Beckett Message Boards
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (http://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread! (/thread-179699.html)

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - jacksoncoupage - 03-04-2008 01:39 PM

theplasticman808 Wrote:Here are the 12 variations for the 1990 Donruss Grand Slammer border variations.

Hope that helps!

Did you say in a previous post that you a had a copy of the Will Clark 1990 Slammer that did not have any splatter pattern on it? Do you have a scan?

**I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread!**

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - jacksoncoupage - 03-04-2008 01:41 PM

TNP777 Wrote:I have these three Butlers:

1994 Topps 172
1994 Topps Spanish 172
1994 Topps Gold Inserts 172

All have the C in the copyright. Now my sampling of dupes isn't big (one base and one gold), but both have the C as well.

I have a couple Butlers for you:

6 different 1995 Stadium Club foil variations
1 1994 SP wrong front
1 1991 UD Hi# with 1992 Hologram on back

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 03-04-2008 01:58 PM

jacksoncoupage Wrote:
onionring9 Wrote:Here's another one:

1994 topps "B" and no "B" (between copyright)

[Image: 1994topps.jpg]

Are both back scans from the base (not gold) cards?

I have spent a lot of time trying to uncover variations in 1994 Topps. I believe that the base were printed separately from the golds. Same as in 1993 and 1992. They needed completely different cards to print the golds (no name bar on the gold cards pre-foil treatment). The two big error cards in 1994 Topps: Delino DeShields and Pat Watkins only have their error versions appear on their base cards and not their gold parallels. If you only own a B or a no-B McGwire in the base set, I would bet that both do not exist.

Also several players in the set did not receive a print designation code on their cards. I have looked at thousands of cards (both factory and wax) and have never seen a pair with and without their code.

This one was given to me by a fellow mcgwire collector. I'll follow up with him.

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - theplasticman808 - 03-04-2008 08:19 PM

jacksoncoupage Wrote:
theplasticman808 Wrote:Here are the 12 variations for the 1990 Donruss Grand Slammer border variations.

Hope that helps!

Did you say in a previous post that you a had a copy of the Will Clark 1990 Slammer that did not have any splatter pattern on it? Do you have a scan?

**I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread!**

No, it was in reference to the thick black stripe on the card reverse. Of the 12 patterns I've found only 1 (version 6) has the bold black stripe on the cards reverse.

Anyone else feel insanely nerdy in this thread but feel really okay about it? :lol:

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - KillerBeeFan - 03-04-2008 08:43 PM

I checked my 1994 Topps Biggio's (Card # 305). Don't have many but here's what I found.

1994 Topps - 5 cards - None have a letter in the copyright section
1994 Topps Gold - 1 card - Does not have a letter in the copyright section
1994 Topps Spanish - 1 card - Has the letter 'A' in the middle of the copyright section.

Very small sample size but no card found with/without the letter.

Phil

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - theplasticman808 - 03-04-2008 10:05 PM

onionring9 Wrote:Is that '90 Fleer variation on the bottom a widespread variation? I have one I just put in as a random printer error because of the bold line on the left being twice as dark and actually running into the name in the bottom left

[Image: 1990--fleer--baseball_mvp.jpg]

I'll keep an eye out for that one. My only reference would be with Will Clarks. I've got maybe 10 of them but have found 3 varieties so far on his card (see my scan).

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - Thrill 22 - 03-05-2008 09:29 AM

Guys, in an effort to collect images of some of these variations I've put together this Variation Gallery. This is a very rough version right now, and I need to reduce the thumbnail size while rescanning some of the main images. Still, it gives you an idea of what I'm putting together. My goal is to collect examples of each of the variations listed in the original post, so others can see the differences for themselves.

If anyone has examples they'd like to contribute to the project, please let me know!

What do you think?

Drew

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 03-05-2008 10:34 AM

Thrill 22 Wrote:Guys, in an effort to collect images of some of these variations I've put together this Variation Gallery. This is a very rough version right now, and I need to reduce the thumbnail size while rescanning some of the main images. Still, it gives you an idea of what I'm putting together. My goal is to collect examples of each of the variations listed in the original post, so others can see the differences for themselves.

If anyone has examples they'd like to contribute to the project, please let me know!

What do you think?

Drew

I'm doing the same with my McGwire site nobody knows about Smile

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - onionring9 - 03-05-2008 10:35 AM

onionring9 Wrote:
jacksoncoupage Wrote:
onionring9 Wrote:Here's another one:

1994 topps "B" and no "B" (between copyright)

[Image: 1994topps.jpg]

Are both back scans from the base (not gold) cards?

I have spent a lot of time trying to uncover variations in 1994 Topps. I believe that the base were printed separately from the golds. Same as in 1993 and 1992. They needed completely different cards to print the golds (no name bar on the gold cards pre-foil treatment). The two big error cards in 1994 Topps: Delino DeShields and Pat Watkins only have their error versions appear on their base cards and not their gold parallels. If you only own a B or a no-B McGwire in the base set, I would bet that both do not exist.

Also several players in the set did not receive a print designation code on their cards. I have looked at thousands of cards (both factory and wax) and have never seen a pair with and without their code.

This one was given to me by a fellow mcgwire collector. I'll follow up with him.

He confirmed both the "B" and non "B" were base. Now the question is, is this just for McGwire again or not?

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - nymwright - 03-05-2008 10:36 AM

i didnt know if this was brought up already or not but on the back of jay bruce 2005 bowman draft card it says he was drafted by the braves.