Beckett Message Boards
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett (/thread-569169.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - ginge01 - 06-01-2014

Can anyone help me with this set, I've been meaning to upload this post for months, finally got around to doing it.

2012 Panini Signatures.

It is an insert set in 2012 Panini Gridiron, possibly(probably??) other Panini products. It looks like Panini did an autograph dump, Gridiron has autos to be pulled (they are non rookie players who were past their prime or not going to break out as stars in almost all cases (Colin Kaepernick is the exception, at that time a 2nd year pro who had not exploded onto the NFL when the cards were probably collated and released),

The set is numbered from 1 to 100, Beckett lists 52 different players, there are cards in the 90's and a card #100 so a lot of gaps in the checklist.

I have shown below the Jets players I know of, with the back scanned also,
01 Aaron Maybin
09 Bilal Powell
43 Joe McKnight
71 Nick Folk
74 Patrick Turner
12 Braylon Edwards
[Image: 2012JetsPaniniSignature.jpg]
[Image: 2012JetsPaniniSignatureback.jpg]

I claim Braylon Edwards as a Jet, he played for the Seahawks and Jets in 2012, he was last a Cleveland Brown in 2009 so a curious Panini decision. His base 2012 Panini Gridiron has him in a Seahawks uni from the preseason so why not give him a Seahawks auto?

The reason I wrote this post, 74 Patrick Turner.
He is not in the official checklist, so does anyone know of other cards that Panini released that are not officially listed, any of them Jets??

The other reason I posted, I like this insert set as a Jets collector because of the following,
01 Aaron Maybin, his one and only Jets card and it's an auto, probably from his 2009 rookie auto stock (yes, I'm a cynic, the sticker has 58, his Buffalo Bills number), his first pro card since 2009. He wore 51 for the Jets.

71 Nick Folk, his only Jets auto so far, (from his 2007 rookie auto stock??)

74 Patrick Turner, his one and only Jets card and it's an auto, probably from his 2009 rookie auto stock, his first pro card since 2009 (didn't I just write something like that above??)

These three autos above make it cool for a Jets collector

43 Joe McKnight and 09 Bilal Powell feel like an auto dump, McKnight with a 3rd year player, Powell with a 2nd year player that only a Jets fan or a builder of this set would want these autos.

Can anyone help with more information on this set??

Beckett, please add 74 Patrick Turner to your checklist.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - mbostick - 06-14-2014

I found this card in a cheap auto lot a few years ago, I guess it fits here. Not sure it was packed pulled or bankruptcy sale item, but the seller I got it from, didn't seem to think it was anything.

[Image: 2001PacificDynagon132GaryBaxter1a.jpg][Image: 2001PacificDynagon132GaryBaxter1b.jpg]

[Image: 2001PacificDynagon132GaryBaxter1c.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - twisty571 - 06-14-2014

[Image: MatthewStafford2009PaniniNFLDraftAuto_zps327ba0e4.jpg]
couple more pics...
[Image: d10bd0d4-c976-4690-b4ec-b5919376ad81_zpsfa12dc66.jpg][Image: d09e9e54-11e5-42ac-b94d-2be194e02ae5_zpsb1c71793.jpg]

[Image: 6a829c51-6a89-46aa-9dc1-f5f9f9cd7c89_zps7b2c0ad8.jpg]
[Image: c091670e-3d25-4428-8877-bf6cf689ed90_zpsb2f15130.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 06-15-2014

I want to respond to everyone here who has posted since my last one on this thread months ago. I have been super busy as of late (I will spare you the boring details) and hopefully things will settle down soon for me. Thanks for your submissions everyone.
(05-02-2014, 08:11 PM)lennox p Wrote: here is what i found out today

listed by beckett:

1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Triple Threat TT5 Keyshawn Johnson / Wayne Chrebet / Curtis Martin
1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Triple Threat Red TT5 10 Keyshawn Johnson / Wayne Chrebet / Curtis Martin/10

not listed by beckett but keyshawn johnson is on the back of the card! check for your players guys. i added and edited the text to my have/wantlist:

1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Triple Threat Red TT25 63 Wayne Chrebet / Curtis Martin / Keyshawn Johnson/63
1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Triple Threat Red TT45 60 Curtis Martin / Keyshawn Johnson / Wayne Chrebet/60

this is how the cards are listed original by beckett

1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Triple Threat TT5 Keyshawn Johnson / Wayne Chrebet / Curtis Martin
1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Triple Threat Red TT5 Keyshawn Johnson/10
1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Triple Threat Red TT25 Wayne Chrebet/63
1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Triple Threat Red TT45 Curtis Martin/60
You are correct. There are four versions instead of just two that are listed for each OPG player checklist who appear in this insert set. Technically though, the other two cards are listed in the OPG, just not under the player name checklist. I also believe each player is shown on the front of all four cards, not just the back. Henceforth, all four versions should be listed under the OPG checklist of every player that is featured. I think I remember discussing this in a thread years ago which apparently has since been deleted.

