`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION: crossover PSA to BGS

QUESTION: crossover PSA to BGS
Quick question, I am yet to send in a PSA card to be crossovered to BGS.

What is the simplest method for sending in a PSA graded card to BGS.

For example, I want to send in a PSA 9 graded card. However, I only want the card re-slabbed if the card will grade out to BGS 9 or better?

How do I go about doing this in my "submission" form. thanks in advance!

RE: QUESTION: crossover PSA to BGS
(04-16-2012, 11:38 AM)coureymarshall Wrote:
Quick question, I am yet to send in a PSA card to be crossovered to BGS.

What is the simplest method for sending in a PSA graded card to BGS.

For example, I want to send in a PSA 9 graded card. However, I only want the card re-slabbed if the card will grade out to BGS 9 or better?

How do I go about doing this in my "submission" form. thanks in advance!
And this is key. In my experience, a PSA 9 would not cross over to a BGS 9. In my experience, a PSA 9 would cross over to a BGS 8 OR BGS 8.5.

But to fill out the submission form, you simply fill it out as you would a regular submission. In the space to the right of the Declared Value field, just hand-write your minimum grade that you want. You no longer have to send in a waiver form. For the easiest method, just send the card in the PSA slab and let them crack it out for you.

I hope that this helps.
(04-16-2012, 12:18 PM)nolan5000 Wrote:

And this is key. In my experience, a PSA 9 would not cross over to a BGS 9. In my experience, a PSA 9 would cross over to a BGS 8 OR BGS 8.5.

But to fill out the submission form, you simply fill it out as you would a regular submission. In the space to the right of the Declared Value field, just hand-write your minimum grade that you want. You no longer have to send in a waiver form. For the easiest method, just send the card in the PSA slab and let them crack it out for you.

I hope that this helps.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Awesome! Thanks so much Nolan!

Always a huge help! And yes, I do have my doubts that the card would grade out to a BGS 9 or better... (might just leave as is and save the $$)

thank you!

(04-16-2012, 01:03 PM)coureymarshall Wrote:
Awesome! Thanks so much Nolan!

Always a huge help! And yes, I do have my doubts that the card would grade out to a BGS 9 or better... (might just leave as is and save the $$)

thank you!
You're Welcome!![/quote]

You're Welcome!!

[/quote]

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

You're best bet, and it doesn't sound like you want to do this anyway but just posting my $.02, would be to break it out of the slab to avoid any potential bias.

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1494811.html

In addition to the potential bias seeing the card in a PSA slab, there is also an additional fee to break the card out of the slab. Im not sure however they can grade the card without taking it out of the PSA slab either as they would have to exam the surfaces of the card. In my experience, I actually broke a card out of a PSA slab and it went from an 8 to a BGS 9. So there is always a potential for it to grade higher.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

I have given that idea thought as well! I appreciate the "heads up." Many thanks!

It is an atomic refractor... Not sure how familiar you may or may not be with the card, but 'overall' they tend to grade better than most. However, I can easily say the corners would not grade 9.5. I'm thinking 8.5 at the lowest and most likely a 9. Will probably break myself and submit (if I ULTIMATELY decide to submit to BGS for grading).

Thanks again!

You can send the card in in the PSA case. It's called graded card review. They will grade it cased. You tell them your minimum BGS grade and if it meets your standards, they crack it and re slab it with the new BGS grade. If not, it comes back to you in the PSA slab. Costs a little more. $7.50 for the graded card review, and another $3.00 if they have to crack it. I think it comes to $10.50 for 20 day service, but not positive. But you have to request "graded card review" with a minimum BGS grade.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

It seems like the general consensus here is that most PSA cards sent to BGS get a lower grade. I only collect BGS/BVG graded cards but have heard so many times that PSA is the way to go with the older cards although I'm not sure why. My question is if PSA graded cards tend to receive a lower grade with BGS is the opposite true for sending BGS/BVG cards to PSA....do they tend to recieve a higher grade?
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(04-19-2012, 10:35 AM)dmasci Wrote: It seems like the general consensus here is that most PSA cards sent to BGS get a lower grade. I only collect BGS/BVG graded cards but have heard so many times that PSA is the way to go with the older cards although I'm not sure why. My question is if PSA graded cards tend to receive a lower grade with BGS is the opposite true for sending BGS/BVG cards to PSA....do they tend to recieve a higher grade?
Yes, PSA is generally more lenient on is grading. But you can't just send PSA cards. They require a membership where BGS is available to the general public.
The fact that BGS is more strict, is what makes it the benchmark of the industry.

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"