Beckett Message Boards
My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection (/thread-776256.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - ricky williams 34 - 08-23-2009

I've decided to expand my collection to include all players from both my alma mater, The University of Connecticut (UConn) & The University of Texas. It's been a fun little side project for me and I thought you all (y'all!) might like to see how it's going. <br />

I am always adding to the collection, but am trying to focus on the college jersey cards rather than the NFL jerseys as much as possible. And to everyone who has traded with me or sent me freebies to help make this happen--THANK YOU! <br />

As my two favorites to date say below... GO HUSKIES! & HOOK'EM HORNS!<br />

[Image: img152.jpg]<br />

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - ricky williams 34 - 08-23-2009

&lt;font color=blue&gt;&lt;b&gt;Since I went to UConn for my undergrad, it only seems appropriate to put those cards up first! There aren't many options as UConn football was the only sport not at the D-1A classification (or whatever they call it now.) They moved to D-1 in 2002. We'll go alphabetically...<br />
<br />
Almost there! Only one letter left...<br />
[Image: img146.jpg]<br />
<br />
[Image: img147.jpg]<br />
<br />
[Image: img148.jpg]<br />
<br />
[Image: img149.jpg]<br />
<br />
This is an oversized 8x10. It was handed out at the National with a print run /25.<br />
[Image: img101.jpg]<br />
&lt;/font color=blue&gt;&lt;/b&gt;<br />

&lt;font color=blue&gt;&lt;b&gt;Thankfully Darius doesn't have as many cards!! LOL&lt;/font color=blue&gt;&lt;/b&gt;<br />
<br />
[Image: img150.jpg]<br />

&lt;font color=blue&gt;&lt;b&gt;Who? Keron Henry? Smile&nbsp; And how about the 2nd guy there? I'm so glad I didn't have to spend high dollar for his rookies when he first came out!&lt;/font color=blue&gt;&lt;/b&gt;<br />
[Image: img151.jpg]

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - slick4hire - 08-24-2009

Very nice!&nbsp; I just moved to within an hour of UConn about 3 months ago.&nbsp; Kinda tough up here being a Mountaineer fan, except during football season, because winning makes everything alright...<br />
<br />
:-D<br />

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - ricky williams 34 - 08-24-2009

slick4hire Wrote:Very nice!&nbsp; I just moved to within an hour of UConn about 3 months ago.&nbsp; Kinda tough up here being a Mountaineer fan, except during football season, because winning makes everything alright...<br />
:-D
<br />
No worries, we all know UConn isn't known for football... Wink<br />

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - ricky williams 34 - 08-24-2009

&lt;font color=orange&gt;&lt;b&gt;I got my master's degree from Texas at the time Ricky was there, so that's what started my primary collection. It's been fun adding to the list!<br />
<br />
[Image: img109.jpg]<br />
<br />
The Elite's are duals with Jamaal Charles. They'll show up in his stuff coming up soon. &lt;/font color=orange&gt;&lt;/b&gt;<br />
[Image: img110.jpg]<br />
<br />

&lt;font color=orange&gt;&lt;b&gt;One of the best! And the first Heisman winner at UT...The Tyler Rose.<br />
<br />
[Image: img111.jpg]<br />
<br />
[Image: img112.jpg]<br />
<br />
Enjoy! More tomorrow!&lt;/font color=orange&gt;&lt;/b&gt;

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - slick4hire - 08-24-2009

Ricky Williams 34 Wrote:
slick4hire Wrote:Very nice!&nbsp; I just moved to within an hour of UConn about 3 months ago.&nbsp; Kinda tough up here being a Mountaineer fan, except during football season, because winning makes everything alright...<br />
:-D
<br />
No worries, we all know UConn isn't known for football... Wink<br />
<br />
<br />
I am sure I will not be smiling nearly as much during basketball season...&nbsp; lol&nbsp; Again, nice collection!<br />

My UConn Huskies and Texas Longhorns Alma Mater Collection - dublup - 08-24-2009

WOW!!! Very nice cards there!!!! Theres a VY thats gonna look nice in there Wink