`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kansas Race Results

Kansas Race Results
Went to the race yesterday, got Dale Earnhardt Jr's auto on team card, Ryan Newman on team card, and Jeff Gordon auto on an action packed card. Overall not a bad day.... On top of that it was a pretty awesome race. Just thought I would share
Collecting Hall of Fame Players; rookie card, auto, and memorabilia for each member if available
ABC Sportscards online store - http://abcsportscards.mysimplestore.com/

RE: Kansas Race Results
I'm Jealous!!! It was a good race and i can't believe that Carl got a top 5!

Nice IP autos as well
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(10-10-2011, 02:56 PM)hellsbells Wrote: I'm Jealous!!! It was a good race and i can't believe that Carl got a top 5!

Nice IP autos as well
Yeah he was shaky the whole first part of the race, almost lost it on start at the first of the race. Yeah we got lucky with those three right beside each other. WHen I was there in the spring I was able to get Jeff Gordon, Joey Loungo, and Richard Petty. So I have been pretty lucky. Going again hopefully in the spring of 12
Collecting Hall of Fame Players; rookie card, auto, and memorabilia for each member if available

Very cool....I have yet to go to a race yet :-(.....I only live an hour from Gateway, but of course they closed it down and they didn't have an Sprint Cup races there anyway. I guess I should have sucked it up and went to a Nationwide race when I had the chance. I guess technically I live about 3 hrs from Chicagoland and Indy, but I've just never had the extra $.

I'm pulling for Carl to pull off the championship this year.

(10-10-2011, 07:29 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Very cool....I have yet to go to a race yet :-(.....I only live an hour from Gateway, but of course they closed it down and they didn't have an Sprint Cup races there anyway. I guess I should have sucked it up and went to a Nationwide race when I had the chance. I guess technically I live about 3 hrs from Chicagoland and Indy, but I've just never had the extra $.

I'm pulling for Carl to pull off the championship this year.
Chicagoland is about a $300 trip with gas. Gotta go to one, worth every penny.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

You guys make me feel REALLY bad that I haven't been to a NASCAR race. Wink I am about a 2 hr. drive from Charlotte, 1 and a half from Martinsville, 3 hrs. from Darlington, 4 hrs. from Bristol (my 2nd FAV track), 4-5 hrs. from Richmond, 6 hrs. from ATL, 7 hrs. from Talladega (my absolute FAV track)...
I am looking at going to the 2012 All-Star race though! I am planning to use some of my tax return to GO TO a NASCAR race instead of buying a box of NASCAR cards.
I do have a question that you guys can help with:
Should I go to the AS race or the 600 the following week? What would you pick if you had the option?!!! Both races are at the same track--AS on Sat. night OR the 600 on Sunday afternoon the next weekend. Which would you pick?

(10-11-2011, 12:31 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: You guys make me feel REALLY bad that I haven't been to a NASCAR race. Wink I am about a 2 hr. drive from Charlotte, 1 and a half from Martinsville, 3 hrs. from Darlington, 4 hrs. from Bristol (my 2nd FAV track), 4-5 hrs. from Richmond, 6 hrs. from ATL, 7 hrs. from Talladega (my absolute FAV track)...
I am looking at going to the 2012 All-Star race though! I am planning to use some of my tax return to GO TO a NASCAR race instead of buying a box of NASCAR cards.
I do have a question that you guys can help with:
Should I go to the AS race or the 600 the following week? What would you pick if you had the option?!!! Both races are at the same track--AS on Sat. night OR the 600 on Sunday afternoon the next weekend. Which would you pick?
If you are going in the pits which I highly recommend then I would go to the 600, same group of guys that will be at the All Star race but you also have the ones that did not make the All Star as well. So with that being said multiple more chances to get IP autos from guys. Just my thoughts

For those that haven't been - you HAVE to go to a race!!!! It is amazing.

