IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bryce Harper's True RC

RE: Bryce Harper's True RC
I love this quote in the regular Topps release:
"because of limited timing the card will be short printed"

Really, it takes that much longer to print x amount of that many more? I don't think so. They just want to bring an extra premium and can put on their boxes that it's going to be an SP and command a higher box price.

Even Topps, the brand that has kept the low-end collector in the hobby for so long, is take it over the top.

Good job Topps!!!!

I agree ... it's pretty lame to short print the "true RC."

I'm not going to chase it. I'm just going to wait for the one that you can pull in the Update blasters.

Funny thing is, if you asked most collectors, they'd probably just think his 2011 Bowman was his rookie card anyway, same with Strasburg in 2010.

First and foremost, I love Bowman, it's actually my favorite card set of the year.

It is also the set that actually screws everything up in terms of rookie cards, because twice in the last three years we now have a situation where non-RCs (Bowman) and "true RCs" (almost everything after Bowman) were printed in the same season.

I get that it has to do with the timing of when they came up to the majors, but to say one 2010 Strasburg is not a rookie card and a bunch of other ones are is very confusing.

Rookie card = any card issued during a player's first MLB season, shouldn't be in a USA or MiLB jersey.

If for some weird reason no card like this was issued in the player's first MLB season, cards from the next year work.

Anyone trying to call it something else is often doing so in order to make a profit and/or trying to create an environment where its easier to make a profit.

If you want a minor league player's first card, that's great - get some first year Bowman cards!

There's often too much emphasis on modern RCs, the people who tend to want them most don't always know a lot about cards; most real collectors like all sorts of cards.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

Chasing the giveaway card lots :}
Crazy for kins i feel you. Not really sure that was needed i was bored on twitter when that was posted. Sticker auto though did not look that ehh well you make your decision i will take a base., Unless they sell for the way they look.
[Image: NYBannerFinalcopy.jpg]