`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physical Risk aside, would you confront a shill bidder?

RE: Physical Risk aside, would you confront a shill bidder?
I got a few nasty emails from this seller when confronted and asked about the shill bidder in which case he says was a bad buyer who keeps bidding on his items.

"Good luck with this price. Now that is what we call fraud. What's on the menu oh ya your listing fee down the drain. Good job with your mission. I really thought I was going to make more than a grand on my last few transactions. I'm not greedy the 4 digits look real nice in my bank account. Good luck selling this listing. Nobody likes sellers with jacked up buy it now prices. That's free advice. Worry about your listings and stay out of mine. I got that bidder blocked finally. Stick to chat rooms captain conspiracy. Have a Nice Day!"

then this one

"That's the best you can do shady? if shady is having $2,400 in sales this month and 212 sold listings this month then so be it little fellow good luck with those buy it now listings. But it now Is a sign of and amateur with a very limited collection who is scared to take a risk. And your feedback rating shows that your a nobody. You can call me out all you want my listings sell and my bank account stays on upward rise. eBay is a business for me a moneymaker. Not some place to hang out and chat with my cyber buddies. Work on your account and actually sell something a couple hundred listings heck even 20 for you would be good. You have to crawl before you can walk little fellow. Your buddies sure did change there tone as well. Typical keyboard warriors."

Sorry I don't list peddly junk on my account to get a feedback boost. This clown needs to be confronted in person OP

Just ask yourself this one question:

What do you gain by confronting him?

You know deep down the answer is nothing.

I hate shilling like everyone else but desperate people do desperate things. In the end if an item was shilled up $40 I say let it go because its not worth losing some teeth over $40. Just my $0.02.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(03-24-2012, 01:36 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Just ask yourself this one question:

What do you gain by confronting him?

You know deep down the answer is nothing.

I hate shilling like everyone else but desperate people do desperate things. In the end if an item was shilled up $40 I say let it go because its not worth losing some teeth over $40. Just my $0.02.
Ohhh... Your $0.02 just got shilled up to $15.65! Wink

Seriously though, you are right in asking what is there to be gained by confronting someone you know nothing about. OP is begging to get hurt, or worse. It will NEVER go the way you THINK it will go. Even if you get the best of him, what makes you think it would end with just one confrontation? Quite possibly, he will look YOU up and pay a visit to your home. Or more likely, he just reports you to the police and he has witnesses since you met him at a card shop with customers. It is a BAD idea, no matter the outcome.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Yeah, as I said, it's all hypothetical on the confrontation since I realized just how realistically close he is. When the card came in the mail yesterday I realized via return address that while his listings show "new orleans" he's actually in an outer NOLA town much closer to me than originally thought. Too close for comfort that I'm not even sure I'd be comfortable leaving negative feedback should anything other than the obvious shilling have warranted it.

I'm not trying to come off like a chicken sh** here, just a realist. My friend also cut off contact with the guy. No longer buying from this seller and sad to say I'm just going to have to stop bidding days in advance Sad.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Some people are just too scared to stand up for what is right. Not everyone is a psycho or killer

(03-19-2012, 11:00 AM)bselje Wrote: Keep in mind these are little pieces of cardboard we're talking about. Perspective?
+1
also you don't have to buy