Beckett Message Boards
This will probably jinx my Lucky Bowman streak / LBS: you'll be missed :( - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: This will probably jinx my Lucky Bowman streak / LBS: you'll be missed :( (/thread-1560333.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

This will probably jinx my Lucky Bowman streak / LBS: you'll be missed :( - DrMitchJ - 05-19-2014

Okay, so last week I pulled a Kris Bryant auto redemption.
[Image: null_zpsb5a1fcf7.jpg]

This weekend, I bought 1 hanger and 3 blasters from 3 different Targets .... And I went 4 for 4! The hanger and the blaster from the first target yielded these :
[Image: null_zpsffd216fa.jpg]

Then I picked up another blaster from another target.
Got this ...
[Image: null_zps756ac8b3.jpg]

Last night was at another Target with my daughter. I found 3 blasters and said "pick one" she picked the middle one .....
When we got home there was this /50 orange mini ....
[Image: null_zpsc7e63992.jpg]

And then this ....
[Image: null_zps9c053968.jpg]

I guess the CardGods think I should become a Travis D'Arnaud collector Smile

So overall, I'm 5 for 5 with auto hits from bowman retail, but this probably jinxed the whole mojo thing ... I'll keep you posted Smile
Thanks for looking.

RE: This will probably jinx my Bowman lucky streak (retail version) - rentzington - 05-19-2014

geez man!! thats amazing.

RE: This will probably jinx my Bowman lucky streak (retail version) - DrMitchJ - 05-19-2014

(05-19-2014, 05:45 AM)rentzington Wrote: geez man!! thats amazing.

Amazing? Not really ....
It's all because of my new blaster-searching technique. I squeeze and bend each box until a security guard tells me to stop (which can take several hours for them to notice, or until Target is about to close ... Whichever comes first) and whatever box I'm molesting at the time, it's the one with the guaranteed hit in it! Smile works like a charm LOL

Just one of those lucky streaks, I guess. And like all good things, it will come to a screeching halt. Statistically speaking, I probably won't get another retail hit from Bowman for another 30-40 boxes.

What's funny is, the 5 retail packages yielded the same number of hits that I got in my half case. Did I say funny? Sad is more like it. (... And yes, I was supposed to get 6 autos in half a case, but there was a missing hit, which I'm trying to get back from Topps .... But it's complicated ... They want ALL the foil wrappers, box UPC codes, blood, urine, tissue samples, and signed affidavits. )

RE: This will probably jinx my Bowman lucky streak (retail version) - snappyjoe75 - 05-19-2014

dude thats awesome!!! i guess i better go back as well.

RE: This will probably jinx my Bowman lucky streak (retail version) - uc7bearcat - 05-19-2014

I've purchased 4 and got 2 auto's.

Thanks for making my accomplishment feel a little lessened this Monday morning.!!

I did get a mini wood 5/5 from gypsy Saturday night though so its all good!

RE: This will probably jinx my Bowman lucky streak (retail version) - rentzington - 05-19-2014

I've got to figure out how to choose blasters my bowman ones are mostly duds
I finally hit autos on the last two but no one big

Someone was saying on here a few weeks ago they figured out which blasters to choose out of a fresh case
Sunday I went to target and a brand new case was on the shelf so I picked the third box in each row, I'll just say that didn't work

RE: This will probably jinx my Bowman lucky streak (retail version) - magneto2 - 05-19-2014

Congrats!!! That is a lucky streak beyond lucky! I have had a bit of luck at a walmart but my hobby shop has given me monster hits..

RE: This will probably jinx my Bowman lucky streak (retail version) - DrMitchJ - 05-19-2014

(05-19-2014, 09:03 AM)uc7bearcat Wrote: I've purchased 4 and got 2 auto's.
Thanks for making my accomplishment feel a little lessened this Monday morning.!!
I did get a mini wood 5/5 from gypsy Saturday night though so its all good!

I've had some good hits every now and again, excited? Sure, but never got wood! (LOL)
Sorry to belittle your accomplishment, but you were the one to call it mini-wood! Smile
Just joking ..., kidding .... Thought it was too good a straight line to pass on.

But seriously, congrats, a wood mini from GQ is an awesome hit! Still never hit one of those ... Or the ever elusive leather mini.

Again, apologies in advance for my warped sense of humor.
And remember, for mini-wood lasting more than 4 hours, please see your physician Smile

RE: This will probably jinx my Bowman lucky streak (retail version) - uc7bearcat - 05-19-2014

(05-19-2014, 02:01 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I've had some good hits every now and again, excited? Sure, but never got wood! (LOL)
Sorry to belittle your accomplishment, but you were the one to call it mini-wood! Smile
Just joking ..., kidding .... Thought it was too good a straight line to pass on.

But seriously, congrats, a wood mini from GQ is an awesome hit! Still never hit one of those ... Or the ever elusive leather mini.

Again, apologies in advance for my warped sense of humor.
And remember, for mini-wood lasting more than 4 hours, please see your physician Smile

Haha!

I guess I had that one coming.

RE: This will probably jinx my Bowman lucky streak (retail version) - phoenixrising34 - 05-19-2014

Not sure why you would even bother with Hobby boxes with all the groovy stuff you pull from retail, LOL!

Congrats