Beckett Message Boards
Need the communities thoughts/opinions on this. - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Need the communities thoughts/opinions on this. (/thread-1566415.html)

Pages: 1 2

Need the communities thoughts/opinions on this. - susuki12002 - 10-15-2014

So, I have been out of the country and just got back with a little $$ in my pocket. I can get a case of 2012 National Treasures football for $2k, or I can get a case of 2012 SP Authentic Football and a case of 2014 Bowman Jumbo baseball, combined for $2250. Thoughts on which to pick? Thanks in advance.

RE: Need the communities thoughts/opinions on this. - bojesphob - 10-15-2014

Well, nice thing about the NT is that it's all nice autos and such of players in their NFL uniform. Some really good potential to hit a REALLY nice veteran or HOF'er. On the other hand, if you're like me and just love opening packs, the other might be a good option. Are you looking for the best potential hits, or wanting to be able to open as much as you can with the perspective of decent hits?

RE: Need the communities thoughts/opinions on this. - susuki12002 - 10-15-2014

(10-15-2014, 03:52 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Well, nice thing about the NT is that it's all nice autos and such of players in their NFL uniform. Some really good potential to hit a REALLY nice veteran or HOF'er. On the other hand, if you're like me and just love opening packs, the other might be a good option. Are you looking for the best potential hits, or wanting to be able to open as much as you can with the perspective of decent hits?

Thank you for the quick reply; well, Im a huge National Treasures fan and the price is about $900 cheaper than I have found anywhere else, and its a sealed case which is nice. On the other hand, the potential for the 2 cases is probably higher, hit wise. Im not looking to make a buck, for any and all of this would go into my pc.

Hmmm, well, too bad you can't go with both options LOL Smile I would say look into the hits of the 3 products and see what your chances are of hitting something that you would absolutely LOVE to have. For me, having the option to hit a bunch of Packers stuff would more than likely keep me from the 2012 products. Yeah, they had some good Packers hits in NT, but the changes of getting any of them were very small in 2012. But, if you like, for instance, Luck or RG3 or Wilson, you'd have a really good chance of hitting a great card from one of those guys from NT or the SP. That's how I would approach it: what's in it that you would like to get the most? Do either of the designs speak more to you? If you were to hit, for instance, a Peyton Manning auto, would you rather it be in NT or SP?

(10-15-2014, 04:00 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Hmmm, well, too bad you can't go with both options LOL Smile I would say look into the hits of the 3 products and see what your chances are of hitting something that you would absolutely LOVE to have. For me, having the option to hit a bunch of Packers stuff would more than likely keep me from the 2012 products. Yeah, they had some good Packers hits in NT, but the changes of getting any of them were very small in 2012. But, if you like, for instance, Luck or RG3 or Wilson, you'd have a really good chance of hitting a great card from one of those guys from NT or the SP. That's how I would approach it: what's in it that you would like to get the most? Do either of the designs speak more to you? If you were to hit, for instance, a Peyton Manning auto, would you rather it be in NT or SP?

Being from Indianapolis, I would love a low #'d auto of Luck. I also like the overall design and value of National treasures.

(10-15-2014, 04:04 PM)susuki12002 Wrote: Being from Indianapolis, I would love a low #'d auto of Luck. I also like the overall design and value of National treasures.

There you go then Smile I would say that National Treasures would be your best bet then! Of course, if you do get something like an RG3 or Wilson that's super low numbered and auto'd you could even then sell it and turn around and use the funds from that to buy a Luck!

Good luck with whatever you decide! And, whatever you do get, don't forget to post your hits, I'd love to see what you end up getting.

(10-15-2014, 04:07 PM)bojesphob Wrote: There you go then Smile I would say that National Treasures would be your best bet then! Of course, if you do get something like an RG3 or Wilson that's super low numbered and auto'd you could even then sell it and turn around and use the funds from that to buy a Luck!

Good luck with whatever you decide! And, whatever you do get, don't forget to post your hits, I'd love to see what you end up getting.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

RE: Need the communities thoughts/opinions on this. - no1dolphan - 10-16-2014

Neither and buy highly graded HOF'ers cards or the specific cards from those sets that you'd really love to have pulled from them... then pocket the extra grand.

RE: Need the communities thoughts/opinions on this. - susuki12002 - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 06:15 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: Neither and buy highly graded HOF'ers cards or the specific cards from those sets that you'd really love to have pulled from them... then pocket the extra grand.

A good point that I hadn't thought of, thank you for the input.

RE: Need the communities thoughts/opinions on this. - jaderock - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 06:15 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: Neither and buy highly graded HOF'ers cards or the specific cards from those sets that you'd really love to have pulled from them... then pocket the extra grand.

Agree with this since you will buy exactly what you REALLY want.

I don't get the rush/thrill of opening packs that some people do.