Beckett Message Boards
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett (/thread-569169.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - jaderock - 02-15-2010

nittany13 Wrote:<br />
Also you said there is a parallel set which is foil (like the Favre), am I getting that right?<br />
<br />
No, #1-6 are SHORT PRINTED foil cards, the rest are just glossy. These were released nationwide.<br />
<br />
That said, I have two different Brunell Upper Deck Minis which are from TWO different 48 card sets.<br />
<br />
Here's the two minis I have:<br />
[Image: brunell2.jpg]<br />
<br />
The second mini is the one on the RIGHT<br />
[Image: brunelludfront.jpg]<br />
[Image: brunelludback.jpg]<br />
<br />
<br />

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - jaderock - 02-15-2010

fnorth Wrote:<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Any help finding this would be GREATLY appreciated.</p><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Thanks!</p><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"> </p><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">FRONT</p><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">[Image: SSf.jpg]</p><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"> </p>
<br />
The Colorado seller would be the only person that would have knowledge of the availability of these...he sold/sells a ton of these Collector's Edge oddball items.

joeclifton Wrote:<br />
I am positive these where not 1/1's I have 3 24kt gold coins from this set of Jeff Blake and about 4 or 5 of the others. As a matter of fact the gold coins where plated over another metal and where searchable with a metal ditecter. I remember getting kicked out of wal mart as a kid for taking a metal detecter off the display in the garden section and waving over the card display.<br />
<br />
Ummm...in order of scarcity: there were brass (often mistaken as gold), nickel (mistaken as silver), gold plated (the one you're thinking of), brass Artist Proof (AP) #/500, Nickel AP (#/250), gold AP #/100, Solid Silver and SOLID GOLD aka 24KT Gold.<br />
<br />
Hope that clears up some of the confusion.<br />
<br />
You must've been busy at Wal Mart :LOL: ...the odds of said 24KT Gold coins were: <br />
[Image: odds.jpg]<br />
<br />

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 02-16-2010

jaderock Wrote:
joeclifton Wrote:<br />
I am positive these where not 1/1's I have 3 24kt gold coins from this set of Jeff Blake and about 4 or 5 of the others. As a matter of fact the gold coins where plated over another metal and where searchable with a metal ditecter. I remember getting kicked out of wal mart as a kid for taking a metal detecter off the display in the garden section and waving over the card display.<br />
<br />
Ummm...in order of scarcity: there were brass (often mistaken as gold), nickel (mistaken as silver), gold plated (the one you're thinking of), brass Artist Proof (AP) #/500, Nickel AP (#/250), gold AP #/100, Solid Silver and SOLID GOLD aka 24KT Gold.<br />
<br />
Hope that clears up some of the confusion.<br />
<br />
You must've been busy at Wal Mart :LOL: ...the odds of said 24KT Gold coins were: <br />
[Image: odds.jpg]<br />
<br />
<br />
Jaderock, pardon me for correcting you but I think that you are describing the 1997 Pinnacle Mint Coin set and not the 1998 one. The 1998 set only had the brass, silver and the featured (and unaccounted for) 24KT Gold coin (shown above) versions (unless you know something else that I don't which is feasible). However I do believe you when you state that the 1998 Bledsoe and Marino 24 KT Gold coins, among the other 24 KT gold versions in the set, are 1/1s.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
BTW I am not excusing your pack searching behavior joeclifton, but I must admit that metal detector story is hilarious Smile.<br />

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 02-16-2010

jaderock Wrote:
Also you said there is a parallel set which is foil (like the Favre), am I getting that right?<br />
<br />
No, #1-6 are SHORT PRINTED foil cards, the rest are just glossy. These were released nationwide.
<br />
I understand now, there is a 1996 mini set AND a 1997 one as well. It's just odd that I have never stumbled across them before. These must have been inserts in specially marked Upper Deck packs.<br />
<br />
Thanks for answering my question. Smile<br />

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - htoutlaws - 02-16-2010

Great thread guys!

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - ginge01 - 03-08-2010

1997 Finest<br />
I have scanned three variations of 1997 Finest cards.<br />
I have 5 variations of the 1997 Finest Gold cards, the base card with protective peel 1:24, the parallel Gold Refractor with peel 1:288. They do not have atomic finishes, they are not diecut, I have not scanned them.<br />
There are three other versions of all the Golds, I have scanned 3 different players, #338 Jim Druckenmiller, #340 Brett Favre &amp; #346 Jeff Blake.<br />
<br />
The first Favre card is listed in Beckett, the Embossed parallel 1:96, all Gold Embossed cards are diecut.<br />
The third Favre card is the listed Embossed Refractor parallel, 1:1152, yes one thousand one hundred and fifty two packs, not a typo, all Gold Embossed Refractor cards are supposed to be diecut. There are 25 Gold cards in series I, 25 in series II.<br />
The middle card is unlisted in Beckett, it has the atomic refractor effect of the Embossed Refractor but it is not embossed and it is not diecut.<br />
I first started seeing them appear around 2000, some dealers had all 50 Gold non embossed non diecuts, one dealer on Beckett was selling 3 of each card. Is this an official card or was it surplus stock that was released by Topps?? Is Beckett going to recognize the non embossed non diecut parallel.<br />
<br />
Why did I chose those 3 players??<br />
I have all 350 1997 Finest base cards, all 350 base refractor cards, all 100 Silver Embossed, all 100 Silver Embossed Refractors, all 50 Gold Embossed, all 50 Gold Non Embossed Non diecut.<br />
I selected the Brett Favre three cards for reference.<br />
I have been trying since Thanksgiving 2000 to complete the Gold Embossed Refractor set, I have 48 of them, I am still trying to find the Jim Druckenmiller (once worth $200) and Jeff Blake to finish the set. Can anybody help me on why these cards are not listed, also help me to locate one or both of the cards, I want to complete this set. <br />
[Image: 1997Finest.jpg]

