`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOUK!!!

RE: YOUK!!!
I think Youkilis will be a great addition for the White Sox, he can still be valuable to them this season. I think trading him now was the right time. They have Middlebrooks at 3rd and Gonzalez at 1st (where he should be). It was getting blown out of proportion, the problems around Youkilis, whether it was Valentine or what not. So if you have interest in him (the White Sox) why not trade him, you have zero idea if/when Youkilis will get hurt again, then you're screwed if he does. Another positive from this trade is that they got Lillibridge. I believe it was NESN that reported he is an upgrade from Darnell McDonald, so please please please trade or just get rid of McDonald, please. Also, Gonzalez has played in the OF before he got to the Red Sox, so it was completely foreign to him like it would be to Middlebrooks, who was a SS in High School and in his stint in the Minors, eventually moving to 3B.
Sadly it was just time for Youkilis to go. Also another thing to consider was his contract was up and there was absolutely no way he was coming back. So at least get something for him while you still can.

(06-24-2012, 11:09 PM)bazooka joe Wrote: Im not sure what im ignoring?

And to answer your question, because I think he is a better player than that. I expect him to play very well for the White Sox.

I guess time will tell and we will see who was right.
the fact that not only do you not put a guy who has never payed OF into the OF, especially in a park where left and right fields are...let's say, unusual. the fact that middlebrooks is flat out killing the ball. the fact that youk, even once he came back, was still hurt. the fact that there is no indication that a 33 year old guy with back issues can produce even average numbers - numbers that havent been there since august 2010. the fact that since 2010, youk has been horrible with 2 outs and runner in scoring position (.170 hitter)

whereas the red sox had better alternatives, the white sox are really hurting at 3rd. theyll give youk a look-see, but if he doesnt pan out, they still have time to make another trade

(06-24-2012, 09:40 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: youk had 6.5 million left on his contract this year, the sox sent 5.5 to the chisox. thus, 1 million this year will be paid by the chisox

his contract next year is a club option 13 million, with a 1 million buyout

so again: youre telling me the braves couldnt afford to give a guy 2 million over 2 years, plus a couple nobodies? you think that would hurt them?
Ok a couple things... 1 that is not how a club option works they would either have to pay 14 mil to have him the rest of this year and next OR 2 million to have him for the rest of this year

If they buy him out it frees him up to go elsewhere

But back to the point I never stated what the Braves could or would not do or afford... I stated my opinion on him and I am glad that at least it seems they felt similar in that regard

It seems you cannot see the forest for the trees and I get that but the snarled responses to people are not always necessary. We already have several guys such as Hinske, Diaz, etc. that we use off the bench even at the 2 mil outlined above the Braves would not need him as mentioned they will have to push their resources into pitching (starting & relief)
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

Youkilis makes his return to Fenway tonight. Interesting that it happens on the same day that the player he was traded for, infielder Brent Lillibridge was designated for assignment. Another in a long line of lopsided Boston trades.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html