`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Trading? what a joke!

RE: Trading? what a joke!
(07-27-2011, 08:58 PM)nixsfan1188 Wrote: This may have been mentioned already the seller should be required to list a selling price as well keeps all the guess work out of it.
Highly agree.
(07-27-2011, 09:01 PM)dkotart Wrote: Yes, a separate forum for selling would be nice. The problem I see is according to the TOS members are only suppose to have two active trade threads going at a time, so why are sellers allowed to have 4, 5, and 6 sale threads going at one time? I have no problem with members trying to make a little money, but how about leaving a little space on the forum for the trade threads too.
Agreed again.

I'm slowly getting back to being online more regularly...so I'll try to keep closer tabs on them too, which should help.

If you ever want to bring a thread to our attention, the easiest way is to hit the 'report' button and we can take a look.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I agree as I said with what is said. We sellers need our on forum. All I was saying before is its the idiots causing the problem IMO. These damn newbies who come for one thing.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I do both. I sell and trade and when i sell i sell so everyone can afford it. I never "hide" or "disguise" my threads nor do i sell junk. This is a option that beckett has allowed. There is no separate thread for selling so there is only one other obvious choice to sell and that is the trade threads. I do not clog up the forum i only have 1 yes read it 1 post up about selling. I do not sell for any other reason but to get new cards or to pay to ship cards. Most on here have bought from me and i never had a complaint. If someone has a problem instead of crying here write to beckett or a mod. It is threads like these that clog up the forum!!!
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

there is a forum for trading and for box breaks... it would take Beckett 20 min to add a forum for selling... but I am sure it must break a cardinal sin with with the marketplace folks.... last time I post this.. the post was yanked.. so it appears I touch a nerve when I mention how simple it is to add another forum...
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

(07-27-2011, 10:34 PM)mjanooz Wrote: there is a forum for trading and for box breaks... it would take Beckett 20 min to add a forum for selling... but I am sure it must break a cardinal sin with with the marketplace folks.... last time I post this.. the post was yanked.. so it appears I touch a nerve when I mention how simple it is to add another forum...
it's a third party service. it isnt as simple as you suggest

Jacoby i love the photo of your Pops! I have a photo of my uncle like that he served in Nam in 66-68.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

It may well be that Beckett is getting ready to start charging for selling and that will probably remedy most of this onslaught of basic Fee avoidance.

Never really thought it would be wining to try to keep/get Trading Forum for Trading but so be it. Wouldn't it be nice to open the thread and see actual trading going on?

This site has lost so many members and most are not comming back. So I guess the I/ME generation is taking over here as well. No Rules, Logic or Morals, just do as you please as long as you get what you want. Maybe we can blame lack of proper nutrition.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

(07-27-2011, 09:46 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: I agree as I said with what is said. We sellers need our on forum. All I was saying before is its the idiots causing the problem IMO. These damn newbies who come for one thing.
We were all newbies at some point. Sure some have been here longer than others but if you paid for this site then you have just as much right as the next. Why does a new member who pays for the service and comes on to sell is a problem. I mean he isn't breaking the rules. He has the option to trade or sell.As long as he is using the sell folder and puts prices on each item. I'm good. I would have the same trust for someone who just joined as someone who has been here for 10 years. Especially if I've never dealt with them before. I don't think we should get mad at people for posting but take the aggrivation out on the moderators lol. To me it doesn't matter why someone sells something. I would be more annoyed with reading why someone is selling their items. Anyone can leave a sad story to boost a sale. We don't know what is the truth or just bs.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

This cannot be blamed on Newbies (maybe a couple) but they are not the ones clogging the Forum. They do have so great stories to read though. Most are only Newbies in name only, they have probably been here before and are not newcommers to the Hobby. Some are simply scammers looking for an easy target.

I'm not against selling, we all have done it at times. Especially if an item cannot be listed on Beckett. The constant bombardment of some only seeking PP has the appearance of Huckstering and the site doesn't benefit from that kind of activity.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel