`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Impulse buy blows up in my face

My Impulse buy blows up in my face
So i got some paypal from a Recent sale on Ebay and was looking to pick up a Celtic card for my pc when i came across this card

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270987128687?ssP...1423.l2649

Seeing that it was at .99 Cents w/ free Shipping and only 1 Bid with 5 Minutes to go i thought Awesome how did a Parish Auto Slip thru the Cracks so with 10 seconds left I Bid $6.75 thinking that would be a Steal when i win it for $2.59 i almost did a back flip then after settling down i figured i better make sure and Sure Enough its the Black Fascimile and not the Actual auto i was kicking myself i just paid about 60% BV an insert which goes against my collecting rules.

Oh well you live an learn it still a card i didnt have in my PC so thats good atleast..

Remember Always do your homework before Clicking BID lol

RE: My Impulse buy blows up in my face
Good things its only $2.59!

(06-04-2012, 08:45 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: So i got some paypal from a Recent sale on Ebay and was looking to pick up a Celtic card for my pc when i came across this card

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270987128687?ssP...1423.l2649

Seeing that it was at .99 Cents w/ free Shipping and only 1 Bid with 5 Minutes to go i thought Awesome how did a Parish Auto Slip thru the Cracks so with 10 seconds left I Bid $6.75 thinking that would be a Steal when i win it for $2.59 i almost did a back flip then after settling down i figured i better make sure and Sure Enough its the Black Fascimile and not the Actual auto i was kicking myself i just paid about 60% BV an insert which goes against my collecting rules.

Oh well you live an learn it still a card i didnt have in my PC so thats good atleast..

Remember Always do your homework before Clicking BID lol
I did this one time too. I saw a Jordan refractor selling for super cheap. Did really look at the pic or read the description. I ended up winning the auction for $35 dollars. What I failed to notice is that the card was severly damaged. The card was accidently seeled into the package so the card itself had mark the width of the card that looked like the edge of a wrapper....wasnt happy but was my own fault.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

agree, at least it was less then $3, could have been alot worse, but you got a pc card for less then $3 so thats good lol.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

A $3 story to add to that pc Smile
[Image: batman.gif]

not too much money, so lesson learned..

I bought a Mychal Thompson 2001 Fleer Greats of the Game auto for $17dlvd. I lost a bid on a previous card that went for about the same price, with free shipping... so I hurried & clicked on the "buy now" price on the card I bought.

There is no write-up/description on the listing. The seller did not mention that the bottom left corner is severely dinged. Looks like the card was dropped. It is not noticeable in the picture. Nor does the ebay listing let you enlarge the picture for better review. I assumed that the card would be flawless.... but after opening the bubblemailer & looking at the card. The bent corner is very noticeable.

I emailed the seller telling him to put the actual description of the card in the write-up if there are flaws on his future listings... It sucks, waiting all that time to receive the card & then find out it is ruined.

I would of not bought the card if I knew about the dent. Even though this is a hard to find card.. it was not worth the $17 I spent...

Posted print screen of listing, before ebay archives the pic/listing.

[Image: mychalthompsonauto.jpg]
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Impulse buys on eBay can be dangerous if you don't carefully check the picture and description. I have had it happen before as well. At least it was under $3.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(06-04-2012, 10:19 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: What I failed to notice is that the card was severly damaged. The card was accidently seeled into the package so the card itself had mark the width of the card that looked like the edge of a wrapper.
I have pulled a few cards with the wrapper marks before. It really gets me when A) The card would have been valuable and/or B) I want it for my PC.

Actually, I give them away when I donate cards to a cause. What's a couple "wrapper-marked" cards in a lot of 300 when you give them away for free? And someone will be really pleased when "pulling" a sweet and free single, no matter the condition.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

yeah its happened to me a few times mainly I've won a card then latter on realize I had it already.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

(06-05-2012, 12:09 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: yeah its happened to me a few times mainly I've won a card then latter on realize I had it already.
I've done this a few times. infact i already have the Parish Topps Signature Auto just tryin to get this because of the steal..