Beckett Message Boards
Walmart Discount Blaster - 2022 Stadium Club - Thrilled! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: Walmart Discount Blaster - 2022 Stadium Club - Thrilled! (/thread-1623728.html)

Pages: 1 2

Walmart Discount Blaster - 2022 Stadium Club - Thrilled! - rjcj2017 - 06-29-2023

Baseball Brethren,

As dogger99 mentioned a couple days back, Walmart has discount (!) baseball blasters available.

I went in this morning on the way to work and saw that they had three blasters of 2022 Stadium Club for $17 apiece.

I've been having good luck grabbing the "middle one" lately, so I tried the second blaster in the row.

Glad that I did!

Never was able to pull a Julio Rodriguez RC in the two blasters I got last winter, so today I was thrilled to find this in the second pack:

[Image: Julio.jpg] 

That's right - the Chrome parallel Julio RC!

Overall there are 90 Chrome parallels inserted 1:24 packs, so the odds of pulling the specific card I wanted were pretty astronomical at basically 1 in 270 blasters.

As for the rest of the box, the highlights were:

- Mike Trout base and Shohei Ohtani Triumvirate insert in first pack
- Hunter Greene RC
- Jose Siri Gold Chrome RC

For $17 I'll definitely take it and quit while I'm ahead!

RE: Walmart Discount Blaster - 2022 Stadium Club - Thrilled! - akaus - 06-29-2023

Nice box. I have always loved the photos on Stadium Club cards.

RE: Walmart Discount Blaster - 2022 Stadium Club - Thrilled! - rjcj2017 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 10:14 AM)akaus Wrote: Nice box. I have always loved the photos on Stadium Club cards.
Yep, agreed. SC feels higher end for being a lower end product and I've generally had good luck with it over the years.

This was an all-timer for me given that it was exactly the player I wanted (would have been more than happy with the base) in a discount blaster, no less.

RE: Walmart Discount Blaster - 2022 Stadium Club - Thrilled! - akaus - 06-29-2023

It's nice to see that blasters are getting discounted. I have a gift card to Walmart that I have been waiting to use. Looks like I need to check it out and see what I can get.

RE: Walmart Discount Blaster - 2022 Stadium Club - Thrilled! - rjcj2017 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 11:01 AM)akaus Wrote: It's nice to see that blasters are getting discounted. I have a gift card to Walmart that I have been waiting to use. Looks like I need to check it out and see what I can get.
Yep, go for it!

They only had SC when I went this morning, but they also keep the cards behind the busiest checkstand in the store now (thanks, DBN, you've been so good for the hobby) so I wasn't ever able to look through them when they probably had more/different stuff a few days ago.

However, I believe dogger99 said he saw various products at his local Wally, so yeah, check it out - worked for me!

Let us know what you get.

RE: Walmart Discount Blaster - 2022 Stadium Club - Thrilled! - dogger99 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 12:50 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: However, I believe dogger99 said he saw various products at his local Wally, so yeah, check it out - worked for me!

Let us know what you get.
I remember seeing Stadium Club, Gallery, Prizm Draft Picks (which I grabbed one of since it has an auto) and several others.

And nice pull on the Julio.

(06-29-2023, 02:27 PM)dogger99 Wrote: I remember seeing Stadium Club, Gallery, Prizm Draft Picks (which I grabbed one of since it has an auto) and several others.

And nice pull on the Julio.
Thank you very much!

RE: Walmart Discount Blaster - 2022 Stadium Club - Thrilled! - gmccarth - 07-01-2023

Very nice pull! I love Stadium Club, the photography is the best in the industry.

RE: Walmart Discount Blaster - 2022 Stadium Club - Thrilled! - rjcj2017 - 07-02-2023

(07-01-2023, 10:37 AM)gmccarth Wrote: Very nice pull! I love Stadium Club, the photography is the best in the industry.
Indeed! Thanks much.

RE: Walmart Discount Blaster - 2022 Stadium Club - Thrilled! - dogger99 - 07-02-2023

Grabbed a couple of the Stadium Club blasters at HEB today doing my grocery shopping. Only $14.98 each.