Beckett Message Boards
First Rainbow and question - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: First Rainbow and question (/thread-1566517.html)

Pages: 1 2

First Rainbow and question - ellis2211 - 10-18-2014

I was fortunate enough to pull the 2014 Finest Vintage 1/1 Superfractor Sandy Koufax and have acquired the Red /10, Gold /25, and base refractor as well. I am thinking about selling it but I do not have any rainbow experience. Do rainbows command a premium due to being complete or would I be better off selling individually to maximize profit? I would appreciate any knowledge or insight from experienced rainbowers or thoughts in general. What would something like this be worth? Thanks

RE: First Rainbow and question - Hofcollector - 10-18-2014

Im not sure on the pricing. I dont normally deal finest. However I love koufax. If you come up with a price, let me know. Im interested.

RE: First Rainbow and question - renfrow831 - 10-18-2014

My opinion isn't everything, I would say as a whole because you already did the work for the buyer, that service should be paid for Wink

RE: First Rainbow and question - yankees_pride - 10-18-2014

(10-18-2014, 02:48 PM)renfrow831 Wrote: My opinion isn't everything, I would say as a whole because you already did the work for the buyer, that service should be paid for Wink

I would like to a gree with this BUT imo the point of a rainbow is to complete it yourself.
I have a rainbow I am contemplating on selling as well but not sure if people would be disappointed that they don't get to go for the "chase ".

What do you have yankees pride?

RE: First Rainbow and question - yankees_pride - 10-18-2014

2014 finest Freddie Freeman all the way rainbow minus /15 magenta. There is one up for sale on the bay.

RE: First Rainbow and question - renfrow831 - 10-18-2014

(10-18-2014, 05:33 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: I would like to a gree with this BUT imo the point of a rainbow is to complete it yourself.
I have a rainbow I am contemplating on selling as well but not sure if people would be disappointed that they don't get to go for the "chase ".

The chase is always better there is no denying that, but be honest how often do you pull a superfractor?

Ive never tried to put together anything like that. I decided a while ago to try for all of Giancarlo Stanton's 2011 triple threads 1/1 autographed relic's. It's very frustrating. I've managed to get 8 out of the 18. There's 3 sets of 6 and I haven't completed 1 yet. So if any one has any or knows where any are, I would be more than happy to take them off your hands or reward you for the info if you can put me in touch with the owners. Love Freddie Freeman btw. You pull the Superfractor or trade for it?

RE: First Rainbow and question - ellis2211 - 10-18-2014

I pulled it. Actually, the amazing thing is that I pulled two 1/1's out of back to back boxes. The other was the Marcus Stroman Superfractor. Some of the comments are exactly what I thought would be some of the debate. I don't think I can lose in any way with this one because the only investment is $100 for the Red and Gold Refractors.

Keep buying those boxes if your on a hot streak!