Beckett Message Boards
Anxiousness about collection - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Anxiousness about collection (/thread-1602544.html)

Pages: 1 2

Anxiousness about collection - reagle beagle 37 - 06-16-2016

Anyone just get freaked out ... cards all over the house, so many want lists and collections going on, stuff just falling off the walls. I mean, it's happening to me right now,.

RE: Anxiousness about collection - reagle beagle 37 - 06-16-2016

I'm looking at massive shoeboxes and just putting everything in there and breaking it up by index cards like I did when I was a kid. I think that will calm me down a bit.

RE: Anxiousness about collection - yankees_pride - 06-16-2016

Please take them out of shoe boxes. That will just damage them.

But yes I have cards everywhere and just can't ever get time to get a grip on what I have.

Also inheriting 100,000 plus cards didn't help

RE: Anxiousness about collection - madamson - 06-16-2016

I just put approximately 250,000 commons in storage. Granted, they are from the "junk wax" era, but it was overwhelming. I hopefully have a deal in place for someone to take them off my hands.

As far as what I have left in my house, it is still what I consider in disarray. My problem is that I get side-tracked and start another project before finishing the one I was on. For example just the other night I was putting a really nice 1983 Topps Football set into a binder...and then at about card 250 I decided I should take a break. What did I end up doing then? Yep, going through a different box of stuff I had picked up and started sorting that out. Now I have a semi-complete 83 football set in a binder on one desk and a box of commons/gu/auto's laid out on another table. It's never-ending. No one's fault but my own!

RE: Anxiousness about collection - jonathani - 06-16-2016

Don't let this cause you stress. Nothing good comes of an anxious collector.

RE: Anxiousness about collection - scottbdoug - 06-16-2016

i have the habit of buying a person's collection before i have sorted through a collection or two i had purchased previously. i am one also to go through all the duplicates in these collections and looking through binders to see if any are in better condition and if yes grading up the set in the binders. its super time consuming especially if you go through 800 cards at a time and only replace five cards in the binder. but the results have been that i am bringing all my sets inro mint grade on the cheap as buying people's collections gets me cards at a fraction of the cost of ebay or other sellers. but it sure does make a hell of a mess.

RE: Anxiousness about collection - alfredoleal2001 - 06-21-2016

mine are all in my closet lol, i will soon take my clothes out and use the space for binders and cards lol or maybe get a bigger closet lol

RE: Anxiousness about collection - tate31nym - 06-21-2016

mine have taken over my living room.

RE: Anxiousness about collection - mouschi3 - 06-22-2016

It is all about perspective. When I had about 1.5 million cards in my garage, I'd look out there and say "It is good." Smile

On the other hand, they weren't all over the house. That may be a different story! My advice would be to swim in them!

RE: Anxiousness about collection - franciscomarina - 06-22-2016

I do have a room for my collection, and built a custom closet for them. Still plenty of cards laying around, that I will try to organize a few this week, since I have a few days off. Also, every time I start organize, I do receive mail every week, that keeps adding to the situation.