`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look, i get 90's inserts are hot...but cmon....

RE: Look, i get 90's inserts are hot...but cmon....
1997-98 Kobe Metal Championship Precious Metal Gem limited to 50 is on now. Already in the thousands.

1/1 Kobe sold for over 21K last week.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...true&rt=nc

Nuts.
My girlfriend thought I was crazy for dropping $200 on the Topps Echelon Bill Russell Dual Game Used Patch Autograph #6/10 (his jersey number).
I showed her this auction and she now understands. lol

WAY overpriced IMO. I hope that card gets lost in the international mail since its coming from China. lol

$35K!!!???, why not just book a flight for the extra $1500 and pick it up in person and bring it back with a suitcase handcuffed to your wrist if your dropping that much on the card. lol

Half Hour Left!
Could be YOURS for only $35,250!!!!

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't seem like THAT much money...until you compare it to something real to you.

Last summer I went shopping for a new car as my 7-year old Malibu was approaching 150k miles and the transmission didn't like 3rd gear.

I found a used Camaro, dark red with black racing stripes, less than 15,000 miles and my buddy worked for the dealership and got the price dropped from $24,500 to $22,800.

STILL couldn't afford it. Ended up with a brand new car (nice consolation prize), a 2011 Malibu for $18,800.

I COULD'VE NEARLY BOUGHT TWO OF THE MALIBUS INSTEAD OF THIS ONE CARD. Un-freakin-believable. Even if money were no object I could never bring myself to pay that kind of money for one card.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Sure thats a lot of money but honestly it seems rather small in the entire hobby of card collecting. I mean, that is one of the rarest and most sought after cards of one of the best players ever and it only went for $37,000. I certainly couldnt afford it, but I know people that could easily afford it so I dont see the big surprise here. A guy I know makes 17 million a year. There are lots of people in the world that make that kind of money. If you break that down, they make $45,000 every day. So spending less than you make in one day is not that big of a deal. Im sure many of us on this very site have spent our daily pay on a single card.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(04-11-2012, 10:47 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Sure thats a lot of money but honestly it seems rather small in the entire hobby of card collecting. I mean, that is one of the rarest and most sought after cards of one of the best players ever and it only went for $37,000. I certainly couldnt afford it, but I know people that could easily afford it so I dont see the big surprise here. A guy I know makes 17 million a year. There are lots of people in the world that make that kind of money. If you break that down, they make $45,000 every day. So spending less than you make in one day is not that big of a deal. Im sure many of us on this very site have spent our daily pay on a single card.
I'm glad to say that I have never. Smile My current daily pay (before taxes) is between $250-$300 I think. I've never spent more than $20 for a card. Phew. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(04-12-2012, 09:28 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I'm glad to say that I have never. Smile My current daily pay (before taxes) is between $250-$300 I think. I've never spent more than $20 for a card. Phew. Smile
well consider yourself lucky haha. i dont even make that much but have spent $100 or more on around 18 cards over the years. just depends what exactly you collect i guess. all im saying is that for people that make 37 grand a year, then yes, that kobe is crazy expensive. but to people that make that much in a day or two, its not very expensive.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/