Beckett Message Boards
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread! (/thread-179699.html)

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - evolb909 - 09-08-2008 04:59 PM

<span class="lw-text"><span style="color: #1a1a1a; font-family: arial">Bought a box of 89 Fleer last year and got the Randy Johnson full Marlboro, Curt Young sideways S, all of the throws rig../lef variations, Heath with Brookens back, Guillermo red spot,  Boggs w/ spot, Ripken F Face, Moses Allen and Heep errors, the Hendersor checklist, BUT the Jeff Treadway I got was corrected. First of all I have opened 10+ error boxes with the F Face card that all had Randy Johnson with the Marlboro sign 100% blacked out and blended in. These boxes all had no Treadway, Vende Berg, Ashby, or Trillo errors either, but had all of the others. This just goes to show you how ridiculously rare all of the Marlboro variations, other Ripken variations, and the Treadway are - even in comparison to the F Face card. Even all of the throws rig../lef errors are pretty scarce as well.</span></span> <br />

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - evolb909 - 09-08-2008 05:00 PM

I'm going to try to post a bunch of scans of those errors I posted earlier for you guys, including the 1989 Fleer checklists.

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - evolb909 - 09-08-2008 07:10 PM

duh

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - mschu - 09-09-2008 04:54 PM

Here are a few older ones off hand that are hopefully not repeating from earlier posts. I'll dig up more later when i have more time to search my files. <br />
<br />
1989 Donruss All Stars Dan Pleasac #22 No Trademark next to logo<br />
1990 Upper Deck Kevin Mitchell #117. Listed in Beckett as UER but i have both the error and corrected version in front of me. <br />
1990 Fleer Carmelo Martinez #162. Appears to have some sort of accent mark above letter m in Carmelo. I have to with the mark and one without.<br />
<br />
<br />
I also have a ton from '06, '07, &amp; '08. Mostly UER stuff. Not sure if this thread is only for variations seeing as a UER technically would not have a variation. Let me know.<br />
<br />
Is beckett just not interested in keeping track of these anymore?

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - richk - 09-17-2008 10:58 AM

I'm sure the Beckett Baseball Price Guide Editor, Brian Fleischer, would love to get more information on these -- please email him at <a href="mailto:BFleischer@Beckett.com">BFleischer@Beckett.com</a> and send a scan (s) of these errors not listed in the Beckett informational data base.<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Rich

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - evolb909 - 09-17-2008 07:21 PM

Thanks, Rich.  Just sent him a bunch of scans and descriptions of some of the cards I posted on page 16 of this thread.   Finally!!!!!!!   These are true variations that need to be recognized. 

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - evolb909 - 09-30-2008 05:20 PM

Hey thanks mschu, found the 1990 Fleer Carmelo Martinez with the accent mark.   Still haven't found the 90 UD Kevin Mitchell in my stuff, but I'll keep looking.  <br />
<br />
  Some of the stuff I listed on page 16 is very minor, but many of them are major significant variations.  And, most of them are on the front of the card and obviously knowingly "corrected" by the manufacturer.  I'm shocked nobody has found any of them yet.  Especially the 94 Topps Deshields, and the 95 Topps Babe Ruth.  We need to add some more significant variations to that  list.  <br />
     <br />
    Like I said I have scans.   If ANYBODY out there can explain to me how to post scans please help!  And if anybody finds any of the cards I or others have listed, let us all know.

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - calripkenjrcollector - 09-30-2008 05:53 PM

pacebentley Wrote:Not sure if its already been brought up, but one the beckett recognizes is the 1997 Donruss Limited - Limited Exposure variations. Beckett calls them Limited Exposure "Non-Glossy" for some strange reason. The Limited Exposures were basically refractor-like parallels that had an "R" under the card number to differentiate them from the regular card. However there were many produced with the "R" under the number, but that didn't have the refractor-like finish. They were basically the regular card with an "R" added. I'm sure I have some around, but not handy enough to provide scans.
<br />
<br />
The glossy and non glossy variations for the "Limited Exposure" cards exists. One looks like a refractor and the other normal on both sides.

[Image: 1997DonrussLimitedCounterpartsExpos.jpg]

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - calripkenjrcollector - 09-30-2008 06:05 PM

Thrill 22 Wrote:
onionring9 Wrote:Also note the 1997 Score Hobby Reserve (511 vs HR511)
Is this common with the Hobby Reserve, or only with the McGwire?
<br />
<br />
I have Cal Ripken with the same...

[Image: 1997Score546TrueGritHobbyReserve.jpg]

The official BMB Error &amp; Variation discussion and reference thread! - martinffcollector - 10-02-2008 09:02 AM

jacksoncoupage Wrote:<br />
<br />
Can you possibly provide a scan of the 1989 Fleer Checklists with positions? I know there are several members that have been waiting years for confirmation on these. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[Image: positions.jpg]<br />