`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lin Hype is Crazy!!!!!!

RE: The Lin Hype is Crazy!!!!!!
(03-23-2012, 02:02 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Hahaa..i agree a 100%..but can we agree on this last thing, hes hyped and overrated Smile
Hyped, I'll agree on. Overrated, I can't say that just yet. Just like I can't say he's a superstar. I think for someone to be overrated, they have to have played at least 5 years, been highly rated for some time, and not lived up to their potential. For all intensive purposes, right now he is technically playing above expectations. So no, I can't say he's overrated just yet. Given time to develop, be could become much better than average. Remember, he has less than 82 games under his belt, less than a half season as a starter.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Lin and Chandler are two of the most important pieces for the Knicks. They couldn't win without these two, while they've already proven they can win without Melo and Amare. When all of them are playing with each other and clicking on all cylinders, all they've proven is that they can become an elite team. There's nothing overrated about Lin's game. All he does is close games and come up big in key situations. OF COURSE his numbers go down when there is more talent on the team. That's obvious and true for anyone in the league. I don't seriously have to give examples of this, do I?

He has flaws. He needs to become more confident in his ability to play through tough on-ball defenders and don't stop his dribble. Guess what? Everyone has flaws. It doesn't mean that player sucks because of it. It just means it's a game of imperfections.

Saying he is a "soft player" is just... it's okay. I'll just leave that alone.
I collect Stephen Curry Rookie Autos/Patches

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v411/t...n%20Curry/

[Image: tupark_edited-1floor.gif]

You keep forgetting that 7 of the games they won without melo and amare were against teams below .500..and yes hes soft , if you dont see it your not watching enough knick games lol
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(03-23-2012, 04:34 PM)robd5811 Wrote: You keep forgetting that 7 of the games they won without melo and amare were against teams below .500..and yes hes soft , if you dont see it your not watching enough knick games lol
does that include the lakers and mavericks? 5 of the games were against teams below .500 (not 7), but that means nothing given how much the team was missing. the knicks, w/out those 2 guys, should have been equally as bad or worse given how bad the team had played up to that point. you look at the circumstances. you don't just look at the teams and say "oh that means nothing", because it's simply not true. an nba team is an nba team. without making that run, the knicks are not in position to make the playoffs right now.

if he's soft, he wouldn't constantly drive to the basket knowing he's going to get hit by guys 3 times his size. a soft player would avoid contact and stay away from the paint and wouldn't get to the foul line the way he does. he takes hit after hit and gets right back up after each one. come on man. get your perspective straight.

Dude i dont even understand your point right now..the kid is soft hes constantly get tossed and hes 200lbs that isnt small pg...your speaking as if you dont need amare and melo right now..are you serious??? This 5 game win streak you guys are on has alot to do with those guys..you need to watch the games and stop listening to skip bayless lol go look up the stats guy..lin got hyped up and you jumped on the bandwagon, now you gettin upset when the truth comes out..hes a decent pg that should probably be coming off the bench still but because of that miracle streak he pulled off with chandler hes still starting..why do get offended when i state my opinion..im suprised you still have him on you banner..do you go to sleep with his jersey on too? Lmao
TRADE BUCKET

(03-23-2012, 05:23 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Dude i dont even understand your point right now..the kid is soft hes constantly get tossed and hes 200lbs that isnt small pg...your speaking as if you dont need amare and melo right now..are you serious??? This 5 game win streak you guys are on has alot to do with those guys..you need to watch the games and stop listening to skip bayless lol go look up the stats guy..lin got hyped up and you jumped on the bandwagon, now you gettin upset when the truth comes out..hes a decent pg that should probably be coming off the bench still but because of that miracle streak he pulled off with chandler hes still starting..why do get offended when i state my opinion..im suprised you still have him on you banner..do you go to sleep with his jersey on too? Lmao
if you don't understand my point about why lin is not "soft", then i don't know what to tell you. you'll get it someday... maybe...

please, don't tell me who needs to watch the games. i haven't missed a single game.

who is speaking as if the knicks don't need melo/amare? did you not read the part that said with all of them clicking on all cylinders they are showing they can be an elite team?

i didn't jump on the "bandwagon" because he was hyped up, i believed in him the moment i saw him perform in his first meaningful game against the nets and wrote about it the same night. if someone was hyping him up, i guess you can add me to that list because i've been saying this guy is real when many others were calling him a "two game wonder" "one week wonder" etc etc.

i've generally avoided these "discussions" or whatever you want to call them in regards to lin, but this is the firsts time i've seen someone actually call him soft so i had to chime in. even his biggest haters and critics would disagree with you on that one.

Ok i guess i have to break this down barney style for you..ive seen mr lin drive to the basket plenty of times run into another player and fall, to me thats soft aka weak..when he drives on his week side its almost a guaranteed that its a fail.if he gets doubled its a turnover, he might as well hand the ball over to whoever is gaurding him...i dont see anything special about him..if you can tell me what the hype is about please fill me in because i can name 20 pgs better than him and not getting the same recognition as he is..if people like yourself didnt praise this guy as much as they did i wouldnt be having this convo right now
TRADE BUCKET

(03-23-2012, 05:54 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Ok i guess i have to break this down barney style for you..ive seen mr lin drive to the basket plenty of times run into another player and fall, to me thats soft aka weak..when he drives on his week side its almost a guaranteed that its a fail.if he gets doubled its a turnover, he might as well hand the ball over to whoever is gaurding him...i dont see anything special about him..if you can tell me what the hype is about please fill me in because i can name 20 pgs better than him and not getting the same recognition as he is..if people like yourself didnt praise this guy as much as they did i wouldnt be having this convo right now

you can believe that there's nothing special about him. you can hate him. you can hate the attention he gets. whatever. there's enough about his game out there for people to judge that for themselves at this point. give me a break about "people like me praising him so much". it's not like i harp about how great he is every day. i compliment and criticize equally. i only chimed in because you were going on yet again about how he sucks, which i wouldn't have bothered to respond to if u didn't call him soft.

it's just shocking to see that someone actually believes he is soft. being physically outmatched is not the definition of soft. a player that fears contact and shies away from big moments and always settles is what you call soft.

whatever though. no point in beating a dead horse. i've said my piece about this issue enough for one day i believe.

Never said he sucked..i said hes a decent pg..stop puttin words in my mouth..ive said he can make shots..you havent said one negative thing about his game because your caught up in the hype..have a nice day sir
TRADE BUCKET

(02-11-2012, 02:39 AM)giants1957 Wrote: maybe hes better than jordan ever was Smile
Blasphemer!

(Just kidding. Don't take it personally.)

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.