Beckett Message Boards
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor (/thread-811988.html)

Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor - ddallen128 - 11-09-2009 03:47 PM

who and what year did the 1933 goudey babe ruth and lou gerhig get reprinted ?

Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor - 011873 - 11-10-2009 09:11 PM

danieldfolk Wrote:<span style="line-height: 15px; border-collapse: collapse; font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px">I am trying to catalogue my cards and I have a 2000 topps question I'm hoping you can help me with. What is the difference betweeen 2000 topps basic, topps chrome, and topps chrome refractor cards? I have cards with a shiny/metallic look and wasn't sure which is which.</span>
<br />
<br />
<br />
Im not Chris but Ill handle this one.<br />
Basic Topps is just that, plain old Topps (about 10 cards a pack for $2). Itll read "Topps" on the card front.<br />
<br />
Topps Chrome is nearly a higher end parallel of the basic Topps set. Four cards a pack for $3 srp. You cant get Topps Chrome cards in basic Topps packs in 2000. Chrome cards read "Topps Chrome" on the card front.<br />
<br />
Refractors are parallels of Topps Chrome cards, only being found a couple per Hobby box (back in 2000). The backs MAY show an "R" or "Refractor" next to the card number. These cards have a rainbow shine to them especially when they are near a bright light.

Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor - cialitos - 11-10-2009 10:01 PM

I don't know if you have the Mantle's 1994 Phone cards but if you need them I have about seven or eight of them.

Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor - cialitos - 11-11-2009 02:48 PM

Mickey7Mantle7 Wrote:Chris...is there a way to delete multiple trade offers instead on canceling one at a time, only to be re-routed to the inbox and starting all over? Takes way too long. <br />
<br />
Thanks.
<br />
<br />
Do you need any of the 1994 Phone cards of Mantle? I have seven or eight of them.

Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor - Mintacular - 11-11-2009 09:59 PM

Could you contact the webmaster and ask him to start fixing the 1 million problems with this site? Also, could you eliminate the top 6 permanent threads by Beckett staff? Thanks, Pat

Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor - ricelynnevans75 - 11-13-2009 05:37 PM

Mintacular Wrote:Could you contact the webmaster and ask him to start fixing the 1 million problems with this site? Also, could you eliminate the top 6 permanent threads by Beckett staff? Thanks, Pat
<br />
<br />
Well, the editor has only posted in this thread once in just over two weeks so I think the point of this thread is broken along with the rest of the site.<br />

Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor - shlages - 11-14-2009 12:19 AM

i have a question on the rarity of a card i just pulled from topps ticket to stardom... its a 1/1 original ticket from an AMERICAN event in pop culture, The Inauguration of the President &amp; Vice President &amp; if you think there is a market for this card?<br />
<br />
ok obviously its rare being a 1/1 i meant what's the ratio of packs to pull one of these.

Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor - shlages - 11-14-2009 12:31 AM

ok obviously its rare being a 1/1 i meant what's the ratio of packs to pull one of these.

Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor - chrisolds - 11-15-2009 09:41 AM

shlages Wrote:i have a question on the rarity of a card i just pulled from topps ticket to stardom... its a 1/1 original ticket from an AMERICAN event in pop culture, The Inauguration of the President &amp; Vice President &amp; if you think there is a market for this card?<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
The odds for the stubs are on the packaging. They are 1:190 packs -- one per case. However, there do appear to be instances where the same stub is included more than once.<br />

Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor - chrisolds - 11-15-2009 09:42 AM

If you read the original post, this thread is not for trading/site/tech/subs questions.<br />
Subscription services -- <a href="mailto:subscriptions@beckett.com">subscriptions@beckett.com</a><br />
Site --&nbsp; <a href="mailto:webmaster@beckett.com">webmaster@beckett.com</a><br />
For general customer service -- <a href="mailto:customerservice@beckett.com">customerservice@beckett.com</a><br />