`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
USPS lost my card

USPS lost my card
I recently purchased my 1st Magic Johnson Auto card and was stocked. I got this from the bay with Delivery Confirmation. I tracked it everyday as I could not wait for it to arrive.

I recently got a PO Box and somehow they(USPS) did not update their system to add my name to accept my mail at this PO Box. My package was returned to sender and I was very dissapointed. I contacted the seller to inform him what had occured and asked him to resend my card when he received it. He said no problem and that he would resend me the card. A couple days ago he sends me the following email:

HELLO MR. ROMERO, I JUST RECEIVED THE ENVELOPE TODAY, BUT THAT IS ALL THAT THERE WAS, THE ENVELOPE WAS TORN OPEN AT THE BOTTOM & THE CARD & WRAPPING WAS TAKEN OUT. SO EITHER THE PERSON YOU HAD GO TO YOUR P.O. BOX RIPPED THE ENVELOPE, TOOK THE CARD OUT & SAID THAT THERE WAS NOTHING, OR IT WAS RIPPED OUT WHEN IT LEFT LOS ANGELES, BECAUSE IT SAYS RECEIVED AT PORTLAND, OR. WITHOUT CONTENTS. I HAVE TALKED TO EBAY & THEY HAVE SAID THAT I AM NOT LIABLE FOR THIS WHATSOEVER, AS I SENT IT WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION TO THE ADDRESS THAT YOU HAD AS A SHIPPING ADDRESS, THEY DID SAY THAT YOU COULD FILE A CLAIM AGAINST U.S.P.S. WITH THE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER WHICH ONCE AGAIN IS AS FOLLOWS: 0311 1660 0000 4636 8740, BUT I AM NOT LIABLE IN ANY WAY, SINCE THE CARD WAS SENT WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION TO THE ADDRESS THAT YOU HAD LISTED. I DO HOPE THAT YOU DO SOMEHOW GET THE CARD, & I DO FEEL FOR YOU, BUT PLEASE KNOW THAT I HAVE NEVER TRIED TO SCREW ANYBODY OVER, & NEVER WILL. IF I CAN BE OF ANY HELP TO YOU IN THE FUTURE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS AGAIN, JASON

I was pissed when I read this. My first reaction is this guy screwed me but then I start thinking about all the possibilities. Maybe he's not lying and USPS did lose my card. It's either in their lost and found or an employee took it. I searched online to see if anyone posted the card for sale and sure enough I found it on the bay. This new listing is from L.A.(I live in L.A.), coincidence? ALso take a look at the picture of the card I purchased and the one from the new listing:

Card I bought:

[Image: 2008-09RadianceDiplomaticMagicAuto.jpg]

New Listing:

[Image: magicautodup.jpg]

What can I do?
What are my options?

RE: USPS lost my card
actually, it is on him. insurance is up to the seller. file a claim with ebay

file a claim... NOW!
Looking to trade for Rey Maualuga, Attempting a Super Collection
174/457 = 38% (not including 1/1)
http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae187/donbickle707/

[Image: sig.png]

geez you guys are having all sorts of problems with ebay lately. good luck

Sounds like the seller screwed you
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

I just filed a claim through USPS, can I file one through eBay?

(04-03-2012, 11:10 AM)robd5811 Wrote: Sounds like the seller screwed you
actually, it doesnt at all. looks like the seller is being straight up. and considering the current listing sure appears to be the original card, looks like someone might have snatched it (since it is in the OP's area, not the seller's)

even given that, it is the responsibility of the seller to ensure that the card is delivered safely and in good shape. that is why it is on the seller to buy insurance, not the buyer.
(04-03-2012, 11:11 AM)sonic311 Wrote: I just filed a claim through USPS, can I file one through eBay?
YES. use the resolution center, and file it as "item not received". make sure you include all the details

(04-03-2012, 11:12 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: actually, it doesnt at all. looks like the seller is being straight up. and considering the current listing sure appears to be the original card, looks like someone might have snatched it (since it is in the OP's area, not the seller's)

even given that, it is the responsibility of the seller to ensure that the card is delivered safely and in good shape. that is why it is on the seller to buy insurance, not the buyer.
maybe the seller knows the dude in LA that stole it?

Someone that works for me here in Denver also loads trucks for UPS. If I really wanted I'm sure I can get him to "help" me with stuff.

something seems fishy to me.

(04-03-2012, 11:13 AM)phxsuns1521 Wrote: maybe the seller knows the dude in LA that stole it?

Someone that works for me here in Denver also loads trucks for UPS. If I really wanted I'm sure I can get him to "help" me with stuff.

something seems fishy to me.
occam's razor and such

that's really trying to stretch to blame the seller. most likely, the card was snatched en route somewhere. to suggest that the original seller knew someone in LA, and knew exactly where the card would be and when and had the opportunity to do so....kind of goes beyond the pale

Would you guys say that the card in the new listing is the same card I paid for?
The Auto looks IDENTICAL!