Beckett Message Boards
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett (/thread-569169.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 01-22-2010

*UPDATE - These 33 gold coins are now OPG listed.

1998 Pinnacle Mint Coins Gold<br />
<br />
Apparently there is a gold parallel to these coins that are not accounted for in the OPG. I am not sure if these are "one of ones" though.<br />
[Image: 98_FB_Solid20Gold_041.jpg]

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 02-10-2010

*UPDATE - Check out page 29, post 290 - I go in to more detail. Some of these have been added but not all of them. I explain what is missing.

1998 Playoff Contenders 1/1 Proof Sets<br />
[Image: BZCCCwBGkKGrHgoH-CIEjlLl0nU1BKksmnN.jpg]<br />
These are 1 of 1 serial numbered cards that I believe were distributed at that year's national card show convention. I have only seen versions of these for the Playoff Contenders brand, but that doesn't mean that similar Proof sets exist for other Playoff brands coming out that year (I doubt it though). I am not sure that every main and insert set for the 1998 Playoff Contenders had a Proof Set version, although I am inclined they do exist, but these I at least can confirm:<br />
-Tickets (shown above)<br />
-Pennants<br />
-Checklist Jumbos <br />
<br />
I think I remember seeing singles from the 1998 Leather and Rookie Stallions Proof Sets being sold online at one time years ago as well.

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 02-10-2010

*UPDATE - Typically I do not think cards stamped at shows should be listed, however I believe this was one stamped beforehand and then given away. I think I remember seeing another stamped one of this exact same card on auction.

1997 Absolute Pennants Gold Redemption Chicago National stamp<br />
[Image: scan0017-1.jpg]<br />
Looking through my collection I discovered that the pennant above was not just a Gold Redemption, but it was stamped with the Chicago National logo. I wonder how many other cards from this base or Gold Redemption version have this logo.

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - nittany13 - 02-12-2010

*UPDATE - The five cards noted below are now OPG listed. There is a Drew Bledsoe one that has been added as well which I was not aware of the existence of.

1993 Wildcard Superchrome Samples<br />
<br />
#204-Jerome Bettis #241-O.J.McDuffie #245-Rick Mirer #247-Ronald Moore #256-Robert Smith<br />
<br />
Shown below are four of the five sample cards listed above. These are just the ones that I know of at this given time.<br />
[Image: BltK-Gg2kKGrHqEOKjEEtqPgfsd-BLcvvDw.jpg]

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - cartman - 02-12-2010

2007 Topps Chrome Dynasties Blue Refractors #'d out of 50

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - jaderock - 02-13-2010

nittany13 Wrote:1998 Pinnacle Mint Coins Gold<br />
<br />
Apparently there is a gold parallel to these coins that are not accounted for in the OPG. I am not sure if these are "one of ones" though.<br />
[Image: 98_FB_Solid20Gold_041.jpg]
<br />
<br />
Yes they were #1/1s...this one was once mine:<br />
<br />
Dan Marino 24KT Gold<br />
<p>[Image: marinof.jpg]<br />
[Image: marino_b.jpg]</p><br />

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - jaderock - 02-13-2010

nittany13 Wrote:1998 Playoff Contenders 1/1 Proof Sets<br />
These are 1 of 1 serial numbered cards that I believe were distributed at that year's national card show convention. I have only seen versions of these for the Playoff Contenders brand, but that doesn't mean that similar Proof sets exist for other Playoff brands coming out that year (I doubt it though). I am not sure that every main and insert set for the 1998 Playoff Contenders had a Proof Set version, although I am inclined they do exist, but these I at least can confirm:<br />
<br />
I think I remember seeing singles from the 1998 Leather and Rookie Stallions Proof Sets being sold online at one time years ago as well.
<br />
Actually this set was auctioned off by Playoff at the 1999 Hawaii Trade Show which Dave and Adam Card World won for $27,000 (give or take a $1k or $2k). It was for the complete set (base, parallels and inserts), so every card in this set has a "Proof Set 1 of 1" parallel. They sold it off fairly quickly and in HUGE batches. Most are in private collections which is why they aren't offered often.<br />

nittany13 Wrote:1997 Absolute Pennants Gold Redemption Chicago National stamp<br />
<br />
Looking through my collection I discovered that the pennant above was not just a Gold Redemption, but it was stamped with the Chicago National logo. I wonder how many other cards from this base or Gold Redemption version have this logo.
<br />
<br />
Stamped show cards like these are always rare and fun to find...Pacific used to stamp a card every time you bought a pack(s).<br />

One set that is extremely tough to find is:<br />
<br />
2001 Playoff Honors RETAIL Non Auto Buybacks...it had a checklist of 800 to 1000 card, but is not acknowledge by Beckett/Tuff Stuff nor is it listed on Playoff's site anymore!<br />
<br />
All cards carry a "Gold or Transparent" Honor Roll Stamp on it. Most of these cards go unnoticed.<br />
<br />
Here's a Favre sample:<br />
[Image: favrehonorfinnese.jpg]

Another set that I recently discovered is:<br />
<br />
1997 Upper Deck Minis - there are actually TWO different 48 card sets that I know of.<br />
<br />
Here's a couple of samples from one set:<br />
<br />
Favre Foil<br />
[Image: minifavre.jpg]<br />
<br />
Thomas Front/Moore Back Error<br />
[Image: mthmoserror.jpg]<br />
<br />
Regular cards: Collins, Derrick Thomas and Rice:<br />
[Image: collins27.jpg]<br />
[Image: m-thomas.jpg]<br />