`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physical Risk aside, would you confront a shill bidder?

RE: Physical Risk aside, would you confront a shill bidder?
If it is a continual thing maybe you can ruin his rep at the card store too?
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

(03-19-2012, 11:18 AM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: but bid what you honestly want to pay and nothing more.
This is 100% where I screwed and deserve a good old fashioned internet smack upside the head. I saw the card, it was an auto of a player I like for not a lot initially, and instead of thinking about a good bid, I clicked my drop down box and just selected the first # that I scrolled to that was higher than the existing bid. SHAME ON ME!

His user name is tigernation77. I am pretty sure he does not post here otherwise I'd be more inclined to PM it instead. (I searched a few variations on that name on here)

Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Take to the street and settle it the old fashioned way, mano a mano. It was a simplier time.

Seriously though, I don't think you have anything to be afraid of. Low life snake in the grass shiller is quite a leap to home-invading serial killer. What's his feedback like? He probably isn't going to compromise a good rating by kicking down your door...
[Image: OuM7E.png]

1997 Ultra PLATINUM - 81.4% Complete (285/350)

*Hundreds and hundreds of trades completed here and elsewhere. Ah, the days of trading in AOL chat rooms and leaving feedback on eBay... But sure, I'll send first. lol ... Really, I don't mind. Smile

Here is the shill bidder user name

fleurdelis1956

Now it appears everyone thinks confrontation is fighting, Confrontation is face-to-face meeting having an adult conversation if you feel you have been wronged you should have every right to bring it to the other person either email, phone, text or face to face. Now if it escalates then you have 2 choices handle your business or simple walk away. I will never throw the 1st punch because then I am defending myself plus most common sense people would rather just spurt words then be involved in an altercation. Most members are correct it is just cardboard but this is your hard earned money and deserve to get it without any hidden tactics. I don't care if its a small sum or a large one it is stealing to me either way.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

It is considered fraud and punishable by law actually according to eBay

Shilling sucks, but it is the nature of the beast. I know this has been said before but either snipe it or expect to get shilled. As for taking action, dont do it. I know it is the principle of the thing but life is to short, and the ramifications are way more extreme than your mild satisfaction of confronting him. I agree it sucks but....

Speaking of shilling anyone see the contenders newton 1/1 sell for 3250 only to be relisted, sell for 3800 then relisted again and sell for 3400??? now that was quite interesting??

(03-19-2012, 01:35 PM)diablo71 Wrote: Shilling sucks, but it is the nature of the beast. I know this has been said before but either snipe it or expect to get shilled. As for taking action, dont do it. I know it is the principle of the thing but life is to short, and the ramifications are way more extreme than your mild satisfaction of confronting him. I agree it sucks but....

Speaking of shilling anyone see the contenders newton 1/1 sell for 3250 only to be relisted, sell for 3800 then relisted again and sell for 3400??? now that was quite interesting??
There could be 2 different ways to look at this. Either the seller made 2 new accounts and bid the auction up or had someone bid it up. Or the other way is sometimes new bidders like to f around and bid on whatever just to be jackwagons and they bid on his auction and obviously never paid. I did notice when he actually sold it, he used BIN so my opinion was he didn't shill it

(03-19-2012, 01:39 PM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: There could be 2 different ways to look at this. Either the seller made 2 new accounts and bid the auction up or had someone bid it up. Or the other way is sometimes new bidders like to f around and bid on whatever just to be jackwagons and they bid on his auction and obviously never paid. I did notice when he actually sold it, he used BIN so my opinion was he didn't shill it
Not saying he shilled the last one, and i was thinking it probably was just a dead beat buyer on the first two... although he relisted the cards within a few hour of the end of auctions... pretty quick trun around to KNOW you have a deadbeat buyer. The BIN at the end would seem legit though

(03-19-2012, 01:14 PM)jessemerson Wrote: What's his feedback like? He probably isn't going to compromise a good rating by kicking down your door...
One negative and 2 neutral in the last year.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram