`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(O.T.) Dont you hate it when.....

(O.T.) Dont you hate it when.....
There a card you want really badly for your collection and it seems everyone and their mother is bidding....EVEN 4 DAYS BEFORE IT ENDS!

What is the point of that? Usually a sniper grabs it at the end anyway. Why do these people bid days in advance? Argh

RE: (O.T.) Dont you hate it when.....
(09-03-2012, 11:55 AM)creativemunky Wrote: There a card you want really badly for your collection and it seems everyone and their mother is bidding....EVEN 4 DAYS BEFORE IT ENDS!

What is the point of that? Usually a sniper grabs it at the end anyway. Why do these people bid days in advance? Argh
Yeah, I know. One thought that comes to mind is that the people who are bidding days in advance could be the seller OR the seller's friends.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I bid on items I want days in advance because the ebay app on my Blackberry only lets me bid on my phone if I bidded preveously. So if Im going to bid at work and want to win an auction at the last minute, I bid before I leave or when the auction begins.

that 1-click bid is screwing my buying. Hate getting outbidded by a few bucks.
Time for some retaliation. Its almost like some people watch and increase, in hopes of jacking it up more.
And when they do...i let them have it. Just to see it re-posted days later.
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

sometimes ill bid days before just so i get reminders and have it listed on my ebay. also sometimes ill just put in my top price days before or whenever, I may not be around to pay attention to it. If a sniper wants it he'll have to dig a little deeper in his pockets for it, which matters none to me.
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

If they are long auctions, I will bid it up early. If it stays low, the auction gets tons of watchers. Too many people watching means I pay too much at the end. So I will bid it up to try to get people to watch the other auctions for similar cards and let me take that one cheap with my snipe. :-)

i always bid as soon as i see the item. i bid at a price that i think is more than fair to me. then after a day or so i decide if i reeeeeally want the card. if not, i just let the original bid stand and sometimes i still win. if i do reeeeeeally want the card then i don't bother with all the sniping bull crap, i bid $10-20 more than i want to pay. if i win i don't care what price i paid because i reeeeally wanted it and if i get out bid then i'm not bothered by someone out bidding me by a $1 because i already bid more than i wanted (or could afford). i think if more people bid early more sellers would list items at a lower starting price. just my opinion.
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

If there is an item I want, I put my maximum bid in whenever I find the auction. If I win it great, if not, I move on.
Collecting any and everything LOST 112/138 (81%) LOST autographed cards and 33/95 (35%) LOST Memorabilia Cards.

I hate it when people post the same thread in multiple areas.
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

I do the same as some of the guys have posted above. I usually bid when it's low so that I can keep it in my "bidding" box on my ebay app on my phone. It just makes life so much easier and it alerts me when the listing is ending so I can check it out then too.
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/