I used to live in Gaffney, SC and Lowes Motor Speedway in Charlotte was an hour away. Went to the October Race in 2006 - sat on the exit of turn 2 and enjoyed it, but paid 80 per seat (Cup series). The next year, I drove up the day of the Busch series race in October, bought a ticket from a scalper for $20 (less than face value) about 20 minutes before the race and was sitting right on the turn 1 corner (looking back down the front stretch and pit road).

The Busch race was just as fun, but much more affordable and less crowded. I rented the scanner and listened to Carls team pretty much the whole race and had a blast.

The first time I went to the track it was for track testing and was amazed at the size of the place, and the noise. Sitting at a stop light (still probably 1/2 mile from the track), with the windows up - and still could hear the engines. When I stepped in the tunnel and into the seat area, Bobby Labonte was on the back stretch and it was loud. When he passed by me near the Start/Finish line, I about wet my pants!! The cars are so loud and are so much faster than they look on tv. Cars look slow on TV and when you get there in person, you get a sense of the speed - you can hardly tell what the cars are as they go past - just a blur.

I am in Sacramento, CA now and Infineon is about 1 hour away, and we saw the Indy car race there last year, but haven't been to a NASCAR event yet - not sure it would be as fun since you can't see the whole track with turns and elevations.

As for Charlotte, I would choose the All-Star race, as the 600 is a LONG day and is usually pretty warm, All-Star race is evening. Also, if budget is a big issue, consider the Nationwide series - cars are just as fun to watch and much more affordable. Also, if you get to the Charlotte area at other times - they have a van tour ($5 a couple of years ago) where they take you around the garage area, tunnels, infield and even take a lap on the track - the van going 70 around that track feels like 150 and feels like it is going to flip over!

Also, many of the big shops (Rousch, Hendricks, etc.) are right there within a couple miles of the track and you can visit the shops and look in the garage area. Gibbs is a few miles up the road in Huntersville.

Also, get there early as there are a ton of vendors and displays from sponsors there. Most of the main car sponsors have some sort of tent/booth set up and lots of show cars. Also, each driver has their own souvenir trailers (big name guys have 4 or 5).

Sorry to go on so long, but as you can tell - I am still pumped up about the experience.... so as I said - if you haven't been....you HAVE to go.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

I appeciate the responses guys, even the 'long' reply Ken. Wink I am still leaning towards the AS race. A real good point about the heat in a night race vs. a LONG day race. As a member of the ONMC, I can get a VIP experience which includes garage and pit tours among other things.
I figure that if I go to the AS race, I can visit the HOF and Museum for a few hours before going to the track. The HOF is farther away, but I'd go by the track way before the traffic gets heavy. I am sure I can find a way to get to the track from there without taking I-85, where traffic before the race will be the heaviest. Also, that race being shorter would make the ride home not so bad. If I went to the 600, I would want a hotel room for the night b/c I wouldn't want to drive a couple of hours after going through the length of that race.

I'd love to hear some more opinions on this!

I havent been to either the as or 600. I did go to the october race one year. Actually we worked the race [concession stand for charity].

Unless the price difference is huge I would go with the cup race. You are not going to get out of the track hardly any earlier with the all star race since it starts later and they take all them useless breaks in between segments. This way if your going to spend the time there you might as well see some real racing.

The HOF I woul suggest doing a different day. It is about a four hour visit if you dont do everything. Its also like 15.00 to park. The shops are closer and free.

Sam bass is normally open during the weekend and signs autographs. RESEARCH RESEARCH you can get a lot done prior to the race if your prepared Monitor facebook and twitter. Also keep twitter on your phone if you can they do tweetups and stuff and you can win things and meet people. Kyle usually leaves items around the track for his followers to find.

ITS an event just get a room and prepare for it. research again figure out the best way home for you and park there no matter how close you can get. The cops will direct you to where they want you leaving from based on your parking area not what is best for you.

CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]