(05-03-2014, 11:48 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: I have the Barry Bonds national phone card somewhere, if it helps I'll run it down. The National set came with one phone card... if I remember correctly the Bonds isn't even listed.
Actually I have just compiled a list of other phone cards from the National which are not listed (see post 293 - I updated it) and each are now posted. The Bonds that you are referencing is among those so you are correct.

(06-01-2014, 04:54 PM)ginge01 Wrote: Can anyone help me with this set, I've been meaning to upload this post for months, finally got around to doing it.

2012 Panini Signatures.

It is an insert set in 2012 Panini Gridiron, possibly(probably??) other Panini products. It looks like Panini did an autograph dump, Gridiron has autos to be pulled (they are non rookie players who were past their prime or not going to break out as stars in almost all cases (Colin Kaepernick is the exception, at that time a 2nd year pro who had not exploded onto the NFL when the cards were probably collated and released),

The set is numbered from 1 to 100, Beckett lists 52 different players, there are cards in the 90's and a card #100 so a lot of gaps in the checklist.

I have shown below the Jets players I know of, with the back scanned also,
01 Aaron Maybin
09 Bilal Powell
43 Joe McKnight
71 Nick Folk
74 Patrick Turner
12 Braylon Edwards

I claim Braylon Edwards as a Jet, he played for the Seahawks and Jets in 2012, he was last a Cleveland Brown in 2009 so a curious Panini decision. His base 2012 Panini Gridiron has him in a Seahawks uni from the preseason so why not give him a Seahawks auto?

The reason I wrote this post, 74 Patrick Turner.
He is not in the official checklist, so does anyone know of other cards that Panini released that are not officially listed, any of them Jets??

The other reason I posted, I like this insert set as a Jets collector because of the following,
01 Aaron Maybin, his one and only Jets card and it's an auto, probably from his 2009 rookie auto stock (yes, I'm a cynic, the sticker has 58, his Buffalo Bills number), his first pro card since 2009. He wore 51 for the Jets.

71 Nick Folk, his only Jets auto so far, (from his 2007 rookie auto stock??)

74 Patrick Turner, his one and only Jets card and it's an auto, probably from his 2009 rookie auto stock, his first pro card since 2009 (didn't I just write something like that above??)

These three autos above make it cool for a Jets collector

43 Joe McKnight and 09 Bilal Powell feel like an auto dump, McKnight with a 3rd year player, Powell with a 2nd year player that only a Jets fan or a builder of this set would want these autos.

Can anyone help with more information on this set??

Beckett, please add 74 Patrick Turner to your checklist.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets
The Patrick Turner omission is a good catch. Anyone else have any additional information on other omissions from the set?

That Maybin is the only card of him not from his rookie year, and perhaps his last. He should have stayed in school for another year. Your explanation clarifies why "58" is written in his signature as well.

(06-14-2014, 09:45 AM)mbostick Wrote: I found this card in a cheap auto lot a few years ago, I guess it fits here. Not sure it was packed pulled or bankruptcy sale item, but the seller I got it from, didn't seem to think it was anything.
This is another good catch. Bankruptcy sale or not, in this case the card should definitely be listed.

(06-14-2014, 04:24 PM)twisty571 Wrote: [Image: MatthewStafford2009PaniniNFLDraftAuto_zps327ba0e4.jpg]
Hmm, I wonder how these were distributed. It appears that if multiple ones were manufactured of Stafford, and other draftees from that year if in existence, then all were graded by Beckett beforehand. It is clearly a Panini item meaning it was manufactured by one of the legitimate companies as well. This appears to be an item that should be listed in the OPG.

Oh yeah, I found another complete 2001 Score team sheet:
[Image: _5720_zps87d296e2.jpg]
The one in the corner is Michael Strahan. We can now confirm who is featured in the Jaguars, Jets and now the Giants sets.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - Harv72b - 06-29-2014

2014 Panini Hot Rookies omissions based on cards sitting in front of me:

-2014 Panini Hot Rookies Rookie Signatures Black #372 Jace Amaro /15
-2014 Panini Hot Rookies Franchise Fabrics Autographs #FFBO Brock Osweiler*
-2014 Panini Hot Rookies Franchise Fabrics Autographs #FFDW Delanie Walker*
-2014 Panini Hot Rookies Scorecard #291 Anquan Boldin**
-2014 Panini Hot Rookies Scorecard #404 Marion Grice**

* As far as I can tell, this entire insert set is missing. Note that it is separate from the Future Franchise Fabrics insert set, which is listed.
** Again, as far as I can tell the Scorecard parallels are not listed for any of the "Hot 100" or rookie subsets. Both are #d /99.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - mbostick - 07-02-2014

Here is one I have had for a while and have not ever heard of anyone noting.

