Beckett Message Boards
Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+---- Thread: Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 (/thread-1568829.html)

Pages: 1 2

Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 - Ncristella - 12-31-2014

Topps Triple Thread 2014

Any idea of what the book price could be?

"5 TDs 1 Game"
picture
Also Jeremy Hill Gold Auto Relic 1/10 in there

RE: Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 - Logansan - 12-31-2014

BEAUTIFUL!! Kinda hard to get accurate check when its 1/1 and no one else can get one..lol. Just got a 1/1 watkins auto too

RE: Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 - Ncristella - 12-31-2014

(12-31-2014, 02:13 PM)Logansan Wrote: BEAUTIFUL!! Kinda hard to get accurate check when its 1/1 and no one else can get one..lol. Just got a 1/1 watkins auto too
Very cool, I actually got the Watkins Triple Relic in the same pack 1/36. I didn't realize Jamaal Charles had made and tied records until I got his card. Definitely cool to have a 1/1. To make sense of it. Even Triple Auto's of Manning and Elway were 1/10 or greater. Hopefully the market starts making sense. Depending on the player but I can see a Manning 1/1 going for $2k, but I really like that cards are becoming highly limited. My boxes of Prime Signatures, even the base are 1/500 many 1/75. When you think about it less then 25% of buyers even use the internet. Their much more scarce then we believe but there are a lot of good cards out there. I honestly think there will be a great market for cards in the future, though like anything else it take a quality line of buyers with the right amounts of cash to make any kind of market. That being said again, its just cool to have something worthy.

RE: Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 - savagenate - 12-31-2014

Going by recent sales, BV looks to be around $85-$110. If you are looking to move it, feel free to check me, or gocards. Gocards super collects him and has some nice stuff for trade Smile

RE: Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 - Ncristella - 12-31-2014

(12-31-2014, 02:58 PM)savagenate Wrote: Going by recent sales, BV looks to be around $85-$110. If you are looking to move it, feel free to check me, or gocards. Gocards super collects him and has some nice stuff for trade Smile

I honestly think its worth more then that. Even specific to the player. He's the only back to score 5 touchdowns in a game since Abner Hayes in 1961. It honors his record(the card). It might be the only 1/1 of Jamaal Charles ever. Other high end players have several 1/1's by each set of cards. To try and get it for under $100 you would have to make a significant case. I think its more important that we resolve the case of 1/1. I mean if there's a 1/1 in each series/set of card of Peyton Manning. It's really like a 1/10 for the year. Players such as Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and a ton more come to mind. So how rare are 1/1's compared to other 1 of 1's is what it will come down to. Finding a buyer for $5k with a 1 of 1 in Panini Flawless would help. I mean maybe even $10k fpr $1200 packs of cards but a 1/1 is rare as ***** and if its not a mainstream player there's much less of his card. In this case we have a record holding top-end running back that gets no recognition in the market, but is paid very well. Like I said it may be his only 1/1 card, so I'm thinking much higher. If you can prove there's other 1/1's of Jamaal Charles I'll believe its $120-200 rather then $500+. No one else has this Jamaal Charles in the world! a Proven Great player.....and it may be the only 1/1 of him ever made....

That being said I think your really off on value. BV on my 1/25 Freshman Fabric (Rookie) RGIII Auto Card is $120 its a 1/25 for an unproven player. On his name alone its $120. That being said I'd take no less then $650 for this card. Theoretically 1x25, assuming the record holding equates(of Jamaal Charles) to the autograph(of RGIII) it could be worth $2500. Just sayin'...
(12-31-2014, 03:52 PM)Ncristella Wrote: I honestly think its worth more then that. Even specific to the player. He's the only back to score 5 touchdowns in a game since Abner Hayes in 1961. It honors his record(the card). It might be the only 1/1 of Jamaal Charles ever. Other high end players have several 1/1's by each set of cards. To try and get it for under $100 you would have to make a significant case. I think its more important that we resolve the case of 1/1. I mean if there's a 1/1 in each series/set of card of Peyton Manning. It's really like a 1/10 for the year. Players such as Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and a ton more come to mind. So how rare are 1/1's compared to other 1 of 1's is what it will come down to. Finding a buyer for $5k with a 1 of 1 in Panini Flawless would help. I mean maybe even $10k fpr $1200 packs of cards but a 1/1 is rare as ***** and if its not a mainstream player there's much less of his card. In this case we have a record holding top-end running back that gets no recognition in the market, but is paid very well. Like I said it may be his only 1/1 card, so I'm thinking much higher. If you can prove there's other 1/1's of Jamaal Charles I'll believe its $120-200 rather then $500+. No one else has this Jamaal Charles in the world! a Proven Great player.....and it may be the only 1/1 of him ever made....

That being said I think your really off on value. BV on my 1/25 Freshman Fabric (Rookie) RGIII Auto Card is $120 its a 1/25 for an unproven player. On his name alone its $120. That being said I'd take no less then $650 for this card. Theoretically 1x25, assuming the record holding equates(of Jamaal Charles) to the autograph(of RGIII) it could be worth $2500. Just sayin'...
Just tweeted him (Jamaal)....

Again I think the community needs to get together and figure out limited production cards. Beckett says N/A on anything 10 and under. If a 1/299 is worth $10 then 1/1 would be worth $2999+.....(likely not going to hold) But this again I must mention is why most people want league and hobby to be governed by lawful government such as Britain. Store's can not try to make money on sports memorabilia. It must be institutionalized to uphold value. Only in America would it say "How quick can I get rid of it for?"

