Question 
I Need some info on the 2011-12 Hoops line
2011-12 Panini NBA Hoops
Base Set Checklist
279 Total Cards

Artist Proof Parallel:
Artist Proof Black Parallel:
Glossy Parallel Cards - 1 Per Box

This is from a checklist i found earlier. I have a few quick questions.

What are artists proof and proof black cards? Are their 279 of each or 278 (minus the Mav's championship card) ?

How rare are glossys? I've only gotten one in like 60 packs, Omar Asik lol.

Only 174 autographs, why No KG or Rondo?

How many different buyback cards of Robinson are there?

One more general card question..........

How can i keep a new card at a BGS 10 grade? What will bring it down to a 9 or less?

To Anyone who can help with any of these questions, i'll really appreciate it

RE: I Need some info on the 2011-12 Hoops line
According to the Beckett database...

There are no Artist Proof Parallels for #279. But I'm not sure what you meant by "279 of each". The regular Artist Proofs aren't numbered, and the Black Parallel are /1.

As for the glossy's, with them not being numbered, I'm not sure how rare they are either. How are you buying your packs? Retail, through loose packs at the LCS or boxes? I might be grabbing a box soon so I'll let you know how many glossys I get. You may also want to double check all of the cards you've pulled, sometimes they're easily missed.

Why only 174 AU, some people have exclusive contracts with other companies, some don't care to sign that much, and many other reasons.

There wasn't a release on how many of each buyback (5 buyback AU) were created.

A new card is not necessarily a BGS 10 automatically. You are more likely to pull an 8.5 than you are a 9 or higher. This is because of centering, chipping, damage from shipping, etc. The best protection is to at the very least sleeve all cards you have. However, this adds to the space needed to store everything. The best protection you can (or should) give to base cards would be at least sleeved and put into a top loader, but again, this adds to the space needed to store everything. Also, and I know this may be because of my OCD, but when I open cards, I am careful about opening the pack itself (sometimes I cut the top off) so I don't risk pending any corners by trying to pull the cards out. And then, when I have the cards in my hands, I only hold them on the sides, I don't touch the fronts and backs. This helps with surface grade as oil from your hands (if they aren't clean) can erode the card over time (not sure how long that would take). There are ways of "cleaning" the surface of a card before sending it in for grading, but it's easier just to hold the cards on the side if you ask me.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(06-26-2012, 01:59 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: According to the Beckett database...

There are no Artist Proof Parallels for #279. But I'm not sure what you meant by "279 of each". The regular Artist Proofs aren't numbered, and the Black Parallel are /1.

As for the glossy's, with them not being numbered, I'm not sure how rare they are either. How are you buying your packs? Retail, through loose packs at the LCS or boxes? I might be grabbing a box soon so I'll let you know how many glossys I get. You may also want to double check all of the cards you've pulled, sometimes they're easily missed.

Why only 174 AU, some people have exclusive contracts with other companies, some don't care to sign that much, and many other reasons.

There wasn't a release on how many of each buyback (5 buyback AU) were created.

A new card is not necessarily a BGS 10 automatically. You are more likely to pull an 8.5 than you are a 9 or higher. This is because of centering, chipping, damage from shipping, etc. The best protection is to at the very least sleeve all cards you have. However, this adds to the space needed to store everything. The best protection you can (or should) give to base cards would be at least sleeved and put into a top loader, but again, this adds to the space needed to store everything. Also, and I know this may be because of my OCD, but when I open cards, I am careful about opening the pack itself (sometimes I cut the top off) so I don't risk pending any corners by trying to pull the cards out. And then, when I have the cards in my hands, I only hold them on the sides, I don't touch the fronts and backs. This helps with surface grade as oil from your hands (if they aren't clean) can erode the card over time (not sure how long that would take). There are ways of "cleaning" the surface of a card before sending it in for grading, but it's easier just to hold the cards on the side if you ask me.

