Beckett Message Boards
Beckett and their pricing - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Beckett and their pricing (/thread-1577388.html)

Pages: 1 2

Beckett and their pricing - yankees_pride - 09-02-2015

So 2015 Topps chrome is recently updated with pricing and it has me scratching my head a little.

Either the high number rookie sp's aren't really short print or Beckett doesn't do great research as far as pricing

Linder for example sells on eBay from $11 to $30. So we will say average of $20. In my dealings in the past that would make it a $40 BV card. BUT looking at the price the have listed (>15) that would make it a $6 sell.

I find that hard to believe

And then the sepias which aren't numbered are all booking >$5 and I am buying them around .50-.75 each.

I don't get it

It also makes it hard to trade on here because I can go out and buy all the sepias I want for .50 each and then be a jerk and trade them to you guys at full BV.

NOT RIGHT

RE: Beckett and their pricing - Hofcollector - 09-02-2015

Your not being a jerk. If you find yourself a deal and can better your collection by making a "profit" on your trades, then all the power to you. It's not anyone's business what you buy them for nor are you obligated to have to trade them at your buy price. Most people just don't want to spend the money so they will have to just deal with the trade value. And, as it's been said before, Ebay isn't the only place to buy and sell cards.

RE: Beckett and their pricing - yankees_pride - 09-02-2015

Matt, I totally agree. I'm not saying I do that but what I was getting at is that the prices in the guide don't reflect the market.

I am putting the sepia set together and someone offered me like 9 or 11 of them the other day before pricing. They wanted an auto and I was debating it. Then the pricing hit and they INSTANTLY cancelled the trade when they saw that each one was $5+. It just sucks for set collectors. But I guess if you find the right trade partner then it doesn't matter.

/vent

I don't know what to pull them out of, blasters? If I can find them, you can have them.

RE: Beckett and their pricing - yankees_pride - 09-02-2015

Yea they come out of blasters. You get an extra pack that has 4 in it. I got lucky last night and got a Joc. I still need the big boys Jeter, Bryant, Harper, Trout.

RE: Beckett and their pricing - zeprock - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 08:59 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Your not being a jerk. If you find yourself a deal and can better your collection by making a "profit" on your trades, then all the power to you. It's not anyone's business what you buy them for nor are you obligated to have to trade them at your buy price. Most people just don't want to spend the money so they will have to just deal with the trade value. And, as it's been said before, Ebay isn't the only place to buy and sell cards.

+1

RE: Beckett and their pricing - tdog4468 - 09-02-2015

I just figured the cards would be close in value to prior year inserts, the orange for example were around $3 for commons in 2014, so I figured the sepia would be about that. The trout and Harper inserts are about 10 each from last year, but this year Harper came out at $3 for the Gallery of the Greatest? Kinda has me wanting to put that set together if they are that cheep for the big boys.

RE: Beckett and their pricing - pjrussell529 - 09-02-2015

Remember too that who knows what all the LCS and online dealers were selling them for. I know when they first came out I saw all five on ebay at 39.99 BIN so needless to say some people got good value(Correa) and some people did not.

And as Matt said you're not being a jerk. If you pull a $300 Trout auto from a box you paid $100 for do you worry you're ripping someone off when you paid $200 less than value. Not at all. It's basically the same thing.

Also consider who the sellers are on ebay. Some are completely unaware of the market and are just looking to make a quick buck. Others are trying to rip people off. Remember the prices the 2015 Topps Jeter was getting before pricing was out. The buyers just didn't have a clue on that on.

If I ever find blasters here the Sepias are all yours. Best of luck completing your sepia set.

RE: Beckett and their pricing - djohn - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 08:01 AM)yankees_pride Wrote: And then the sepias which aren't numbered are all booking >$5 and I am buying them around .50-.75 each.
Keep in mind you have to pay shipping for cards on eBay. So that $0.50 card might cost $2.50 after you include the cost of shipping. Thus while it's selling for less than $1, the true value may be closer to the $5 then it first seems.

(09-02-2015, 02:59 PM)djohn Wrote: Keep in mind you have to pay shipping for cards on eBay. So that $0.50 card might cost $2.50 after you include the cost of shipping. Thus while it's selling for less than $1, the true value may be closer to the $5 then it first seems.

Ahhh, you know what? I didn't even think of this. Very true.