If it were autographed I'd say $2500, since its a blank slate that still can be autographed I'm going with $1500. Someone has to uphold value. "Lets see how much I can get for it?" Come on, If you offered the crown jewels to bums they could only give you $10 for them. I say we go(tell) buy Ticket Sales divided by Gross Disposable income then an equation of cards sold and congruently spread to each card based on its print times then divided by some equation of sovereignty in the nation. You can't ask poor men what their willing to pay for football cards! Even if you did, you tell them they need 1 good one worth $2-$5k.... They'll never print your money if its all S80-S100. Last mention I say your trying to go by the Athlete popularity and not collector value. It seems like you're trying to short sale people and I know your not trying to be a bad person but it is bad for the economics. The NFL endorses the cards you have to uphold value and when appreciation is there they'll find the card, but $85-$105(If football tickets were $5) is like your working from the internet to sell in your store. He broke Walter Peyton's record of yard per game. As I said $1500 no less. A 1/299 is $10.... I mean what we need is representation in Government but you have to institute Britain to have such justification. You can't be making a living on Sporting Goods, it makes no sense.....

RE: Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 - magneto2 - 12-31-2014

Jamaal is a special player. If he were in another city for another team he would get a lot more hobby love. But he is a chief and they are better this year but not near as good as last year. Having said that, i think you should sell it with a High Bin with best offer and see what someone will pay.. Print runs don't figure into cash sales as much in football especially. Baseball and Basketball rule the land as far as the hobby dollar is concerned. Good Luck and congrats on a fantastic hit!

RE: Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 - slufan83 - 12-31-2014

I'm sorry but $650 is just wishful thinking....and having a card like that signed in-person will decrease the value.

Taking a look at this might change your view. I can pick up a TTT 1/1 of him right now for just $199.99:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMAAL-CHARLES-2014-TRIPLE-THREADS-3X-LOGO-PATCH-W-COMMEMORATIVE-PATCH-D-1-1-/301463347119?pt=US_Football&hash=item46309d9faf

Here is a 1/1 Auto/Patch from 2013 Supreme that only went for $77:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMAAL-CHARLES-2013-Auto-Patch-1-1-TRUE-ONE-of-ONE-Topps-Five-Star-Signed-/281521530635?pt=US_Football&hash=item418bfda70b&nma=true&si=n16PrpSZoOIRHCBPjtM5A%252Fy7PBU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Savagenate was pretty spot on if not even a little high in his estimate. Pays to do the research first.

RE: Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 - gocardinals - 12-31-2014

I too..granted i am a huge PC collector of Jamaal charles..but i would trade around $100 BV for it..also possibly pay around $75

RE: Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 - savagenate - 12-31-2014

Ncristilla-not sure if you are maybe new to the hobby? Or maybe Haven't bought or traded singles much? I'm pretty sure every member on here uses the major auction site to help determine value of the cards that Beckett doesn't have values on here for. You search the guy or card, go to advanced search, and click on sold listings. You'll see several 1/1's, jsy 1/1's, auto's etc from over the years going for the general range I told you before, $84-110. Some a little lower, some a little higher. You won't get anyone to pay more than what others are going for. As for it being Charles' only 1/1, not at all! Think about it...cards like Topps Chrome, Prizm, National Treasures, Topps, Score, etc, all have a MINIMUM of 5 1/1's. The "Super", and 4 plates. The 4 plates are identical except for ink. Triple Threads has a gazillion 1/1's for their players. Now sure, you have the ONLY 1/1 that will have that design (if you don't count the 4 plates for it), but it is not his ONLY 1/1 for this year, let alone his career.
That being said, a 1/1 is worth whatever the owner, or a buyer, wants it to be. So, feel free to set a personal value on it, but realize, looking at these listings, you'll be extremely lucky to get a fifth of what you think it's worth:
I am not promoting these cards, only using the links for reference:
Active listings:
www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Certified-Jamaal-Charles-3-Color-Relic-True-1-1-Dirty-Patch
www.ebay.com/itm/JAMAAL-CHARLES-2012-PRIME-SIGNATURES-AUTO-BLACK-TRUE-1-1-BGS-GRADED-9-5-10-AUTO
www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Topps-Chrome-Jamaal-Charles-73-Magenta-Printing-Plate-True-1-1-BGS-9
Sold listings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMAAL-CHARLES-2013-SPECTRA-FOOTBALL-ATOMIC-BLACK-TRUE-1-1-BGS-GRADED-9-5-/161531768950?pt=US_Football&hash=item259c0b3076
And a "Super", one of the hottest cards around:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Bowman-Sterling-Jamaal-Charles-Patch-SUPERFRACTOR-1-1-Chiefs-SICK-/161522691768?pt=US_Football&hash=item259b80aeb8
Feel free to continue looking up listings.
I'm not attacking you personally in any way, just trying to help you out. Not sure what all the stuff about England is about. If you think the system is out of whack, I'd agree. But these are real facts, real money, real customers/sellers. If you keep this in your collection, that's awesome, and whatever you put on it value wise, good for you! If you go to sell or trade it, by all means, feel free to prove me wrong on the value lol.

RE: Jamaal Charles Onyx 1/1 - Logansan - 01-01-2015

Man, seeing that 1/1 AUTO PATCH Charles go for $77 only seriously breaks my heart.
Unfortunately now being VERY good just isn't enough anymore. Its becoming a popularity contest in these new generations. I really do wish these 1/1 cards are as valuable as their rarity. Cuz this Sammy Watkins 1/1 auto would sure look much sexier next to me right now...LOL
I HOPE WE BANK!!