`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Beckett iPhone/iPad/iPod App. Cool idea?
04-16-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: Beckett iPhone/iPad/iPod App. Cool idea?
They need to make this happen, my fear would be that they dont update the app enough. They are not very reliable when it comes to the internet aspect of their company.

[Image: IHCE8.png][Image: lgj21.png]

Collecting the players in my sig. If you have any please hit me up!

Questions about any card please PM me!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2012, 03:56 PM
I am definately in for this. I would gladly pay for this!

Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]
04-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Aren't apps designable by anyone who knows the programming. I have heard they are easy to make. So talk someone outside of Beckett into designing it then Beckett will jump on board. They can't turn down money.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html
04-16-2012, 06:35 PM
(04-16-2012 05:52 PM)dbroockerd Wrote:  Aren't apps designable by anyone who knows the programming. I have heard they are easy to make. So talk someone outside of Beckett into designing it then Beckett will jump on board. They can't turn down money.

I was thinking somewhere along the likes of that. But I myself don't know anyone who can create apps or anything near that. Does anyone know anyone who can? Beckett should contact someone to do it, but then again, we're only their customers... Who cares about them............

Looking for 2011 Topps Chrome Eric Hosmer Base Auto...To complete my set!

Bucket (For Trade)
- http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh48...lxxCardsX/

Looking for Legend Autos, Triple Threads Relic/Autos, & Vet. Prospect Refractors!
04-19-2012, 12:19 AM
I think an app for this site is a great idea - too hard to use the regular browser on iPhone going to Beckett.com.

Only problem with someone developing an app is that I think they would need access to the Beckett Database (including users' ORGs) and I don't think they would give that out lightly.

Someone as big as Topps could make an app for their total inventory of cards and then Beckett could latch on to that and expand it to all card manufacturers.

I would think that it would be most profitable and secure for them to develop it in-house, or contract some company to make it for them using their existing site as a framework. (and giving them full access to the database).

And yes, I too would pay for it (but think that $ consideration for those paying for ORG/Price guides would be appropriate).

Ken

CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]
04-20-2012, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2012 09:43 AM by thelegendjerryrice.)
(04-19-2012 12:19 AM)hellsbells Wrote:  I think an app for this site is a great idea - too hard to use the regular browser on iPhone going to Beckett.com.

Only problem with someone developing an app is that I think they would need access to the Beckett Database (including users' ORGs) and I don't think they would give that out lightly.

Someone as big as Topps could make an app for their total inventory of cards and then Beckett could latch on to that and expand it to all card manufacturers.

I would think that it would be most profitable and secure for them to develop it in-house, or contract some company to make it for them using their existing site as a framework. (and giving them full access to the database).

And yes, I too would pay for it (but think that $ consideration for those paying for ORG/Price guides would be appropriate).

Ken

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/04/topp...ple-store/

Not what the convo. is about. BUT it is a START Big Grin

[Image: thelegendjerryrice_zps1992b230.jpg]
Sig by phinzphan1372

Looking 2 trade all my Basketball..

My PC Threads.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1471539.html
04-20-2012, 02:46 PM
I got a crazy idea..... how bout they get the site working first. Then worry about an app. Im all for the app idea but I want to see a fully functioning web site first.

[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket
04-20-2012, 02:52 PM
(04-20-2012 02:46 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote:  I got a crazy idea..... how bout they get the site working first. Then worry about an app. Im all for the app idea but I want to see a fully functioning web site first.

exactamundo

Project Cupid: currently curbstomping cancer

[Image: ow91.jpg]
04-22-2012, 09:10 PM
i would like to see an app as well but for all smartphones since some of us don't have iphones or ipads. maybe they can at least make a mobile friendly site.
05-06-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm glad that other Beckett.com users were thinking this! I was actually really surprised when I checked the App store on my iPhone the other day and there was no Beckett app. There is obviously some cost associated with getting someone to write the code for it but it seems like the potential for generating some significant interest and profit is definitely there.