Beckett Message Boards
Delay in Panini Redemptions? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Delay in Panini Redemptions? (/thread-1618281.html)

Pages: 1 2

Delay in Panini Redemptions? - semperbm1463 - 08-15-2020

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing long delays in Panini redemption cards. I have submitted 3 redemptions: on May 14th, June 7th and June 10th and all are still listed as "in process". Oddly enough, a few days ago I was issued points in return for an expired redemption I requested around the same time. I can see the initial delay in processing due to COVID and maybe reduced staffing? But in the past I don't remember any taking much longer than a month.

Anyone else with similar experiences? Maybe I'm slightly impatient given one card is a Bobby Witt Jr. auto/15 and another is a 19/20 Absolute Steph Curry glass insert case hit?
Any input would be much appreciated!

RE: Delay in Panini Redemptions? - wickercat - 08-15-2020

I have 20 redemptions open with Panini and I have not seen any change since last year.  Some of my redemptions are 5 years old.  If you want the card, there is little to do but wait.  If you find a way around it, let me know!

RE: Delay in Panini Redemptions? - bonds20001 - 08-15-2020

I have old redemptions also and contacting them is impossible..I will state again..this is the oldest BAIT AND SWITCH scheme known..they promise a big hit..and when you get it..it is not available..the points scam is criminal..now when I get a redemption..I know I am the loser..nothing good to say at all about this..if I did this as small business owner, I would be in jail..
but they get ways with it.

RE: Delay in Panini Redemptions? - ahvjr - 08-15-2020

I have two that are over 7 years old and they have never reached out to me. They could care less.

RE: Delay in Panini Redemptions? - semperbm1463 - 08-16-2020

I've never really read the fine print, but seems like if they failed to honor redemption cards inserted in packs, this would be worthy of a lawsuit. Say you pull a 1/1 worth 5 figures...there's no way anyone would just let that go. Inserting point cards in place of "hits" in boxes is one thing, since the box reads the amount of hits is "on average" but if this is a regular thing for them, it would kill their reputation.
To be clear, the card I was issued points for was already expired when I redeemed it. Fortunately I pulled a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar auto redemption from the same box which was over a year expired and they actually honored it!

RE: Delay in Panini Redemptions? - pjrussell529 - 08-16-2020

semperbm1463 Wrote:I've never really read the fine print, but seems like if they failed to honor redemption cards inserted in packs, this would be worthy of a lawsuit. Say you pull a 1/1 worth 5 figures...there's no way anyone would just let that go. Inserting point cards in place of "hits" in boxes is one thing, since the box reads the amount of hits is "on average" but if this is a regular thing for them, it would kill their reputation.
To be clear, the card I was issued points for was already expired when I redeemed it. Fortunately I pulled a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar auto redemption from the same box which was over a year expired and they actually honored it!

There was a class action lawsuit filed against Panini last year which is still pending as far as I know. I haven't seen any updates in a while. Just google Panini redemption lawsuit.

RE: Delay in Panini Redemptions? - rjcj2017 - 08-17-2020

And now they're not honoring expired redemptions either, and their shipping costs went waaaaay up ... the last time I redeemed any points cards with them, the shipping was $13 for 5 cards in a regular bubble mailer.

Now they're charging $400 on their website for $150 products like Elite Basketball.

Instead of, you know, helping people out during a pandemic and lowering their prices, they're actually jacking everything up.

I will never redeem a stupid points card again, I can promise you that.

Yes, it's outright, straight up fraud.

RE: Delay in Panini Redemptions? - homerjg007 - 08-17-2020

I have one from last year. I couldn't get anyone in redemptions to answer the phone so I called sales. He of course couldn't help me, but gave me the name and email for the redemption person. I hope you are sitting down - they haven't responded to my emails or calls either.

RE: Delay in Panini Redemptions? - bonds20001 - 08-18-2020

Did you send your email to:
paniniredemptions.com/deadletteroffice.org???

They answer no e-mails.

While we are on the subject..anyone get any response to emails to COMC?

I have asked a ?? about timing and fees 6 times with no answer.

RE: Delay in Panini Redemptions? - pjrussell529 - 08-18-2020

bonds20001 Wrote:Did you send your email to:
paniniredemptions.com/deadletteroffice.org???

They answer no e-mails.

While we are on the subject..anyone get any response to emails to COMC?

I have asked a ?? about timing and fees 6 times with no answer.
I've received no response from the 3 emails I've sent about 18 cards missing from the last shipment I requested. They have basically stolen $150 from me so they will no longer get any more of my money unless they figure it out. And even then I'm not sure.

I did get the email about them hiring more help. Their CS sucks.