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - ginge01 - 03-31-2010

Card 2 is an unnumbered 1995-96 Classic Five Sport Signings Classic Signings Autograph which is also hand numbered to 225 and has a stamp in the lower right. By all accounts this one should be listed, it used to be even listed in the Beckett annual price guide.<br />
<br />
Card 4 is an oddity (fake?). This one is different with the grouping of logos on the back bottom accompanied with diffrent type set.<br />
[Image: scan0003.jpg]<br />
[Image: scan0004.jpg]<br />
<br />
<br />
I have been trying to figure these autos out, I reread old Beckett Football Card Price Guides, I think I have solved these 4 above, I hope you see this and comment on it. <br />
I am using Beckett Football Card Price Guide #20 the 2003-04 Edition.<br />
Card 1 is a 1995 Classic Five-Sport autograph, (the guide says the back will carry a 'Congratulations' message stating that it is an autographed 1995 Five Sport Autograph Edition.<br />
<br />
Card 4 is I believe a 1996 Classic Signings autograph, the Beckett 20 Price Guide refers to a Classic Signings in the 1995 Classic Five-Sport Autographs. My guess, the only way to tell the 1995 Five-Sport auto from the 1996 Classic Signings auto is the back of the card is different. The Beckett 20 Price Guide also says 'A Classic 'Signings' version of some cards was produced and inserted at the rate of one per Classic Signings pack'.<br />
<br />
Card 2 is listed in Beckett 20 Price Guide as 1995 Classic Five-Sport Autographs Classic Signings/225. It states 'these cards, which parallel the Classic Signings insert set, can be differentiated from the regular cards as they are all printed to a stated print run of 225 serial numbered sets'.<br />
To make Card 2 different in 1996 Classic Signings from the base auto, I am guessing that Classic used 1995 Classic Five-Sport Autograph cards, the backs of the card match, to also prevent inscrupulous people faking #ed to 225 cards with a pen, the bottom right of the card is embossed with a Classic logo and the words Classic Certified. The only card of the 4 which was embossed.<br />
<br />
Card 3 is correctly identified as a Classic Five-Sport Hot Box Autograph. <br />
What is confusing is it has the same back as card 4 which I am guessing was a 1996 Classic Signing auto. Were the Hot Boxes in 1995 Classic Five-Sport or 1996 Classic Signings?? I assume only 1995 Classic Five-Sport.<br />
I don't know if anyone can prove that unless they worked for Classic back then.<br />
If Card 4 is from 1996 Classic Signings, there is nothing to stop anybody amending Kerry Collins and Steve McNair to appear to be Hot Box cards, just be adding a number on the back.<br />
<br />
You appear to have successfully found all 4 versions of the autos. I have 2 versions for my Jets players. I know there are no Hot Box autos, well according to the Price Guide there aren't any Jets Hot box cards. I have no idea of proving in there were sny Jets players auto inserts in 1996 Classic Signings. I cannot tell from the scan of your Kerry Collins cards if card 3 &amp; 4 are dated 1995 or 1996.<br />
<br />
I have the Kyle Brady and Hugh Douglas regular 1995 Classic Five Sport Autographs. The cards are shown below. I also have the 1995 Classic Five-Sport Classic Signings. The Classic certified seal can be seen on the #ed to /225 auto cards. I hope this section is restored to the annual guide and expanded for these two cards.<br />
<br />
[Image: 5Sportautos.jpg]

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - bakerman8419 - 03-31-2010

First I want to say how in the hell do you guys know this much stuff??? I thought I knew a lot about cards but apparently I know nothing compared to some of the people who posted. Im in awe!!!<br />
<br />
Secondly, have Beckett contacted anyone who posted on this thread? Or has anyone contacted Beckett? I really think there needs to be a direct line of communication on this matter. Id do it myself but honestly I would have no clue of what Im saying.<br />
<br />
Lastly, like someone suggested above I think Beckett should put these cards in the OPG and put N/A for pricing just to show they exist.

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - ginge01 - 03-31-2010

Bakerman8419 Wrote:First I want to say how in the hell do you guys know this much stuff??? I thought I knew a lot about cards but apparently I know nothing compared to some of the people who posted. Im in awe!!!<br />
<br />
Secondly, have Beckett contacted anyone who posted on this thread? Or has anyone contacted Beckett? I really think there needs to be a direct line of communication on this matter. Id do it myself but honestly I would have no clue of what Im saying.<br />
<br />
Lastly, like someone suggested above I think Beckett should put these cards in the OPG and put N/A for pricing just to show they exist.
<br />
<br />
Quick reply<br />
1st part, I'm a card nerd<br />
<br />
2nd part, I spoke to Dan Hitt once, he said send comments in about missing cards, I did, I assumed that without a reply from him that it never got looked at, I don't know, I sometimes think that card collectors view their hobby a lot more intensely than somebody working in the industry, whether at the card company or Beckett, we are the ones spending our money, opening packs, boxes, cases, buying through the secondary market.