Awesome info bro! You've been a great help since i've started posting here.

What is an artist proof in the first place lol? I've seen them, but what is the concept? Same question for the black parallel. Also what does /1 mean for the black parallels?

By 278/9 i was asking if the entire base set had glossy parallels-black parallels?

(06-26-2012, 02:09 PM)Jade88 Wrote: Awesome info bro! You've been a great help since i've started posting here.

What is an artist proof in the first place lol? I've seen them, but what is the concept? Same question for the black parallel. Also what does /1 mean for the black parallels?

By 278/9 i was asking if the entire base set had glossy parallels-black parallels?
I believe, and could very well be wrong on this, that the artist proofs are the very first ones produced. I've only ever pulled one Artist Proof (2009-10 Panini Taj Gibson RC), and other than it being glossy, it said Artist Proof and was number /499. The black parallel /1 means that there was only one copy of it made.

By #279 being a chase card, you could kind of say the entire regular set has glossy/artist proof parallels, but if you include #279, then no.

(06-26-2012, 02:20 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I believe, and could very well be wrong on this, that the artist proofs are the very first ones produced. I've only ever pulled one Artist Proof (2009-10 Panini Taj Gibson RC), and other than it being glossy, it said Artist Proof and was number /499. The black parallel /1 means that there was only one copy of it made.

By #279 being a chase card, you could kind of say the entire regular set has glossy/artist proof parallels, but if you include #279, then no.
Ok i'm set on everything now! Well except for the black parallels, i get that there is only one of each, but what do they look like? All 278 base cards have only /1 black parallel?

EDIT:So basically what i'm what asking is, what is the difference between artists proof and black artists proof? Are the black artist proof cards all /1?

you should be getting about two glossy's per box along with two artists proofs. The black's - i assume - have either a black border or the artists proof is done in black foil. Without any images of them it's pretty hard to tell. As to no garnett AU's - i can only assume that his autograph is still the property of upper deck or he hasn't included signing in his contract with panini - much like patrick ewing has done.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(06-26-2012, 10:24 PM)taffster74 Wrote: you should be getting about two glossy's per box along with two artists proofs. The black's - i assume - have either a black border or the artists proof is done in black foil. Without any images of them it's pretty hard to tell. As to no garnett AU's - i can only assume that his autograph is still the property of upper deck or he hasn't included signing in his contract with panini - much like patrick ewing has done.

I got one Artist proof in my Hobby box, Dwight Howard. Regular silver foil artist proof, but i was pretty happy.

Are the Black Parallels /1 ? Somebody here mentioned having a Kobe proof that was /1 and i've never seen a regular silver proof that was numbered. If Black parallels are /1 that would mean all 278 base cards only have one black parallel. Wow Panini makes it hard to complete sets!

Anyone have a pic of a Black Parallel? I'm sure somebody here has one haha!

Also, anyone know how rare the Dallas Mavs champions card is? I pulled one today and was curious. Not nearly as rare as Black Mamba or Blake Surperior right.

Last question

Can Black Mamba or Blake Surperior be pulled retail packs?

For anyone wondering, my autos were just two Raptors Sad

I believe the Mamba and Superior can be pulled in retail packs, but it's more than likely MUCH harder than a hobby box. They're already pretty rare. The Dallas Mavericks Champions card is probably 1 in every 4 boxes I think I read somewhere.

As for the Black Parallels, I haven't seen anyone pull one on this forum yet. And yes, all of the black parallels only have one made for that card, all /1. Most people don't collect low numbered parallel sets, but there are some. But for the most part, the /1 cards (from any product) are more geared towards super collectors with money. They don't make /1 sets expecting someone to chase that set, especially where there are 278 of them. And while there are some people who go for Master Sets (I heard someone recently is going for the Past and Present Master Set), they normally choose a set that is going to be difficult to obtain, but not nearly impossible. Maybe a set where the lowest numbered parallel is like /10. Hope that helps.