Beckett Message Boards
Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman (/thread-1560215.html)

Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman - joba the clark - 05-16-2014

Hi,

So far I have been through 3 Jumbo Boxes and 2 Hobby boxes of 2014 Bowman with nothing too earth shattering to show for it...today I picked up my 4th jumbo and finally a decent box but first I will broadcast my weak first 3 Jumbo and 2 Hobby (List only and scans on the decent box).

Hobby Box 1- Alex Yarbrough Black Refractor Auto /99

Hobby Box 2- Chris Flexen Base Auto and Yasiel Puig Black Parallel /25

Jumbo Box 1- Edwin Diaz Base Auto, Seth Mejias-Brean Base Auto and Leonardo Molina Blue Refractor Auto

Jumbo Box 2- Christian Binford Refractor Auto, Mike Mayers Base Auto and Ketel Marte Base Auto

Jumbo Box 3- J.R. Murphy Rookie Refractor Auto, Edwin Diaz Refractor Auto and Lewis Thorpe Base Auto

So after my not so good luck on these I picked up a Jumbo Box today and got these.

Chase De Jong Refractor Autograph
[Image: IMG_0010_NEW_zps25cda9f9.jpg]
After pulling this I thought I was in for some more disappointment.
Then I hit a Black Wave Hot Pack with an auto and a Silver /25 (Chris Beck)
[Image: IMG_0011_NEW_zps3997635b.jpg]
Next was this
[Image: IMG_0018_zpsfe50a568.jpg]
Not bad...he is off to a slow start but he is heating up.
Then my last auto...looks familiar but much more colorful!!!
[Image: IMG_0013_NEW_zpsda305db1.jpg]
This is just my luck though because while I am very happy with the box, last night I bought this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321404655141?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Just in case the link doesn't work, its a 2014 Bowman Chrome Maikel Franco Refractor Auto /500.

Anyway...thoughts always welcome.

RE: Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman - everett03 - 05-16-2014

Interested in trading the Edwin Diaz Ref Auto? If so let me know!

RE: Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman - roger rabbit - 05-16-2014

I'd be happy to trade for any of those Francos if you wanna reduce your stock...

RE: Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman - joba the clark - 05-16-2014

I sold the Diaz Refractor on ebay last week. Sorry. I usually list Refractor Autos on ebay just as fast as I get them. I keep the base autos unless I have doubles.
(05-16-2014, 11:26 PM)everett03 Wrote: Interested in trading the Edwin Diaz Ref Auto? If so let me know!

I have the Blue listed on feebay...I would consider doing something with the Refractor /500 when I get it but I would prob want to stick to a 1 for 1 deal. I checked what you have and I didn't see anything for the Franco, I really only collect Bowman Chrome Autos and you do have some other 14 Chrome Autos I need but I wouldn't want to trade down on that.
(05-16-2014, 11:31 PM)roger rabbit Wrote: I'd be happy to trade for any of those Francos if you wanna reduce your stock...

RE: Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman - eric387387 - 05-17-2014

would love the yarbrough black auto

RE: Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman - joba the clark - 05-17-2014

The Yarbrough Black is gone already, I opened the other boxes the first week of Bowman's release. Sorry...if its a color refractor auto I usually list those for sale as soon as possible. I keep the base autos.
(05-17-2014, 08:25 AM)eric387387 Wrote: would love the yarbrough black auto

RE: Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman - alstott9adams - 05-20-2014

nice blue

RE: Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman - DrMitchJ - 05-20-2014

Sheesh, after all those stinky boxes, you deserved a nice box full of goodies. Those black wave cards are really nice, and nice to pull those 2 Franco cards, although ironically so.

RE: Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman - joba the clark - 05-21-2014

Thanks
(05-20-2014, 11:07 AM)alstott9adams Wrote: nice blue

I agree, although I did get a lot more than I expected for the Molina Blue Refractor but still those other boxes were less than satisfactory. And its always my luck after buying an autograph of someone on ebay that I pull 2 more of his autos. Lets hope then next boxes I pick up are just as good. I like all the wave cards and I like that everybody has a chance to pull them, not just the first 10000 packs that are sent to the same 50 people that abuse the one entry per household rule.
(05-20-2014, 10:31 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Sheesh, after all those stinky boxes, you deserved a nice box full of goodies. Those black wave cards are really nice, and nice to pull those 2 Franco cards, although ironically so.

RE: Finally a decent Jumbo Box of 14 Bowman - phillies816 - 05-21-2014

Congrats. Very nice pulls. I think that Jumbo Box was meant for me so just pack it up and send it here. I don't mind that you opened it Smile