Beckett Message Boards
tiny tiny rant - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: tiny tiny rant (/thread-1579517.html)

Pages: 1 2

tiny tiny rant - jfrench91 - 12-17-2015

if people send you trade offers and you don't like them or whatever other reason.. simply just say " im not interested in trading at this time" or " sorry I don't see anything".. don't let it sit in your trade section unanswered. Im starting to see that again.. plus people making posts saying " lets trade" and not responding to it. just decline it or acknowledge it some way or some how. I understand people get busy, I also get busy and what not but dang.. its plain rude not acknowledging trades. Id rather get told you don't wanna trade with me over not being acknowledged. thanks

RE: tiny tiny rant - ft28jags - 12-17-2015

Yeppers. Couldn't agree more. I've started automatically declining trades with those people when they come to trade with me after they ignored my previous offer to try and trade. Hate feeling like I waste time trying to trade with someone who wants to trade but can't bother replying one way or the other.
(12-17-2015, 12:26 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: if people send you trade offers and you don't like them or whatever other reason.. simply just say " im not interested in trading at this time" or " sorry I don't see anything".. don't let it sit in your trade section unanswered. Im starting to see that again.. plus people making posts saying " lets trade" and not responding to it. just decline it or acknowledge it some way or some how. I understand people get busy, I also get busy and what not but dang.. its plain rude not acknowledging trades. Id rather get told you don't wanna trade with me over not being acknowledged. thanks

RE: tiny tiny rant - coltsfansince85 - 12-18-2015

Yeah, I'd rather see it declined inside of 24hrs than just sit for weeks. I usually send a follow up message after one week, close after two depending on the trader.

RE: tiny tiny rant - soccerscrub - 12-18-2015

This goes along the same lines of trying to do a trade with someone when you are interested in a $5 card or so and then the other side goes nutz and adds two or three $50+ cards to the trade. That in itself isn't so crazy right? But then you go back through their cards to see if you can possibly find something else, but they don't even have any cards near that value in their organize.

And sometimes you just want to initiate a small trade with someone that you have never traded with before to establish some sort of trade relationship before you jump into a higher dollar trade...

Ok, I'll step back off my soapbox.

RE: tiny tiny rant - kfeldman - 12-18-2015

(12-17-2015, 12:26 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: if people send you trade offers and you don't like them or whatever other reason.. simply just say " im not interested in trading at this time" or " sorry I don't see anything".. don't let it sit in your trade section unanswered. Im starting to see that again.. plus people making posts saying " lets trade" and not responding to it. just decline it or acknowledge it some way or some how. I understand people get busy, I also get busy and what not but dang.. its plain rude not acknowledging trades. Id rather get told you don't wanna trade with me over not being acknowledged. thanks

I couldn't agree more with this post. I have many pending trades from people who create trade threads saying they want to trade then never respond. Maybe with the holidays, people will have some extra time off to respond. I think Beckett should deactivate trade accounts that haven't had activity within 6 months so that Im not sending trade offers to people with a certain card who never log in, or waiting for a trade response for months. Maybe it will motivate people to stay on the site if they know it will their accounts will be deactivated. I don't know...just a thought.

RE: tiny tiny rant - savagenate - 12-18-2015

Beckett should also fix whatever bug it is that marks members wants as "haves to trade" who have not been on in years. It drives me nuts! But yeah, a timely response on a trade is always preferable.

RE: tiny tiny rant - jonathani - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 11:39 AM)savagenate Wrote: Beckett should also fix whatever bug it is that marks members wants as "haves to trade" who have not been on in years. It drives me nuts! But yeah, a timely response on a trade is always preferable.

+1

RE: tiny tiny rant - jfrench91 - 12-19-2015

agree with all! like I said.. I look on here to see who can possibly help with set needs(contenders) and ill send offers. if ya don't wanna trade, that's fine.. but with me sending an offer it gives me that slim chance that I amy acquire the card or get a chance to. It is what it is.. but as someone mentioned a person makes a post saying they want to trade and don't check the trade page. Just aggravating sometimes haha. I TRY to check everyday and I HAVE missed where people sent me offers because it got mixed up with the unanswered clutter.

RE: tiny tiny rant - jeremy7269 - 12-19-2015

I agree with the original post. Its just common courtesy.

I do want to pose a question. If you post a very specific want list and get trade offers for items that are not on your want list, then what obligation do you have?
In a sense, you have already responded when posting your original want list. Just a thought.

RE: tiny tiny rant - coltsfansince85 - 12-20-2015

(12-19-2015, 09:35 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: I agree with the original post. Its just common courtesy.

I do want to pose a question. If you post a very specific want list and get trade offers for items that are not on your want list, then what obligation do you have?
In a sense, you have already responded when posting your original want list. Just a thought.

I have very specific lists posted, but if someone needs something I have (or wants to offer something that isn't on a list, but might interest me), it's still on me to work something out/decline to work something out.