Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Dad Passed away Sept 8 2012

Dad Passed away Sept 8 2012
UPDATE
My dad has passed away on Sept 8 2012 at 22:35 after his long fight of heart trouble. If you havent seen me on in several days now you guys know the reason why. I have 2 packages with me right now that I need to ship. Sorry for the delay guys/gals. I will still be here at my dads house for at least 1o more days tighting up losse ends and starting to close out his estate.

with tearing eyes
To my dad I will miss you and mom but I know you will continue to watch over me and my family untill I come home and then I can give you break and I will watch over them. I just hope I can keep you proud of the decisions I make. Love you both. goodby with love

9-20-12 update
going through some of my dads personal stuff here and as a kid I remeber the ribbons he wore but after reading his DD214 from the millitary I realized I really had a war hero in my house. I would like to share with you all my findings
Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal w/1 Oak Leaf Cluster, Army Commendation Medal w/3 Oak Leaf Clusters, Army Good Conduct Medal w/Clasp, Bronze, 2 Loops, National Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal, Non-Commissioned Officer Professional Deployment Ribbon w/Numeral 1, Army Service Ribbon, Over Seas Ribbon w/Numeral 3 , Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry w/Palm (2nd Award), Republic of Vietnam Armed Forces Honor Medal, First Class, Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation.
Dad you were /are my heroe even without these medals awards and ribbons.

All my freinds here know my dad has been in and out of the hospital all year 3 heart attacks and many many heart congestive failures. Well he went back to the hospital on Friday another fluid around the heart. Just 10 minutes ago I got a phone call from my God-Mother who is also my step-mom and she told me they are admitting him to ICU and are going to do everything they can but his Kidneys and liver is shutting down. I have 5 trades that need to go out and about 6 more in progress. I will try to take them with me but with everyone around this house trying to pack up I may even forget the packages.
I just hope I make it to the hospital in time if the inevitable happens. I just dont want everyone to think I skipped out on them. I dont need that with everything else going on
History of my dad:
Born 1938, 3 tours in Veit Nam. Shot down in 3 Hellocopters, Blown out of 2 jeeps, POW, retired in 1986 after 27 years of service. Called to Saudi Arabia after retirement to work as a civilian as a combantant working with Saudi troops and American troops to protect the Saudi border. In the 70s while stationed in San Antonio he was a Deputy Sherriff in Devine TX.
PS Retired as a CWIIII
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

RE: OT I think it time.
I am sure all your traders will be more than understanding. The cards can wait.

Your father is an American hero in the truest sense, and I wish the best for you and your family.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

sorry to hear the bad news....praying for you and your family
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Sorry to hear the bad news. I recall reading about one other trip to the hospital. Hope everything works out ok !!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Sorry Wayne for such an awful news. My prayers for you, your dad and family.

Sorry for the aweful news.. You, your dad, and the rest of your family is in our prayers. Seems like he has gone through a lot lately and I hate to hear things like that happen to anyone.... Hope for some positive news soon for your family soon.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Wayne,

My Prayers are with you and your dad. Keep me updated.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Really sorry to hear the bad news Wayne. All my thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong.

My prayers are going out to you and your family. Your Dad seems like an amazing man and hero.

Thank you everyone.
Its has been a very close call. We are not out of the woods yet. On Tuesday they put a dailysis mechine on for 4 hrs and then again for 8 hrs on Wends and Thursday took him off the mechine on Friday and had to put him back on early this morning. The Liever and Kidneys are not functioning at all. The right side of his heart went form 10% working to 20% working.

On Monday they took 4 1/2 pints of fluid off of him then through the dialysis took off 2.5 pints of fluid after the Doc took him off the mechine he gained it all back and then could not poop wich prompted them to drain 4 pints this morning then hook him back up to the mechine. I will be on call to go back in a minute notice if changes go to worse than better.

Since Monday is a holliday all packages will go out on Tuesday and will be packed up in the pickup tonight get get you your cards that you all have been patiently waiting on.

Thank you every one for all your prayers (they are working) pateince and comments.

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]