Beckett Message Boards
1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+---- Thread: 1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome (/thread-1567087.html)

Pages: 1 2

1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome - johnnypen - 11-08-2014

Got this box in the mail this week. Thought I would share the results.
First up, a few inserts. Certainly nothing to write home about.

[Image: TC1_zpsd4bede15.jpg]

On the up side, Eddie Lacy seemed to be well represented......

[Image: TC2_zps54a62bb3.jpg]

Which would all be well and good if I collected Green Bay, but as I'm sure most of you know, I only collect Pittsburgh. Still, I was happy to see the Lacys for their trade value. I love the look of those rookie die-cuts. Finally, about 20 packs into the 24 pack break, I pulled this..........

[Image: TC3_zpseb14bc23.jpg]

Might not look like much to you guys, but given my poor luck pulling Steelers from packs, I was thrilled!! So I get down to my very last pack and still no auto. I'm thinking that I may be the victim of the dreaded "missing hit". But the very bottom card of the very last pack is backwards. I breathe a sigh of relief but then realize that while it looks like I did get my auto, odds are that it's not anything too spectacular....

I was wrong.........................

[Image: TC4_zps6f606914.jpg]

Sorry for all the drama, it doesn't take much to excite me. Haha
Obviously, I was very happy, but now the problem of what to do with it. I would like to trade it for a Topps Chrome Le'veon Bell auto refractor, but the Lacy lists for $150 and the camo for Bell only lists for $80. Even the shorter prints, blue wave etc., #ed /15 or /25 only list for $100 - $120. I am debating if I should take a shorter printed auto plus another auto if someone offered it or if I should just put it on ebay and use the money to buy a couple of Bells on auction. I checked it out and the Lacy camo has been selling for $110 - $120 and I saw a Bell camo that went for around $50. I'm leaning towards the bay, but have never bought or sold anything there before. I'm really afraid I'll get the "disease" and start going overboard. Then again, I spend the money on cards anyway. Any comments or advice are certainly welcome. Thanks for the look!!

RE: 1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome - jplarson - 11-08-2014

Man, nice job with all the Lacy's! Sweet auto to boot. Given your collecting focus on Steelers, I'd think you'd get your best return on selling it then buying what you what.

RE: 1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome - johnnypen - 11-08-2014

(11-08-2014, 11:26 AM)jplarson Wrote: Man, nice job with all the Lacy's! Sweet auto to boot. Given your collecting focus on Steelers, I'd think you'd get your best return on selling it then buying what you what.

Thanks man. I'm leaning that way.

RE: 1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome - savagenate - 11-08-2014

I tend to agree. You'd probably get more value by trading, but not many people are going to have the cards you want to equal the trade value. By selling it, at least you can get exactly what you want then.
Maybe offer a BIN/BO price on here and see if anyone buys it, and then you don't have to deal with the bay lol. I'd take it in a heartbeat if I had the money lol

RE: 1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome - johnnypen - 11-09-2014

(11-08-2014, 04:52 PM)savagenate Wrote: I tend to agree. You'd probably get more value by trading, but not many people are going to have the cards you want to equal the trade value. By selling it, at least you can get exactly what you want then.
Maybe offer a BIN/BO price on here and see if anyone buys it, and then you don't have to deal with the bay lol. I'd take it in a heartbeat if I had the money lol

I hadn't thought of that. Good idea. $110 is the low side of what the last 3 have sold for. If I can't get that, I'll do the bay I guess. Thanks for the input!!

RE: 1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome - demondukk - 11-09-2014

Great stuff!!!

RE: 1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome - mooncricket916 - 11-10-2014

Man that sure was a GB box!!! Nice pull on the bell. I've maybe only pulled a couple non-base elways in all the boxes I've busted so don't feel bad.

RE: 1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome - johnnypen - 11-13-2014

(11-10-2014, 01:08 AM)mooncricket916 Wrote: Man that sure was a GB box!!! Nice pull on the bell. I've maybe only pulled a couple non-base elways in all the boxes I've busted so don't feel bad.

Yeah, sometimes I forget that there are 31 other teams in the NFL, lol. If the box only contains a couple of hits, the odds are obviously not in my favor. I guess I just need to start buying more boxes to better my chances. I'm sure that would thrill the wife. Ha!!

RE: 1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome - jplarson - 11-13-2014

Let us know if you wind up listing any of your inserts/parallels for trade. I wouldn't mind bulking up my 2013 chrome binder.

RE: 1 Box 2013 Topps Chrome - johnnypen - 11-13-2014

(11-13-2014, 01:01 PM)jplarson Wrote: Let us know if you wind up listing any of your inserts/parallels for trade. I wouldn't mind bulking up my 2013 chrome binder.

They are all listed for trade. When I read your post, I thought maybe I forgot to do it, lol. Sounds like something I would do.

The Bradford, Sanders and Austin are already gone. I will update my photobucket this weekend. All others are still available.