`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I want the 90's again

RE: I want the 90's again
I don't know if I want 30 releases a year but I am finding myself going back and picking up 90s inserts again...they are just so more satisfying to get then the newest shiny autographed patch numbered to some super low number..

I have picked up a bunch of A-Rod Flair Legacy inserts and have had no luck at all finding any of the Circa Rave parallels...
[Image: arod.gif]

(12-22-2011, 01:08 AM)mickey871 Wrote: Anyone remember the 97 Score Franchise Glowing cards? I remember trading my Thomas for $25 in trade, and that was a big deal. Fun times.
I remember those. I had the Mike Piazza or Griffey Jr of that set and I traded those when the bv was a lot higher than they are today.

I have been thinking of starting to collect more of the 90s stuff again because I'm getting tired of seeing the same jerseys autos and 1/1s not to mention the insane amount of money a hobby box costs these days for a guaranteed auto of a semi-star at best. What happened to pulling that rare Griffey insert that everyone was after?

There is no creativity into making cards anymore. I always liked the Pinnacle, Pacific, Ultra, and Upper Deck inserts and parallels. They were always so cool looking. Maybe one day Topps will no longer be the only card manufacturer and there will be some competition again.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

I do miss the 90s insertsw. Two things have happen for this. When I got back in the hobby I found out about all the jersey and auto cards. Well my favorite player no longer signs cards due to contract with upper deck and i think I got the coolest auto ever. As for the jersey cards they are starting to have the same problem as the 80s and 90s sets. They being mass produced. That's why all my concentration right now are the Gypsy Queen minis.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Good topic and I must say I strongly agree. You know, now that we are on the subject, Michael Jordan 90's inserts are # 1 out of the top 20 cards listed in the recent issue of Beckett (in the basketball section of course)...

It might not be long before baseball will see the same thing of a certain player. But of course it is MJ though.