Beckett Message Boards
Not sure what to do...need advice - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Not sure what to do...need advice (/thread-1572114.html)

Pages: 1 2

Not sure what to do...need advice - corbin21 - 03-15-2015

I went to a card show today and a trader offered my a couple of hundred dollars for this card. Not sure what he meant by a couple of hundred. Like $200.00 firm or $200 - $400 range. What would you do???? My wife is telling me to hold on to it. I searched e-bay for a similar card but didn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. I know the advice has always been what ever the buyer is willing to pay for it. Just not sure how rare of a card this is.... Thanks....

[Image: PuigGold_zpsfpgj7rfy.png]

RE: Not sure what to do...need advice - rollx8 - 03-15-2015

Sell it while it's hot

RE: Not sure what to do...need advice - Dub24rollin - 03-15-2015

With sales like that you can always "Monday Morning Quarterback". I would see what he offers and if it feels right then take it. If not, then don't. There are 2 ways it could go, you sell it and find one on eBay later that went for much more or you hold onto it and he suffers a dismal year and his popularity dies off. Go with your gut. It's what life is about. You can second guess yourself to death.

Also, I always use the money from cards that I sell to buy another card that I'd rather have anyway because it feels better to buy a $200 card with $200 I made from a card rather than pay the cable bill with that money lol.

RE: Not sure what to do...need advice - Hofcollector - 03-15-2015

Ive got to be honest with you. $200 cash seems exceptionally fair. If you can get more, obviously do so. But, its a 3rd year gold variation of a player who took a bit of a nose dive the second half of the season last year. That's a lot of money for a parallel. Sell it while the products hot or keep it knowing there's possibility that he doesn't produce and the card ends up being worth $40. The flip side to that is if he does exceptional, perhaps you could get more in the long run. I doubt it though. That's the perfect example of a card thats chance of increasing in value is hurt because they will keep producing that card year after year.
Im also in agreement with dub24rollin. If you can sell a card that has a "ceiling" to it, I'd turn around and invest it in a card(s) with serious potential to increase in value.

RE: Not sure what to do...need advice - randall44 - 03-15-2015

Sell.

RE: Not sure what to do...need advice - ryanmo5 - 03-15-2015

Sell it bud, don't think he will be much better than what he has shown so far honestly. That's a good amount of money for that card!

RE: Not sure what to do...need advice - petillo64 - 03-15-2015

$200 cash is a solid offer. Gold /5's of similar players are selling in that range on the bay... Soler RC $260 at auction. Wright, Miggy, McCutchen all selling in at a little above $200 at first release. I'd throw out $250, see if he takes it, and then take the $200 or more if he counters.

RE: Not sure what to do...need advice - fatman711 - 03-15-2015

I think you should sell because as time goes by he will probably be less and less popular.
Try 300 and then you can picker from there. Good luck.

RE: Not sure what to do...need advice - corbin21 - 03-15-2015

Hey guys thanks for all the helpful advice. I will probably bring the card to the show next month and see if he still has an interest....

RE: Not sure what to do...need advice - Hofcollector - 03-15-2015

Good luck. Let us know how it goes down.