Beckett Message Boards
Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? (/thread-915948.html)

Pages: 1 2

Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? - vmarzocca - 12-29-2009

Does anyone know how many different variation cards of Mark Sanchez exist from the 2009 Topps Football set? I have seen four different versions of the card. All 3 are of Mark wearing a helmet. One of them is avail only at target (card 2 of 5)...the other two that I've seen which I'm confused about are him dropping back in the pocket about to release a pass, legs apart with his helmet on and the other is of him legs closer together about to throw a pass. Which one is the true variation card that books for $40-$80? Thanks for your help.

Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? - robbiebear76 - 12-29-2009

The one with his helmet is the SP variation.<br />

Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? - vmarzocca - 12-29-2009

I know that, but there are two of them out there. How can you tell which one is the SP variation or are they both?

Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? - billcrackers - 12-29-2009

The one where he isn't blowing a lead is the SP. It's very rare. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? - wisconsinboy42 - 12-29-2009

billcrackers Wrote:The one where he isn't blowing a lead is the SP. It's very rare. Sorry, couldn't resist.
<br />
ahaha nice one!<br />

Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? - ginge01 - 12-30-2009

Hi, hope you are a fellow Jets and Sanchez fan.<br />
The SP parallel version in packs is a mostly side picture, in the act of throwing, you can see the #6 on the front of his jersey clearly.<br />
The #440 parallel in the Topps factory set has Sanchez holding the football in both hands above his chest, the #6 on the front of the jersey is half hidden, the green 6 on his left arm appears to be pointing at the camera.<br />
<br />
The target version, #2 of 5 is at a guess, a Jets preseason game, but it is a game in the Meadowlands, Sanchez is throwing behind his offensive line.<br />
<br />
Hope that is the clarity you need.

Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? - vmarzocca - 12-30-2009

Great info, Thanks. I'm a Sanchez fan...not a Jets fan though. Good luck this week, they should be fired up for this one and Cincy may bench their skilled position guys early. I bleed big blue by the way.

Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? - ginge01 - 01-01-2010

Big Blue fan and a Sanchez fan, it helps they are in a different conference so they play every 4th year and you don't have those awkward days when yo don't know who to cheer for, your team or an opposing player.<br />
I have always liked to see the Giants do well also, never lived in N.Y. so that makes it easier.<br />
I have seen the Giants play in 4 Super Bowls since I started following the Jets in 1982 when they made it to the AFC Championship game, losing in Miami.<br />
Since 1982, 1 additional AFC Championship game with ex Giants Head Coach Bill Parcells leading the Jets with Bill Belichick as his defensive co-ordinator. Great coaching staff but fell flat in the 2nd half in Denver who then beat Atlanta in the Super Bowl. <br />
<br />
I wish my franchise, hopefully with Mark 'Sanchise' Sanchez could make a Super Bowl so I could at least experience one as a fan, of course I would also want a Super Bowl win.<br />
<br />
It would be nice to be able to buy Jets Super Bowl cards the following year, in this decade being a collectors of Patriots or Steelers Super Bowl cards, even a Peyton or Eli Manning Topps Super Bowl cards must have been a thrill as a team collector.<br />
<br />
My wish for the next decade, to be happily collecting cards and to have a Jets Super Bowl card.<br />
<br />
Happy New Year, to all other card collectors, especially the loyal team collectors like me.

Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? - vmarzocca - 01-11-2010

Mark Sanchise just may grant you your wish??? I think they can handle SD and the Sanchise will be pumped to be playing back in SoCal. Good luck...I got em at 40 to 1 to win it all - long shot, I know but I couldn't resist.

Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B????? - gottabe - 01-11-2010

GINGE01 Wrote:Hi, hope you are a fellow Jets and Sanchez fan.<br />
The SP parallel version in packs is a mostly side picture, in the act of throwing, you can see the #6 on the front of his jersey clearly.<br />
The #440 parallel in the Topps factory set has Sanchez holding the football in both hands above his chest, the #6 on the front of the jersey is half hidden, the green 6 on his left arm appears to be pointing at the camera.<br />
<br />
The target version, #2 of 5 is at a guess, a Jets preseason game, but it is a game in the Meadowlands, Sanchez is throwing behind his offensive line.<br />
<br />
Hope that is the clarity you need.
<br />
<br />
<br />
So is this the SP version<br />
[Image: sanchez1.jpg]