`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay Question

Ebay Question
So I bid on a card today and placed my final bid of $34 in. The Winning bid was for $35. I did not win and did not think much of it. Well just a couple minutes ago I received a Second Chance offer for my bid. For some reason this seemed odd to me that already a Second Chance Offer was sent. So I did research.

I looked up the completed auctions of the same card...and from the same seller the same card sold yesterday for $23.49. I then looked at their auctions and then they have the same card for a Buy It Now for the same price. I got a second chance offer for 34 but they have the card for 23.49 BIN based on an auction that ended yesterday? Does this seem weird to anyone? And should I just buy the BIN auction and say no to the Second Chance offer? Or would you avoid this situation all together?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Ebay Question
(05-19-2012, 07:53 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: So I bid on a card today and placed my final bid of $34 in. The Winning bid was for $35. I did not win and did not think much of it. Well just a couple minutes ago I received a Second Chance offer for my bid. For some reason this seemed odd to me that already a Second Chance Offer was sent. So I did research.

I looked up the completed auctions of the same card...and from the same seller the same card sold yesterday for $23.49. I then looked at their auctions and then they have the same card for a Buy It Now for the same price. I got a second chance offer for 34 but they have the card for 23.49 BIN based on an auction that ended yesterday? Does this seem weird to anyone? And should I just buy the BIN auction and say no to the Second Chance offer? Or would you avoid this situation all together?
depends on the card, but i do the same when i have multiples of a card

(05-19-2012, 07:53 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: So I bid on a card today and placed my final bid of $34 in. The Winning bid was for $35. I did not win and did not think much of it. Well just a couple minutes ago I received a Second Chance offer for my bid. For some reason this seemed odd to me that already a Second Chance Offer was sent. So I did research.

i'd say no and go with the BIN price. maybe they have a second account or know someone your bidding against, but the rest of what you said does sound weird. pay what you feel you'd like to pay for it.

[Image: newsig3.jpg]

but if you can bin cheaper than the 2nd offer...why use the second chance?

(05-19-2012, 08:00 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: but if you can bin cheaper than the 2nd offer...why use the second chance?
I am not going to. I already bought it using the second BIN price. Just thought it seemed odd. Just didnt want to get to anythign weird.

the good news is that if there is any hijinks, you won it on ebay, and as a buyer, you are completely protected

(05-19-2012, 08:09 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the good news is that if there is any hijinks, you won it on ebay, and as a buyer, you are completely protected
Yeah that's true. I'm assuming the seller either has multiple cards or keeps relisting because he isn't getting the price he wants. Just seems odd that in two days the same card was listed bin....or what appears to be the same card