely be able to provide some answers.

As for why it's not in the system, if it is from the National, that's why. Panini, Topps, Upper Deck, etc. don't always provide a complete checklist of cards that come from the National and some cards they take to the National are late additions. I personally think any card that is exclusive to the National should be stamped AT the National by a NSCC representative and be given a serial sticker similar to what UD and Topps put out. This way they can be authenticated, though some fool will find a way to rig it.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(09-05-2012, 10:49 AM)skywalker Wrote: It seems as though several people believe that the gold 24 in the left corner is the authenticity and that was confirmed by panini? I may have to contact Panini myself to check it out.

Also, i sent a message to the guy i purchased the card from on ebay. Hope to hear back from him soon to get his take.
The "24" on the reverse is the authenticity stamp used for the Kobe cards.

(09-05-2012, 11:10 AM)hlc1949 Wrote: The "24" on the reverse is the authenticity stamp used for the Kobe cards.
It seems like I am beginning to hear this a few times, that the 24 on the reverse is indeed a stamp of authenticity. So it looks like it's authentic. The next question is what is the value of a card like this?

(09-05-2012, 11:16 AM)skywalker Wrote: It seems like I am beginning to hear this a few times, that the 24 on the reverse is indeed a stamp of authenticity. So it looks like it's authentic. The next question is what is the value of a card like this?
That's more up to the buyer than anything. Unless Panini (or someone with proof from Panini) provides Beckett with proper details, Beckett more than likely won't put it in the system.

can the sticker be lifted? i hope not!

(09-05-2012, 11:42 AM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: can the sticker be lifted? i hope not!
More than likely, but that's why I suggested contacting Panini. They should be the only ones that really know.

(09-05-2012, 11:42 AM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: can the sticker be lifted? i hope not!
The auto is right on the card, not on the sticker. if that's what you are referring to lol I am still so new at all this. But it is fun!