Beckett Message Boards
ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay (/thread-1560415.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - ktcardshop - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 12:20 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Good Luck everyone I will be doing everything on excel sheets and probably start using the other sites I joined not many people can help me on what I need anymore and most of them I know them by personal email and have their phone numbers as well. I am glad I never put the time and effort some of you have put in this site and all I can say make your own website post it in your signature and people can see what you have and what you want. This will probably work faster than what beckett has going on. I have not traded here in 2 years and the odds are I will never trade here again using the site as a trading place. So now it's time to start making my excel sheet for each player and what box the card is in. Right now I am thinking about selling all my cards I have no interest in. The only cards I am keeping will be my 1992 to 1999 Derek Jeter collection, my Don Mattingly collection and some of my super high end cards. I have lost interest in all the new cards so there is no need to collect them to me.

+1 I started to move my collection to Googel Chrome with the card collector as the database. Now if Beckett will just stop suing everybody we can get on with trading.

K

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - hi desert paul - 05-27-2014

I have just come back to useing beckett in the last week or so. I was one of those users who was useing the site about 4 years ago and in the first month had so many issues with the entire site that I demanded a refund for a 1 yr subscription to the price guide and stopped useing it all together. When I came back I still have my org somewhat but I had every thing sorted into diffrent years and sports and now its all in one folder mostly. Its also so messed up that I have deided to use my own srpeadsheet version to organize my collection. The org will say I dont have the card while the price guide wont let me add it to my organize either. Other then that and the price guide being so picky that you have to have exactly what Beckett calls a set or card and maybe not the actual set name I havent had any issues as of yet but I have only been useing it for a week or so. If there is a better system and price guide out there I would like to know some how I know you cant reveal it on here Beckett is afraid of any comepetion.

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - sparkz2102 - 05-27-2014

So what is everyone going to do? Stop trading or move to another site? I've been lurking around some of the other sites and they are not like this site. Any suggestions

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - Bruce3D - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 07:30 PM)sparkz2102 Wrote: So what is everyone going to do? Stop trading or move to another site? I've been lurking around some of the other sites and they are not like this site. Any suggestions

I second this question. I have found some other message boards where people trade, but it doesn't seem to be like this site - there is no organize and trade offer tool, and there isn't any feedback system. If there is something comparable to this site that people use, I would like to know about it.

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - Phillies_Joe - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 07:30 PM)sparkz2102 Wrote: So what is everyone going to do? Stop trading or move to another site? I've been lurking around some of the other sites and they are not like this site. Any suggestions

I'm here until at least December. Going to expand my horizons though I really like trading/selling/buying here (when working I think org is the best for my collection scorekeeping and trading) with the great bunch of people here. To much drama for my taste on alot of sites.

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - sparkz2102 - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 08:08 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I'm here until at least December. Going to expand my horizons though I really like trading/selling/buying here (when working I think org is the best for my collection scorekeeping and trading) with the great bunch of people here. To much drama for my taste on alot of sites.

That's true about the other sites. I have really enjoyed this site and the traders have always been great to me. I hate to leave and probably will hang around but just not trade. Im not going to bash Beckett but I would like to see the features that I pay for work when I need them too. Maybe I can come back to trading when the features work but until that time comes I will continue to search for a drama free, sarcasm free trading site with members as awesome as those on beckett

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - alfredoleal2001 - 05-28-2014

(05-21-2014, 04:42 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I have used Zistle in the past and will again in the future, the very near future

I started using it since I saw you guys post it on here, Ive liked it so far!

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - petillo64 - 05-28-2014

I'm taking a break from trading at the moment... But when I do start back up again, I'm definitely going to check out how things are going around here... If there is reasonable traffic and some familiar faces I may consider giving it a go again... The cool people/traders on this site are really what have kept it going. The ORG/Trade tool is pretty sweet and helpful WHEN operating properly, but there has been countless frustrations with it. Trading on other sites is a pain IMO especially when talking about base/set building... or I just haven't figured out how to do so effectively.

It really is a shame that they have absolutely no tact, customer service skills, or care about the quality of their product. You can only piss on the head of your customers so long while they are holding a broken product in their hands before they just say screw it.

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - jaredhuizenga - 05-28-2014

While I agree that the timing and short notice that everyone's talking about isn't the way I'd go about things, there's something to be said for pulling the Band-Aid off quickly.

Sure, they're taking a pounding in the short-term for doing it the way they did. But would that pounding really have been that much better had they done this in phases? I suspect they'd take only slightly less heat, but for a more extended amount of time.

Would you rather take a short flurry of strong punches and move more quickly into "recovery" mode or take lighter shots over a more extended amount of time, making it harder to move on and rebuild yourself to a higher level.

If nothing else, it appears they're at least being decisive and they're ready to move on with or without that vocal segment of the Beckett community.

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay - apisano - 05-28-2014

I dont care about the price increase, i dont care about purging some dead users out, what i do care about is making drastic changes to your customers and pretty much holding my ORG for ransom without having any sort of improvement within the last 4 years, and not offering any improvement coming whatsoever. I have taken a couple month break everytime my subscription lapsed but i have been on the org every single day when i have it. The trading on this site even with its glitches is the best, but it doesnt work correct ever. I dont trade much so take that with a grain of salt. My sub just ran out and i was going to buy Beckett Preffered but have decided to keep my 300+ and just collect with my excel spreadsheet. They are very backwards in their thinking. They have angered a vast majority of their current paying customers instead of catering to them to buy more and better products. If you buy a Mag subscription you cant view it digitally, WHAT why is that even a question. There is just too much that doesnt make good business sense in my mind and i am afraid to even continue with all that is in flux. If you dont have current customers staying on how is fantasy, team store, Auction, Marketplace, business solutions etc... going to work? I love collecting cards but it is not a growing industry, there is no place for youth in this industry and if you are taking away customers (parents) you are losing future customers too. It is a niche industry and the average age of the collector is not getting younger. so to end this rant, cant alienate current hobbyists, cater to current paying customers, fix what is broke before making people choose whether to give you more money and strongarming them, the more people come the better the odds of getting there money for other products but if you keep offering mediocre products people will leave.