Cleo had all the big licenses and made valentine cards for every popular kid move/theme there was. I am sure most of you remember and have some of these cards still.

I picked up this one time for my Steve Young collection. Its a 1998 Cleo "Valentine Bonus Pack" which includes among other things, a kind neat rolling stamper that can makes a football field pattern with a helmet, perhaps the qbc logo, every so often.

[Image: 1998-Cleo-Pack-1a_zps0cf439f7.jpg]

Compared to the regular 1998 Cleo cards, these are a slightly different size, the image was placed on the card different, and the cleo cards from the regular boxes, came in panels with 4 (or 8) I cant remember for sure now, although it was likely just different depending on theme and box, but all were always in panel with multiple cards, 4 or more. The cards here come in panels of two. They are clearly different hand in hand.

Beckett does recognize the regular 1998 Cleo football valentine card set, but not this version. Without opening it, I have no ideal if the same players are present....and I am not opening it...sorry. Marino and McNair have cards showing on the back side.

In a side note, I also recognize two 1996 Steve Young Cleo cards. It was double printed on the sheets and comes in two different perforation spots, with the border a little different on one side of one. I imagine Beckett should not recognize this one as being different.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - jaderock - 07-03-2014

(07-02-2014, 09:46 PM)mbostick Wrote: Its a 1998 Cleo "Valentine Bonus Pack"

Very interesting as I've never seen this before...rip it open Tongue Hehe!

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 07-04-2014

[Image: 1998-Cleo-Pack-1a_zps0cf439f7.jpg]

Thanks for sharing this. I never was aware that an alternative version of these valentines existed. I cannot personally verify if there is a contrast in size or print with the valentines shown in this package and the ones which I know were distributed in a box since neither are in front of me to make a side to side comparison, but if you state that there is indeed a difference between the two than I believe you. If that be the case than I think both versions should be OPG listed.

There were eight QBs in the set which were distributed in the boxes and I am inclined to believe that within that shown package that the same 8 QBs are featured as well (40 valentines-5 multiples of each QB).

Also, it can be clearly seen that player and team mini stickers are within the package as well which is consistent with the other boxed valentines. I can also verify that the player stickers from both the shown package and boxed ones are slightly different too. Curiously though, I only see six players represented and the sheet appears to have the same player on it more than once. Perhaps the other two QBs are also featured on stickers as well within the plastic package somewhere?

On a side note if you go to page 1 you will find that these valentines (the boxed ones) were listed by me on one of my very first posts of the thread. Since then both the 1998 and 1997 ones have since been loaded in to the OPG by the Beckett staff. The 1997 wiundow clings have been added as well but not the aforementioned stickers and I think those should be.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - no1dolphan - 07-04-2014

I have opened that thing up before because I'm looking at that silly stamper deal on my desk right now... I will try to run down the cards because I wasn't aware of a difference. They're all in the "to separate from one another" area so it may be a while.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - mbostick - 07-04-2014

My normal 1998 Cleo here has browned a little, it should be jet white also. The font of the player name is slight different also. Also the copyright, the 1998 normal has a 1999 copyright, perhaps there are two normal Cleo copyright versions?. (I tried to produce a meteorite calendar once, and the problem with calenders/cards and selling to the mass market, the ones in the store...were bought over a year in most case. So off copyright years is common.)

I was wondering on the stickers. If memory serves me correct, the players did not all match perfectly from the boxes, I think not all qbs have stickers...but maybe it was the other way around. I suppose they should be listed as I have or had? quite a few Steve Youngs I had gotten from collections, meaning people did save them with their cards. No reason not to label them.

[Image: 1998-Cleo-Pack-1b_zps6c6f6ad7.jpg]
I have several others if I can think of all of them, it's been a while since I have messed with my Young stuff.

Okay, how about this one.....Beckett does list the 1996 Highland Mint Coins, but I am not aware of listed variation....here are a couple Steve Young Bronze. Note, one of them, has one of the 90s era NFL properties holograms, and one box does not.

[Image: 1996HighlandMintSteveYoungBronze01b.jpg]

The coin backs are different also...
[Image: 1996HighlandMintSteveYoungBronze01c.jpg]

I also sold a 1996 Jerry Rice, issued in the three coin set with Young and Montana, and believe it was a variation coin also. It had updated stats.