`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wife is awesome, but redemptions stink

My wife is awesome, but redemptions stink
My wife bought me a hobby box of 2008 Bowman Chrome from WalMart for our anniversary. This is the first time she has ever bought cards for me. I was super excited and opened the box. Nothing really to speak of. No color, but I did get an EXPIRED redemption of Angel Villalona.

My wife does not know anything about cards, so she didn't know that there could be expired redemptions in the box. I tried the code, but of course it said the code is inactive.

I am excited that my wife bought me cards, but I asked her nicely to just buy the ones in the little $20 boxes, from now on so this doesn't happen again.

It was pretty funny, because she got a little angry when I told her it was expired and explained how the redemptions worked to her.

RE: My wife is awesome, but redemptions stink
yep the fact that redemption's expire sucks! The least they could do is give you something of similar value for the expired redemption. I am always scared to buy older boxes because of redemption's. At least your wife is awesome!
Always looking for more Dodgers, Raiders, Kobe, and USC Trojans.

Not a lot of value in that auto anyway. Didn't the giants drop him after getting arrested for murderer?
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

The fact that your wife bought you a box is awesome!!Smile

btw I like your avatar......that was my favorite game back in the day!!Big Grin
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

Never hurts to call Topps and ask if they'll send something else. You never know!
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers

(07-09-2012, 05:24 PM)spitjean Wrote: Never hurts to call Topps and ask if they'll send something else. You never know!
I opened a box 29 days after the redeptions were expired and Topps told me there was nothing they could do to redeem my blue refractor auto of jesus montero. Try to redeem, but good luck!
[Image: KershawBlueRefAutoRC.jpg][Image: StantonRefractorAuto.jpg]