`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should i grade this before trading?

should i grade this before trading?
Just wondering should i have this 74 topps graded before putting it up for trade.I dont collect much vintage at the moment busy with griffey right now..Photobucket
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

RE: should i grade this before trading?
I wouldn't. Doesn't look like it will grade high at all to give it any kind of jump and with the cost of grading and s/h both ways, I think you'd come out losing in the end. If you can, try to get a scan of just that card (front/back) with a black background if possible and some of us can help you out with a grade to list it by if you'd like.

You might already know this, but for the black background I'd go with just a black piece of paper behind it and crop down after the scan, leaving some of the black around the card. Either that or turn all lights off so the room is as dark as possible and leave the scanner "door" open when scanning. This is probably the best method for getting a solid dark backdrop.

You probably/might already know this but just posting it anyway just in case.

will this work?PhotobucketPhotobucket

Centering is off 90/10 on the back and I see a few print spots on the front. I would skip grading this card. Prolly come back around a 7. 1974 Topps is not a condition sensative set so there are many nice examples out there.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Yeah, I'd probably go anywhere from EX to NM being that photos/scans can't show the surface.

(09-01-2012, 04:51 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Centering is off 90/10 on the back and I see a few print spots on the front. I would skip grading this card. Prolly come back around a 7. 1974 Topps is not a condition sensative set so there are many nice examples out there.
your right the centering is off on the back and there are a few spots where the black ink is.I think you are all right i will just trade it raw and not bother with the grading ty all for the help.