Beckett Message Boards
I'm back everybody! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: I'm back everybody! (/thread-1567623.html)

Pages: 1 2

I'm back everybody! - swjrp10 - 11-25-2014

Looks like I'm back...at least in a talking sense!

As you all know, things have been really hard since my wife and I got married (yes, wife/kids do truly suck the life out of you...I'm losing hair and going gray at 23!). Well, come August, after two months of unemployment, I was able to get a job managing...shocker I know...another Halloween store down here! I was also able to get the job of the sous chef at a Yacht Club a mile from my house! For two months I put in 70+ hours a week every week to try and get out of the hole.

Thankfully, Two weeks ago I got the promotion to head chef at my yacht club! This was the first time I was able to work only 40 hours a week and support my family. We weren't rich, but by Joe all of our bills were covered and we could go out to dinner once and a while!

Well...as of yesterday...they fired me after two weeks! Evidently they were hurting financially and needed to cut lose the top $ employee (because they're morons and don't know how to run a restaurant).

So here I am. On my couch again. Applying for jobs like mad trying to keep from falling in the hole again a week before Thanksgiving!

Thankfully, we purchased the food for the holiday the first week I got the promotion! Looks like it will be back to working 70+ hours again!

And to make matters worse, I won two auctions totaling $11 shipped this weekend because I figured things were FINALLY going to be ok and I could slowly start rebuilding the collection...apparently I spoke too soon!

Oh well! Lord giveth the Lord taketh away, I'll just have to find something fast!

Hope all is well and you all continue to have a safe holiday season

RE: I'm back everybody! - micorps - 11-25-2014

I admire your determination to keep pushing on. I have always believed hard work like yours will pay off in the end. I really hope I am right.

RE: I'm back everybody! - swjrp10 - 11-25-2014

(11-25-2014, 10:37 AM)micorps Wrote: I admire your determination to keep pushing on. I have always believed hard work like yours will pay off in the end. I really hope I am right.

join the club (and thanks for the kind words). I'm not trying to have a pity party here, but its just reached the point where it is either "we make it or we are done" (both in terms of my marriage and financially). I find it amazing that 1 year ago I had a 725 credit score, a paid for car, and no debt lol now I have a 450 credit score and 15k or so in debt lol hopefully things look up soon, but hey, that's life!

RE: I'm back everybody! - totally sports - 11-26-2014

Hey nice to hear from you, hope things go well for you.

RE: I'm back everybody! - floydtown - 11-27-2014

welcome back

RE: I'm back everybody! - mooncricket916 - 11-27-2014

Hey man good to hear from you again. Keep pushing on man it'll get better. Was in the same boat after the bad drought here, lost a $22/hr management job because of less rice. Took me 6 months to find something again, less pay of course but it's a start. Anyhow good to hear from ya and hopefully you will find something soon.

RE: I'm back everybody! - rayeates - 11-28-2014

Now I am on two forums, Justin! Twice the shots gonna be fired your way. Hehe! Welcome back and best wishes!

Randi

RE: I'm back everybody! - swjrp10 - 11-28-2014

Still no job, selling autographs I have no want to sell. No hope in sight, but thanks for the good wishes Randi

RE: I'm back everybody! - rayeates - 11-28-2014

(11-28-2014, 04:51 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: Still no job, selling autographs I have no want to sell. No hope in sight, but thanks for the good wishes Randi

Very rough to hear, Justin. I hope that it gets better. Get out there and make it happen!

Randi

RE: I'm back everybody! - duch2izback - 11-28-2014

Welcome back